UK: Highest Certified Female Artists (All-Time)

istan4badgalriri

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istan4badgalriri

• Lovett

• Blade

• Jimmy.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:33 AM, slobro said:

Gaga contributed more to the ASIB soundtrack than Rihanna did to her entire discography yet the OP is getting pedantic over a search engine result

R6U7sbU.gif

:soda:

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

I wasn't talking about your post boo

Then why are you here ? Why do you care about my 7 pages thread ? :lmao: 

I presumed it wasn't a pick-and-choose exercise, but the actual stats of artists in the UK. I see I was wrong. Nice that you pivot away the moment you're exposed for making this crap up :rip: 

Pink Adele and Madonna having an even distribution of albums and singles sold in the top 5.

:clap3:

57 minutes ago, Lover said:

THE queen of Pop on top as usual.

tumblr_pi6yxjjs7Y1qj28qwo4_r1_250.gif

Rihanna?

Gaga won

Edited by Blade

On 11/19/2018 at 1:46 AM, Blade said:

Rihanna?

Nah

1 album sold =/= 1 little quick single sold

BeautifulFighter
On 11/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, Mediabase said:

The fact that Nicki Minaj and Mariah are equal. :rip:

The fact that almost all of her sales are singles, logical as album sales were higher back in Mariah's golden years. And that a lot of them are collabs. I'm curious. Are jlo, Xtina, Britney Spears etc a flop in the UK according to you? Since both Nicki and Mariah outsold them in the UK.

17 hours ago, BeautifulFighter said:

The fact that almost all of her sales are singles, logical as album sales were higher back in Mariah's golden years. And that a lot of them are collabs. I'm curious. Are jlo, Xtina, Britney Spears etc a flop in the UK according to you? Since both Nicki and Mariah outsold them in the UK.

Is quite unfair equal 1 album sale to 1 single sale.

Albums should equal to 10 to 15  single track, depending of the amount of songs included. 

I am sorry but this list is a complete mess.

It has equaled 1 album sale to 1 single sale and then combined them together for a total number.

This is not how you count certifications. Albums and singles don't need the same amount of copies to get a certification.

8 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

Thanks! I’ll update this later tonight

Edited by istan4badgalriri

On 11/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mediabase said:

I am sorry but this list is a complete mess.

It has equaled 1 album sale to 1 single sale and then combined them together for a total number.

This is not how you count certifications. Albums and singles don't need the same amount of copies to get a certification.

Then make your own thread(s) with whatever unofficial formula you invented ??‍♂️

OP upated!

Little Mix re-enters top 10 & Ariana enters top 20

2 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

All I see is mixed sales of albums and singles, not actual certifications. What a dumb and useless thread.

:toofunny3: Those are literally certified units based on official certifications. Identical to the "US Highest Certified Females" thread, but for the UK:

...Except UK certifications are automatically updated by BPI and don't need to be requested by labels, which is way better.

Funny how people didn't have an issue with the RIAA thread, when the same methodology was applied in my thread.

Funny how nobody had an issue with my thread until Little Monsters entered it.

Funny how y'all keep checking for my "dumb and useless thread".

Y'all are so transparent :lmao: 

9 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:toofunny3: Those are literally certified units based on official certifications. Identical to the "US Highest Certified Females" thread, but for the UK:

...Except UK certifications are automatically updated by BPI and don't need to be requested by labels, which is way better.

Funny how people didn't have an issue with the RIAA thread, when the same methodology was applied in my thread.

Funny how nobody had an issue with my thread until Little Monsters entered it.

Funny how y'all keep checking for my "dumb and useless thread".

Y'all are so transparent :lmao: 

I had no idea about that thread, which sounds as useless as this one. If this thread was about certifications, you'd list the artists by the number of certifications, not by the sales that they imply. You're also counting records sold, mixing albums and singles sales, which has been long discussed that represent next to nothing. This would only be worth it if it was on equivalents.

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I had no idea about that thread, which sounds as useless as this one. If this thread was about certifications, you'd list the artists by the number of certifications, not by the sales that they imply. You're also counting records sold, mixing albums and singles sales, which has been long discussed that represent next to nothing. This would only be worth it if it was on equivalents.

What? :deadbanana2: Idk if you realize how silly and actually useless this would be. If we used this methodology, an artist who has 20 Silver-certified singles (aka 4 million certified units) would rank higher than an artist who has 15 Platinum-certified singles (aka 9 million certified units). :deadbanana4:  Pure nonsense.

And maybe you think records sold mean next to nothing, but those are what the "best-selling artists of all time" lists are based on.

4 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

What? :deadbanana2: Idk if you realize how silly and actually useless this would be. If we used this methodology, an artist who has 20 Silver-certified singles (aka 4 million certified units) would rank higher than an artist who has 15 Platinum-certified singles (aka 9 million certified units). :deadbanana4:  Pure nonsense.

And maybe you think records sold mean next to nothing, but those are what the "best-selling artists of all time" lists are based on.

Then you should change the title because Most Certified = quantity of certifications. What you probably mean with this thread is "best selling female acts based on certifications", which was interesting until you summed albums with singles like they didn't have any difference. Again, pointless thread.

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Then you should change the title because Most Certified = quantity of certifications. What you probably mean with this thread is "best selling female acts based on certifications", which was interesting until you summed albums with singles like they didn't have any difference. Again, pointless thread.

So basically you're just nitpicking cause you're probably not happy with the ranking and who's at the top and where your fave(s) rank and all that. Everyone else understood what this thread is about. Again, no one's stopping you from making your own.

11 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

You need to get over it :dies:

13 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Embarrassing :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.