FINALE (pg. 53) | A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words ?

prézli

4 minutes ago, Lukey said:

but where the results

Writing and formatting them now

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prézli

• Lukey

• Satan

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

Lp0uPV4x_o.png

olr2no0r_o.png

#LINGERIE

lpi4LhsA_o.png

thecptz

Spoiler

Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor

prézli said:

You went with stripping, and stripping is the first (and only) thing that comes to my mind when looking at the picture. The reason why I didn't give it the maximum points is this song is not as intimate as it should be. Still decent, though. ― 9

Clueless said:

a perfect fit. somewhat safe but it totally works! ― 8.5

Legend E said:

Eh kinda predictable imo, but it fits the picture, surprised you came out with a decent entry, rat ― 8

Navyofbadgals said:

This is a great fit! I think this song really captures the picture quite well. It's an intimate (and classy/sophisticated) picture, and so is the song. I feel like the song doesn't really capture the colors of it, but other than that great job! ― 9

Kylie Jenner

Spoiler

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

prézli said:

Sonically, the song fits very well. Lyrically, I'm not sure. He asks the girl to have sex, but the main problem is that we literally know nothing about the woman herself because he only talks about himself. 7

Clueless said:

really good pick :jonny5:. KINDA wish you had picked Sexual Healing since it's slightly better :eli: 10

Legend E said:

I think this is a decent, nice sex-inducing entry. Marvin Gaye was a pro at it 9

Navyofbadgals said:

This is a perfect pick! ― 10

Loyalty

Spoiler

The Weeknd - Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)

prézli said:

You don't know how many contestants tried to snatch this song. Yes, it does fit, but there are better entries in this round that fit better lyrically. 8

Clueless said:

yay this song is SO sexy. i did a striptease in my car every time it came on the radio. ― 9

Legend E said:

I also think this is predictable and the description didn't really help you. Just like the other judges said, I think you focused more on the sound of it (and the fact that it was in FSOG, I guess) than the lyrical content 7.5

Navyofbadgals said:

Definitely a decent fit, but not perfect either. Earned It captures the black/white color tone of the picture quite well, however the Weeknd song is so much about Abel's devotion to the girl, which I don't really see back in this picture.. Sonically a perfect pick, lyrically a decent pick :heart2:  ― 8

Xedretinz Lododnz

Spoiler

Luke James - Dancing in the Dark

prézli said:

This song is a bop. Anyway, it fits the picture both sonically and lyrically well and I'm happy that there is not literally sex in the song as many of the contestants thought this round. 8.5

Clueless said:

It certainly fits. Very sexy. 8

Legend E said:

I think this is quite a risky entry. I think you missed some of the points in relation to the picture and the lyrics, but overall it's a good entry 9

Navyofbadgals said:

I never heard this song/artist before and it's quite nice :gaycat4: That said, it's not a perfect match for me. It definitely captures the lingerie.. but the song itself is also about the insecurities of a girl, while in the picture I don't really see an insecure pose from the woman. ― 7

Queen Conchita

Spoiler

Ginuwine - Pony

prézli said:

I was 4 when the song was released and remember liking it without knowing its true message. :skull: Ginuwine is "looking for a partner" to have sex. It's semi-related to the picture. If the picture had been a dck, you would have won. 6.5

Clueless said:

A sex song. You DID that! 8.5

Legend E said:

I think this fails to capture the sensuality of the picture, but it's a different way of seeing it, I guess 8

Navyofbadgals said:

There's a raunchiness in Pony that is the reason why it's a classic, but that raunchiness is the exact reason why I feel like the picture and the song don't match very nicely. It's also Ginuwine wanting a partner.. they don't really match nicely for me, sorree queen :emofish:  ― 5

MusicLoverDude

Spoiler

Liam Payne - Strip That Down

prézli said:

Although the lyrics contains the word strip, the song itself is more about dancing at a party than an intimate togetherness in a sexy way. 7.5

Clueless said:

This fits but it certainly isn't an outside-of-the-box pick. You could've done better tbh because the sound of this song is not sexy & doesn't really play with this round's image. The image is dark & sexy, and this song is bouncy & light. ― 7

Legend E said:

I don't see how this fits the picture, except for the chorus. Seems a bit rushed to me, sorry Ryan 5

Navyofbadgals said:

Strip That Down is such a braggadocious song, that doesn't really feel like a perfect pick, seeing as it's only the woman in the picture. It's also at a party so :michael: There are definitely parts that fit decently though ― 5.5

Fa1x intelectual

Spoiler

Keith Sweat - One on One

prézli said:

You said the song is about having sex because the picture represents sex. I don't see people having sex in the picture. You overthought it a little bit. 5

Clueless said:

This is a bit much :rip: like you could think of wearing lingerie as always leading to sex but, it doesn't have to always lead to sex 4

Legend E said:

I personally don't think this is overtaught as the other judges say. The sound is kinda sexy and I think it fits the theme. 8

Navyofbadgals said:

