Radio callouts: Doja smashing

Starkboy

On 7/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, StrangerInTheDark said:

Ton of hits?

Only 5 top 10  singles after her first two eras and let's check how they got their peaks:

#1 Shallow (needed tons of payola and campaign to re-enter top 10 after spending only 2 weeks in top 10 / 7 weeks in top 10 overall)

#1 Rain on Me (tons of payola and bundles / 4 weeks in top 10)

#4 Applause

#4 Million reasons (1 week in top 10 thanks to Superbowl)

#5 Stupid Love (1 week in top 10 thanks to radio payola, streaming payola and bundles)

Her only organic top 10 singles were Shallow and Applause. She got two top 5 peaks thanks to Superbowl and payola and another #1 just thanks to payola. 

So yes, without huge label behind her and payola where do you think she would've been by now? 

This tbh.  :clap3:

Lady Gaga without her label = Ashanti. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• Starkboy

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the casual radio listeners ears when they hear the magical clear audio of Rain On Me. :allears::alexz3:  Pop perfection! :alexz: 

A return to #1 here we go! :gaygacat5: 

Potential (07/24)

1 (+1) Adore You 88  (▼1)

(-1) Watermelon Sugar 88 (▼3)

3. Rockstar 86 (▼2)

4. Blinding Lights 86

(+2) Coffee for your Head (death bed) 84 

6. If the World Was Ending 84 (▼1)

(+1) Sunday Best 83

(-3) Before You Go 83 (▼2)

(+1) Blueberry Faygo 81

10 (+1) Be Kind 81 (▲1)

11 (+1) Break My Heart  79 (▼1)

12 (-3) Savage Remix 79 (▼2)

13 (+1) Say So 79 

14 (+1) Supalonely 79 (▲1)

15 (+2) Roses 78 (▲2)

16 (+2) Falling 78 (▲2)

17 (-1) Rain On Me 77

Pop Score (07/24)

1. Adore You 85 (▲1)

2. Blinding Lights 84 

(+2) Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 78 (▲1)

(+2) Say So 77 

(-2) Before You Go 77 (▼2)

(-2) Rockstar 76  (▼2)

(+1) Break My Heart 75

(+3) Watermelon Sugar 75 (▲1)

(-2) If the World Was Ending 75

10. Sunday Best 74

11 (+1) Falling 74 (▲2)

12 (-3) Savage Remix 73  (▼2)

13 (+1) Blueberry Faygo 69

14 (+1) Roses 69

15 (+1) Supalonely 69 (▲1)

16 (+2) Rain On Me 62

17 (+2) Be Kind 57 (▲1)

Net Positive (07/24)

1. Adore You 45.7 (-1.4)

(+1) Watermelon Sugar 44.7 (-1.2)

(+2) Blinding Lights 43.6 (-0.8) 

(-2) Rockstar 42.8 (-3.4) 

5 (+1) If the World Was Ending 42.3 (-1.0)

(+5) Be Kind 42.3 (+1.5)

(+1) Break My Heart 41.8 (-0.2)

(+1) Coffee for Your Head (death bed) 41.3 (-0.3)

9 (-5) Before You Go 41.0 (-3.7)

10 (-3) Sunday Best 40.5 (-1.5) 

11 (+1) Blueberry Faygo 39.6 (+0.3)

12 (+1) Supalonely 36.4 (+0.6)

13 (+3) Falling 34.4 (+2.2)

14 (+4) Roses 33.0 (+2.8)

15 (-1) Say So 32.7 (-1.6)

16 (+1) Rain On Me 32.4 (+0.6)

17 (-2) Savage Remix 31.7 (-1.4)

Most positive reaction: Adore You

Favorite song: Watermelon Sugar

Most negative reaction: Savage

Heaviest Burnout: Say So

Most familiarity: Blinding Lights

13 minutes ago, Prison said:

(+5) Be Kind 42.3 (+1.5)

why did pop radio drop ha

still last on pop score. callouts started improving too late for it to bounce back

seems like Savage is gonna freefall soon. it did better than expected considering it's a ratchet song.

