Radio callouts: Doja smashing

Starkboy

10 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

Thanks!

There was something really fishy about Level of Concern on radio. Like one of my local stations added the song late, putting it straight on mid-power. But then when it got pulled from radio shortly after, they suddenly stopped playing it like all stations. So they literally had it on rotation for 5-6 days only from the day mediabase reported them adding it, and then they never played it again. :skull:

10 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

No, I mean Pop Score kinda tells you the current rank of the song, because it basically gives a complete reception for the song BUT it heavily depends on fammiliarity, so if a song is charting very low, it's most likely to have a low rank, because less people know the song, and make sense since it's not being played as the rest. I personally prefer to look the Potential scores, which gives you a picture of the near future of the song, with fammiliarity not taken into account. 

LOC deserved way more, it always had great callouts, but Pop radio just killed it and never gave any chance. Radio has been very awful (out of touch) this year overall.

I think one thing that is in I Hope's favor is the fact that the song was released before the pandemic hit. The majority of the biggest hits of the year were released before things got bad (Don't Start Now, Blinding Lights, Adore You, The Box, The Bones, Say So, Hot Girl Bummer, Dance Monkey, Circles). A lot of songs released post-pandemic have had WAY shorter chart runs (Stuck With U, Be Kind, The Scotts, Daisies, LOC). You can even put Toosie Slide in that category since that song is in its 18th week and is already below Top 50 on the Hot 100 despite being a Drake song. That shows how bad 2020 has been for songs that were released after the pandemic really hit. Aside from the country radio hits that are more shielded (Bluebird, Die From a Broken Heart, I Hope You're Happy Now, One Margarita, Hard To Forget), pop radio is basically very closed off right now to new material so everyone is basically ****ed. I think this is part of the reason you should be sad and ***** Fairy managed to hold on for as long as they did (25 weeks and 18 weeks) or songs like Slide by H.E.R. - they all debuted before things got bad and so had room to breathe (no pun intended). I Hope was released last year and while it still debuted this year, it was in January, so again, it had a LOT of room to breathe. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• Starkboy

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/15/2020 at 3:35 AM, MusicLoverDude said:

I think one thing that is in I Hope's favor is the fact that the song was released before the pandemic hit. The majority of the biggest hits of the year were released before things got bad (Don't Start Now, Blinding Lights, Adore You, The Box, The Bones, Say So, Hot Girl Bummer, Dance Monkey, Circles). A lot of songs released post-pandemic have had WAY shorter chart runs (Stuck With U, Be Kind, The Scotts, Daisies, LOC). You can even put Toosie Slide in that category since that song is in its 18th week and is already below Top 50 on the Hot 100 despite being a Drake song. That shows how bad 2020 has been for songs that were released after the pandemic really hit. Aside from the country radio hits that are more shielded (Bluebird, Die From a Broken Heart, I Hope You're Happy Now, One Margarita, Hard To Forget), pop radio is basically very closed off right now to new material so everyone is basically ****ed. I think this is part of the reason you should be sad and ***** Fairy managed to hold on for as long as they did (25 weeks and 18 weeks) or songs like Slide by H.E.R. - they all debuted before things got bad and so had room to breathe (no pun intended). I Hope was released last year and while it still debuted this year, it was in January, so again, it had a LOT of room to breathe. 

That makes sense. I wonder if it's people not being out and about in clubs, bars, ubers, and also driving less so these songs are having difficulty being familiarized? Unless their tik tok smashes no one in GP knows they exist :skull: 

Edited by Raphy23

Potential (08/21)

1. Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 88

(+2) I Hope 88 (▲2)

3. Blinding Lights 86

4 (-2) Rockstar 86 (▼1)

(+2) Before You Go 86 (▲2)

(-1) Adore You 86

(+1) Blueberry Faygo 85 ▲2)

(-2) Watermelon Sugar 84 (▼1)

9. If the World Was Ending 83

10. Break My Heart 82 (▲1)

11. Supalonely 82 (▲1)

12 (NE) Moral of the Story 78

13. Savage Remix 77

14 (-2) Roses 77 (▼2)

Pop Score (08/21)

1. Blinding Lights 85

2. Adore You 83

3. Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 83 (▲1)

4. Before You Go 81 (▲2)

5. Rockstar 80 (▲1)

6. Break My Heart 77 (▲1)

7. Watermelon Sugar 77 (▲1)

8. If the World Was Ending 76

(+1) Blueberry Faygo 75 (▲3)

10 (+1) Supalonely 74 (▲2)

11 (+1) Roses 72

12 (-3) Savage Remix 72

13. I Hope 68 (▲2)

14 (NE) Moral of the Story 62

Net Positive (08/21)

1. I Hope 49.1 (+2.8)

2 (+6) Blueberry Faygo 45.2 (+3.7)

3 (-1) Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 44.3 (+0.3)

(-1) Blinding Lights 44.1 (+0.1)

(-1) Adore You 43.9 (+0.2)

6. Before You Go 43.8 (+0.7)

(-2) Rockstar 42.5 (-0.6)

(-1) Break My Heart 42.2 (+1.1)

(+1) Supalonely 41.0 (+1.5)

10 (-1) Watermelon Sugar 38.6 (-2.3)

11. If the World Was Ending 37.7 (-0.9)

12 (NE) Moral of the Story 36.0

13 (-1) Roses 29.0 (-4.0)

14 (-1) Savage Remix 28.6 (-0.1)

Most positive reaction: Blinding Lights

Favorite song: Coffee for Your Head (death bed)

Most negative reaction: Savage Remix

Heaviest Burnout: Savage Remix

Most familiarity: Blinding Lights

People getting tired of WS, which makes sense, it gets tiring when it's overplayed, unlike AY which is so addictive. Still great callouts. 