The title kinda gives away why this isn't a perfect pick.. I feel like you overthought this one a bit and went with the 'sex' route right away.. which is not per se bad, cause the picture does evoke sex.. but it's a lot classier than this and it feels more like the stage of foreplay to me :michael: ― 5

Selenurr

Spoiler

Miguel - Use Me

prézli said:

Here we go again. Again, the song is about making love. The line "Use me, I'm gonna give you control" partly refers to the woman, but the picture is not the main focus of the song. 6

Clueless said:

I like how this is rock-ish. And even the pic in the video shows a girl wearing lingerie :rip: 8

Legend E said:

I think this focuses a bit too much on the male rather than the woman. Sounds good sonically. 6.5

Navyofbadgals said:

a decent pick, but the song feels like it should play moments after this picture.. not during the act in the picture. It captures the black/white tone for me quite nicely though! ― 7

Fruity

Spoiler

The Weeknd - Love in the Sky

prézli said:

The Weeknd is such a horny singer. I think your description helped on the entry and you understood that the picture is not obligatorily about **** as you wrote. 9

Clueless said:

This SOUNDS like lingerie. Abel loves his falsetto :rip: 9.5

Legend E said:

Good entry, I'm guessing the song is longer, right? Anyway, it fits the theme 8.5

Navyofbadgals said:

the teasing part definitely comes back in both the picture and the song.. I feel you picked a great song, even though it's lyrically not always a right fit.. but sonically it's one of the best fits, if not the best fit of this round. ― 9

Bloomers

Spoiler

Justin Timberlake - Pose (feat. Snoop Dogg)

prézli said:

The picture is like a screen capture straight from the music video of JT's Tunnel Vision, even though the track itself doesn't really fit the picture. Pose seems decent, not the best, but still good. 8.5

Clueless said:

This is a bit bouncier, and brighter than I would've picked. But then again, it fits the whole ~photo~ vibe. 8

Legend E said:

My favourite entry so far because I think it gives the picture a whole other "story" than the other entries. 10

Navyofbadgals said:

Yeah I like this. I feel like the picture is still at foreplay.. Pose feels like it's doing just that. I also feel like it's one of the few songs in this round that really fit the fact that it's just a woman in the picture. Nice pick! ― 10

K$Ellie

Spoiler

ZAYN - TiO

prézli said:

"I just wanna watch you when you take it off" Oh, yes, sis, that's what the picture is about. However, the verses don't fit it as well as the chorus does. Nearly perfect. 9.5

Clueless said:

Zayn had TiO & PILLOWTALK as perfect selections for this round 8.5

Legend E said:

I can see some rare, unexploited writer qualities in your entry  :alexz: 9

Navyofbadgals said:

the description :deadbanana: But this is a very nice pick though (and a ****ing bop btw).. I feel like the chorus are a bit more fitting than the verses, but certainly a good pick. ― 9

Diarrhoea

Spoiler

The Weeknd - The Party & the After Party

prézli said:

"I understand your body wants it / I know your thoughts" Perfect. You nailed it! 10

Clueless said:

Abel slaying this game :ahh:. This fits well, just like the other Weeknd songs this round 8

Legend E said:

Sounds sexy to me. Congrats! 8.5

Navyofbadgals said:

The party fits this perfectly.. The afterparty a little less, but still a great pick! ― 9.5

Lukey

Spoiler

Charlie Puth - Attention

prézli said:

This is a quite different view to the other entries. I'm glad that you didn't go with an obvious one. Charlie says in the song that the girl is cruel and only wants attention with her physical condition. The only thing I don't like about it is your write-up that goes against the meaning of the song. Of course, the girl feels confident, but he knows that he's a toy. Black and white colors could refer to an intimate feeling. Good overall.8.5

Clueless said:

Your description SOLD this, really nice miss Luke 9

Legend E said:

Wow! A generic entry from the Sound of #2 stan :fan: I personally don't really find this super related to the picture, but your description kinda saved it. 8

Navyofbadgals said:

I like that you didn't go in the exact same route as the others.. and I feel like the song is a decent match.. but not all the lyrics/themes really fit the picture. Your description definitely helped ― 7.5

mxtthewdelrey

Spoiler

Mr. Blobby - Old MacBlobby Had a Farm

prézli said:

I'm praying for you to come through to the next round. 1

Clueless said:

I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't. 4

Legend E said:

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, **** on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it

P.S. Should have sent this classic 1

Navyofbadgals said:

aoiefjapweo BYE :ahh: This is a horrible fit and it's disgusting to listen to.. but thanks for entertaining me n ― 1

PinkBox

Spoiler

ZAYN - PILLOWTALK

prézli said:

The song talks about having sex and being in a relationship. The picture is about the phrase to get involved to have sex (pre-sex). They're not the same. 5

Clueless said:

Zayn had TiO & PILLOWTALK as perfect selections for this round 8.5

Legend E said:

I agree with what the others said regarding the song being more about being in relationship (and having sex) than the actual lust and desire or passion of sex. Still, a decent entry for me. 7

Navyofbadgals said:

