Spotify: Most streamed albums by female artists (no singles)

channel orange

Joanne should be able on that list, right? I believe it's at 350 million without singles 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• channel orange

• Letemtalk

• 80x100

• ViviLittleM

On 29/07/2018 at 2:22 PM, Shady said:

Joanne should be able on that list, right? I believe it's at 350 million without singles :celestial5:

I don't think it works that way.

When I first saw this thread it wasn't clear to me either.

On 13/03/2018 at 7:21 AM, channel orange said:

This chart shows the overall most streamed albums (listed in this thread) but with the streams from their singles excluded.

The 10 albums mentioned in the o.p. are the ones from the Spotify most streamed female albums thread. Those albums are analysed again without the singles to see which albums have the most streams from album tracks, rather than just huge singles.

You can think of this as an extension of that previous thread. It provides some additional analysis on the Top 10, rather than making a new chart.

Edit: The update from late July seems to be using a different method.

Edited by Letemtalk

6 hours ago, Shady said:

Joanne should be able on that list, right? I believe it's at 350 million without singles 

i think it was at 280m or something like that, but i don’t remember the actual number. it didn’t make the top 15 on the chart that i’ll start updating from august 1st

What is this outdated mess

Zara :eek: I didn’t know her album tracks were so huge.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:21 AM, channel orange said:

12  Lorde  Pure Heroine  361m

It looks like the deluxe Pure Heroine is considered a "re-release" here so not bad for the 6 remaining tracks of the original 10 track album.

14  Lorde  Melodrama     344m

- remixes, acoustic versions, solo versions, second parts, etc. of tracks that are singles are not counted

Homemade Dynamite (Remix) was the single, but it looks like you are subtracting the original Homemade Dynamite too? So I guess what you are saying is that if any version of a song is a single, then all the streams from all versions of the song are removed from the count?

Edited by Letemtalk

8 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

It looks like the deluxe Pure Heroine is considered a "re-release" here so not bad for the 6 remaining tracks of the original 10 track album.

i wasn’t sure if the Extended version is considered a deluxe or a rerelease because according to wikipedia it was released a few months after the album

9 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

Homemade Dynamite (Remix) was the single, but it looks like you are subtracting the original Homemade Dynamite too? So I guess what you are saying is that if any version of a song is a single, then all the streams from all versions of the song are removed from the count?

yes, any version of a track that is already a single is not counted

ok, everything is finally done, i will do the updates once every 3 months because the movement with album tracks is not as noticeable as it is with the singles

1 hour ago, channel orange said:

i wasn’t sure if the Extended version is considered a deluxe or a rerelease because according to wikipedia it was released a few months after the album

I'm not sure either, but I do remember there was a gap between the original 10 track album and the extended release.

yes, any version of a track that is already a single is not counted

In this case it was the reverse, because Homemade Dynamite was a pure album track for a couple of months getting about the same number of streams as Perfect Places, then they released the REMIX version of the song as a single and the original album track started getting less streams.

But I'm fine with rules as long as they are the same for everyone. You have to draw a line somewhere.

Thanks for doing the update.

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting and rewording

On 7/29/2018 at 4:37 PM, channel orange said:

i think it was at 280m or something like that, but i don’t remember the actual number. it didn’t make the top 15 on the chart that i’ll start updating from august 1st

i believe the tracks excluding singles are more than 300M now.. or did you consider Joanne as a single?? it was a single in 2countries I think and just an album track in main markets..

Edited by Cryptique

Feelin Myself had a video, it was a promo single.

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

i believe the tracks excluding singles are more than 300M now.. or did you consider Joanne as a single?? it was a single in 2countries I think..

yes, i counted every track except Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons and Joanne. if wikipedia states that a certain track was a single, i have excluded it, the rules are the same for every album on the list

1 minute ago, channel orange said:

yes, i counted every track except Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons and Joanne. if wikipedia states that a certain track was a single, i have excluded it, the rules are the same for every album on the list

ah okay.. it's because Joanne was sent to radio in Italy and some other small EU country.. but in US, Canda, UK, Australia,evry countries outside the 2(?) just an album track.. but if that's your rule with your list then i've no further complaints

great work :clap3: cause I wanna see the success of an album outside playlisted singles..

1 hour ago, Rumystic said:

Camila's album streams omgg! :jonny5:streaming chanteuse

She's done really well. :clap3:

But she could drop a little depending on the next single, as I'm assuming that only Havana and NBTS have been counted as singles so far?

The worst case scenario (as far as this chart goes) would be if they released 'She Loves Control' or 'Real Friends' as a single, which could drop her album streams to below 300 m and outside the Top 15.

If this happens, Reputation might enter the Top 15, unless Taylor also releases a single ....

i will do the updates once every 3 months because the movement with album tracks is not as noticeable as it is with the singles

For albums where singles are still being released, there could be a rapid movement down the chart, so in some respects this could be a much more volatile chart than others.

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting and rewording

24 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

For albums where singles are still being released, there could be a rapid movement down the chart, so in some respects this could be a much more volatile chart than others.

yes, you are definitely right. it’s a weird situation with the albums that are still active

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 0:32 AM, Letemtalk said:

The worst case scenario (as far as this chart goes) would be if they released 'She Loves Control' or 'Real Friends' as a single, which could drop her album streams to below 300 m and outside the Top 15.

On 8/1/2018 at 0:57 AM, channel orange said:

yes, you are definitely right. it’s a weird situation with the albums that are still active

:cm:

3 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

:cm:

this will be reflected in the next update

• 2 months later...

Still shook at Melanie and Halsey, how random :rip:

0-C85-AA92-3-CFE-45-BA-825-F-61-C9252600

Artist

Album

Gain

Total

=

Rihanna

Anti

37m

825m

=

ArianaGrande

Dangerous Woman

53m

754m

=

Melanie Martinez

Cry Baby

34m

649m

=

Halsey

Badlands

41m

648m

=

Nicki Minaj

The Pinkprint

25m

541m

=

Ariana Grande

My Everything

27m

529m

=

Lana Del Rey

Born To Die

18m

414m

+2

Adele

36m

407m

+1

Adele

20m

404m

NEW

Halsey

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom

399m

44-A5-DFC2-D1-BA-4122-9-FBC-BAAAFB68515-

NEW

Ariana Grande

Sweetener

—

392m

Sia

This Is Acting

22m

392m

+2

Cardi B

Invasion Of Privacy

39m

380m

=

Lorde

Melodrama

36m

380m

Lorde

Pure Heroine

16m

377m

Selena Gomez

Revival

13m

367m

NEW

Taylor Swift

25m

349m

NEW

Lana Del Rey

Lust For Life

322m

NEW

Ariana Grande

Yours Truly

20m

320m

NEW

Lana Del Rey

Ultraviolence 

14m

317m

- the list is extended to 20 albums due enough albums surpassing 300m streams to form a top 20 chart;

Sweetener and Hopeless Fountain Kingdom debut on the main chart, while ReputationLust For LifeYours Truly and Ultraviolence debut due to the chart’s extension.

:rip: At dua lipa not making the list

14 minutes ago, Caesar said:

:rip: At dua lipa not making the list

her non-singles have 270m streams, so she’s close (kinda)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.