Capaldi has all the potential to go straight to the top.

Gabby with excellent callouts :eek: 

I Hope :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

People getting tired of WS, which makes sense, it gets tiring when it's overplayed, unlike AY which is so addictive. Still great callouts. 

Yea WS really came and went fast for me. I think Savage Love will suffer from this too, if not even more. It doesn't do well on power rotation. The station at work plays it once an hour and it's driving all my colleagues mad. Definitely the most hated song at work at the moment. 

42 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

It's the opposite for me - I LOOOOVE "Watermelon Sugar" and like "Adore You". WS >>>>>> AY for me definitely.

37 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Yea WS really came and went fast for me. I think Savage Love will suffer from this too, if not even more. It doesn't do well on power rotation. The station at work plays it once an hour and it's driving all my colleagues mad. Definitely the most hated song at work at the moment. 

It's annoying af, never like the laxed-siren beat, and the autotuned Derulo's voice, what a mess :rip: 

21 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

It's annoying af, never like the laxed-siren beat, and the autotuned Derulo's voice, what a mess :rip: 

My manager literally threw something. I was scared because I'm in control of the radio, but when I changed the station, that station just played it again :skull: It suffers the same problem as Ariana's Problem.

7 hours ago, Jef said:

Cardigan next week?

If it debuts before "Savage Love"...

It take a long time usually

21 hours ago, Jef said:

Cardigan next week?

I highly doubt that. So many other songs still need to debut.

I Hope is doing amazing :clap3: 

It will definitely go top ten on the Hot 100 if not this week. Charlie better be credited too - because he deserves it. The duet version is much more appealing.

Potential (08/28)

(+1) I Hope 87 (▼1)

2 (-1) Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 86 (▼2)

3. Blinding Lights 86

(+1) Before You Go 86

(+2) Blueberry Faygo 84 (▼1)

6. Adore You 84 (▼2)

(-3) Rockstar 83 (▼3)

8. Watermelon Sugar 82 (▼2)

(+2) Supalonely 82

10 (-1) If the World Was Ending 82 (▼1)

11 (▼1) Break My Heart 81 (▼1)

12 (NE) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 77

13. Savage Remix 76 (▼1)

14. Roses 75 (▼2)

15 (NE) Like That 73

Pop Score (08/28)

1. Blinding Lights 85

2 (+1) Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 82 (▼1)

3 (-1) Adore You 82 (▼1)

4. Before You Go 81

5. Rockstar 78 (▼1)

6. Break My Heart 78 (▲1)

7. Watermelon Sugar 76 (▼1)

(+1) Blueberry Faygo 76 (▲1)

(-1) If the World Was Ending 75 (▼1)

10. Supalonely 74 

11 (NE) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 72

12 (-1) Roses 71 (▼1)

13 (-1) Savage Remix 70 (▼2)

14 (-1) I Hope 68 

15 (NE) Like That 60

Net Positive (08/28)

1. I Hope 48.2 (-0.9)

2. Blueberry Faygo 45.4 (+0.2)

3 (+3) Before You Go 43.8

4. Blinding Lights 43.1 (-1.0)

(-2) Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 42.0 (-2.3)

(-1) Adore You 41.6 (-2.3)

(+1) Break My Heart 40.7 (+1.5)

(+1) Supalonely 40.3 (-0.7)

(-2) Rockstar 39.5 (-3.0)

10 (+1) If the World Was Ending 36.9 (-0.8)

11 (-1) Watermelon Sugar 36.2 (-2.4)

12 (NE) Savage Love (Laxed-Siren Beat) 30.7

13 (+1) Savage Remix 26.4 (-2.2)

14 (-1) Roses 26.1 (-2.9)

15 (NE) Like That 25.8

Most positive reaction: Blinding Lights

Favorite song: Coffee for Your Head (death bed)

Most negative reaction: Savage Remix

Heaviest Burnout: Savage Remix

Most familiarity: Blinding Lights

Edited by Ger-55

Is Savage Love's debut good? Which song has better scores Savage Love or I Hope?

50 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Is Savage Love's debut good? Which song has better scores Savage Love or I Hope?

No, it's actually very weak (almost bad), and its Heavy Burnout already is very telling. "I Hope" has way better score, just not as popular and well-known as SL, which makes sense.

20 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

No, it's actually very weak (almost bad), and its Heavy Burnout already is very telling. "I Hope" has way better score, just not as popular and well-known as SL, which makes sense.

Just debuting and people are already tired of it :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

Can we blame people tho? :dies:

3 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

Who cares? People  STREAM the song and they don't use radio..#11 this week (without youtube) .https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs I saw some songs on radio this year who reached #1 on pop and had decent callouts but people didn't really want to 'stream' them..:smile:

Edited by Iamsorare

On 8/28/2020 at 5:07 PM, Iamsorare said:

Who cares? People  STREAM the song and they don't use radio..#11 this week (without youtube) .https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs I saw some songs on radio this year who reached #1 on pop and had decent callouts but people didn't really want to 'stream' them..:smile:

Cool. This is the radio thread though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.