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

still last on pop score. callouts started improving too late for it to bounce back

seems like Savage is gonna freefall soon. it did better than expected considering it's a ratchet song.

pardon me but what's the difference between Potential, Net Positive and Pop Score? and which one is the most important?

4 minutes ago, Prison said:

pardon me but what's the difference between Potential, Net Positive and Pop Score? and which one is the most important?

The Potential score consits of Net Positive (Overall reaction to the song: Positive - Negative), if the song is his/her favorite or if the person is tired to death of this song being played and yes, all points are % (from a total of around 1100 participants). It's a formula which considers previous factors. Basically, the potential gives you a picture of what's the near future of the song on the Airplay chart.

Pop Score is the same potential score but multiplied by the fammiliarity, which shows you, in theory, more about the current level of sucess of the song on the official ranking. 

Also, songs must be at least 60% familiar to qualify and appear on the chart which is released every Friday.

Credits: Au$tin @ Pulse, Ger55

I'd say there are all 3 equally as important. to say that song has good callouts it must be doing from great to decent in all 3

What is going on with ROM :rip: How can a song doing good on ITunes/Spotify/AM do so poorly on Callouts? Does this happen normally with other songs where Callouts are exceptionally weak compared to other platforms?

3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

The Potential score consits of Net Positive (Overall reaction to the song: Positive - Negative), if the song is his/her favorite or if the person is tired to death of this song being played and yes, all points are % (from a total of around 1100 participants). It's a formula which considers previous factors. Basically, the potential gives you a picture of what's the near future of the song on the Airplay chart.

Pop Score is the same potential score but multiplied by the fammiliarity, which shows you, in theory, more about the current level of sucess of the song on the official ranking. 

Also, songs must be at least 60% familiar to qualify and appear on the chart which is released every Friday.

Credits: Au$tin @ Pulse, Ger55

I'd say there are all 3 equally as important. to say that song has good callouts it must be doing from great to decent in all 3

ahh ok thanks a lot

20 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

What is going on with ROM :rip: How can a song doing good on ITunes/Spotify/AM do so poorly on Callouts? Does this happen normally with other songs where Callouts are exceptionally weak compared to other platforms?

Intentions by Justin Bieber as of recent

7 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

Intentions by Justin Bieber as of recent

were those Callouts as bad as ROM? Didn’t that reach #1 on Pop?

4 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

were those Callouts as bad as ROM? Didn’t that reach #1 on Pop?

Bad call outs and high charting happens from time to time. I think it reached as high as #4 organically then they clearly used payola the rest of the way to #1 when it started to get huge updates suddenly. The call outs were horrible from what I remember but I don’t know whose are worse.

15 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

Bad call outs and high charting happens from time to time. I think it reached as high as #4 organically then they clearly used payola the rest of the way to #1 when it started to get huge updates suddenly. The call outs were horrible from what I remember but I don’t know whose are worse.

Thanks.. hopefully ROM will pull an Intentions then :ihype:

1 hour ago, Prison said:

If it helps more..

On 3/31/2020 at 9:37 PM, Ger-55 said:

Haha, nothing to apologize, it's a pleasure. 

MEDIABASE 102 (since 101 is to understand the daily charts :dies: )

Every week, Critical Mass Media performs a survey. These surveys ask random participants a few basic questions about certain songs (initially the current Top 30 on Mediabase). These questions include: "Are you familiar with the song? (Familiarity)," "Do you feel positively or negatively about the song?," (Positive/Negative Reaction), "Would you say this is one of your favorite songs?" (Favoritism) and "Are you tired of hearing this song?" (Heavy Burnout) among general questions about a person's age, gender, location, and the type of stations they tend to listen to and when they listen to them. 

Basically, these factors (Positive/Negative Reaction, Familiarity, etc) are percentages (%) of people who answered affirmatively in each case given a total sample (around 1000-1500 people currently consulted each week). Now that we understand the factors, let's go with the combined scores.

Net Positive: is the basic overall reaction to the song. Formula: NetPos = Positive - Negative. 

Potential: gives you the whole picture about the immediate future of the song (literally its potential on chart) on the radio. It is the result that takes into account all the factors except Familiarity (that would give us Net Positive, Favoritism and Heavy Burnout). I have not yet found the formula to calculate this score (but I could give it a try since it's #Quarantine). To me this is the most important score in terms of what's next for the song, if radio drops/plays more a song, becuase it gives you a complete reaction of the audience. 

Pop Score: tells you the current level of popularity and reception of the song. Formula: Potential * Familiarity. Songs with the biggest familiarity tend to chart the highest, meaning they are the most played.

Personal conclusion:

In terms of peaks, radio stations pay attention to Potential score, but combined with the buzz around that song in other platforms: iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc. That meant a song that's heavily demanded on the sales and streaming department with very good callouts (but not stellar callouts) could be gaining a lot on radio and gets exposure enough to top the Airplay chart. Nevertheless, in terms of longevity, callouts are what matters the most, 100%. A song which keep getting great callouts are gonna serve amazing longevity (ex. Love Lies, Circles, Eastside).

AY being back to #1 is truly something. Expected, I LOVE to hear it every time they play it, I really can't get enough of it. Harry really did THAT. 

"coffee for your head" is a grower and has a great potential, definetely see it going Top 10 at least. "

BYG slowing down, because these damn programmers take ages to pick it up. :rip:

"Savage" likely to peak on Pop at this point, same for "Roses". Mediocre callouts for BMH considering it's #1 right now.

Be Kind :cries: 

(+5) Be Kind 42.3 (+1.5) 

A smash! :clap3:

On 7/21/2020 at 7:25 PM, Raphy23 said:

99-A4-A028-120-A-4-B2-B-AF71-4-DE71-FDFCI hope this helps ROM on callouts. Not sure yet if I believe they did anything but we’ll see with the next survey.

I just did the new RTM survey, and the ROM snippet is finally HQ :duca: 

On 7/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, StrangerInTheDark said:

Ton of hits?

Only 5 top 10  singles after her first two eras and let's check how they got their peaks:

#1 Shallow (needed tons of payola and campaign to re-enter top 10 after spending only 2 weeks in top 10 / 7 weeks in top 10 overall)

#1 Rain on Me (tons of payola and bundles / 4 weeks in top 10)

#4 Applause

#4 Million reasons (1 week in top 10 thanks to Superbowl)

#5 Stupid Love (1 week in top 10 thanks to radio payola, streaming payola and bundles)

Her only organic top 10 singles were Shallow and Applause. She got two top 5 peaks thanks to Superbowl and payola and another #1 just thanks to payola. 

So yes, without huge label behind her and payola where do you think she would've been by now? 

Shallow was the opposite of Payola’d :skull: It’s radio performance was shameful for its performance on streaming & iTunes. If US radio wasn’t biased against Shallow for its sound (this is true you can literally look the Billboard article), it would’ve been top 10 from October until March. The Oscars performance was the only promo done outside of the movie campaign. It going viral was also the opposite of payola, we literally had to spam Bobby to license the video for it to count for the chart, any other artist would’ve made sure that was the first thing done upon uploading the video  :rip:

OT: Hoping ROM’s scores can improve before Pop radio drops it. Doesn’t deserve scores this low. 

Edited by luckythisway

7 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

(+5) Be Kind 42.3 (+1.5) 

A smash! :clap3:

Screaming! Pop OWES her (and Marshmello for that matter) a new hit at this point. 

Edited by ReverseWarholian

On 7/21/2020 at 6:25 PM, Raphy23 said:

99-A4-A028-120-A-4-B2-B-AF71-4-DE71-FDFCI hope this helps ROM on callouts. Not sure yet if I believe they did anything but we’ll see with the next survey.

Imagine if Rain On Me gets a boost next week, now we know why. :dies: Why is it that us stans do more promo/more for the artist sometimes than their own team? :deadbanana4:

Yes Harry, yes positivity

velocity

6 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

when will I Hope debut?

Probably in 2 weeks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.