Pillowtalk has always felt like a spiritual and emotional description of sex by Zayn.. and it also feels quite rebellious. That makes it a meh fit for me. Yes the picture evokes sex.. but it feels more like foreplay. Pillowtalk skipped that and is about sex and everything around it. There are definitely some parts in the songs that fit, and I think it's sonically a more-than-decent pick.. but the lyrics definitely let you down on this one. ― 6

PoKiTaurus

Spoiler

The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets

prézli said:

Just because only male artists were allowed, the choice was not necessary to be about a couple and having sex. (Neither of them appears in the picture.) In the lyrics, he wants her to stay in bed with him. I don't understand why you submitted this one when your write-up was on point. 2

Clueless said:

Another entry that kinda went too far with the sex theme. 4

Legend E said:

I also think you went too far with the sex theme 6

Navyofbadgals said:

hmm.. not really the best pick. This song is more like after sex and then again.. with the picture.. nothing has really started yet (except for some flirting). ― 4

fiercE

Spoiler

Jason Mraz - Butterfly

prézli said:

Wow, a sexy song from Jason Mraz. "Eskimo your nose real close to mine". What? It was kind of weird, he shouldn't do it once again. Anyway, I like the idea that he uses butterfly as a metaphor and the song is all about the woman. Nice entry. 8

Clueless said:

Sexy without being tew much. Kinda perfect. 10

Legend E said:

I wish this was slightly more sexually passionate, but I like the uniqueness of the entry 8

Navyofbadgals said:

the last thing I was expecting out of this round was to have a Jason Mraz song that would fit this picture :deadbanana: This fits almost perfectly.. I feel like the color/tone of the picture isn't captured perfectly in the song.. but other than that great pick! ― 9

Satan

Spoiler

Miguel - FLESH

prézli said:

Miguel is keen on the woman being in front of him. A great entry. 10

Clueless said:

Peeeeerfect, my second favorite entry this round. 10

Legend E said:

A consensus this time! Nothing to add, I agree that you entry is perfect and that I should play Miguel more often :fan: 10

Navyofbadgals said:

this might just be my favorite pick of this round. You captured the picture perfectly with this song (and it also helps that this is an amazing song) ― 10

LEMONADE

Spoiler

James Arthur - Naked

prézli said:

When I read its lyrics, I wasn't sure what you meant with your entry, but I read your explantation and I think you're right. But the song still sounds like a break-up song. 5.5

Clueless said:

I don't know why but, this sounds more wedding-ish to me. Your description KINDA makes it make more sense..? 6

Legend E said:

Oh, the homophobe :eli: I like the risk you took with the entry and that you saw "behind" the picture. I like this entry! 8

Navyofbadgals said:

I like the risky/different approach you took.. but it's not the best fit lyrically and sonically. Without a description I feel like I would've given it lower.. but I like your description of it and I think it's a good way to go around it.. but it still doesn't make it a perfect fit. ― 5.5

Tom Vercetti

Spoiler

Depeche Mode - Dressed in Black

prézli said:

I don't think an explantation was needed because the song speaks for itself. Awesome. 10

Clueless said:

A perfect choice, didn't even need the explanation :rip:. I'll be surprised if you don't win this game in the end. 10

Legend E said:

I was really thinking if someone was gonna send Depeche Mode! Nice entry! 10

Navyofbadgals said:

flawless pick ― 10

Speezy

Spoiler

Kevin Gates - Strokin

prézli said:

Another unusual entry. I didn't think of what you did at all which is good, but there are some things that don't seem to fit. The picture has a way more romantic vibe than a one night stand and he truly ruins it with a lot of explicit words. 6.5

Clueless said:

Your description sold it. I probably would've given like a 2 without it :rip: 7

Legend E said:

Eat the dck with a lot of spit tho. Talent only! 6.5

Navyofbadgals said:

a unique approach.. but am not sure if I really 100% buy it. It's still a decent fit.. but am not crazy about this ― 6

The scoreboard is coming in a new post!

@thecptz @Xedretinz Lododnz @Queen Conchita @MusicLoverDude @Fa1x intelectual @Selenurr @Fruity @Bloomers @K$Ellie @Diarrhoea @Lukey @mxtthewdelrey @PinkBox @PoKiTaurus @fiercE @Satan @LEMONADE @Tom Vercetti @Speezy @Kylie Jenner @Loyalty

Lp0uPV4x_o.png

olr2no0r_o.png

#LINGERIE

lpi4LhsA_o.png

ELIMINATED IN 21ST PLACE

AVG SCORE: 1.75

Y3aFDnI.gif

mxtthewdelrey

Since this round is a double elimination and you got the lowest average score from the judges, we're waving goodbye to you. The judges didn't like your song choice at all, but you managed to have an average 1.75. Hopefully, you'll be back in the comeback round with a less messy entry.

Lp0uPV4x_o.png

olr2no0r_o.png

#LINGERIE

lpi4LhsA_o.png

THE WINNER

AVG SCORE: 10

2jYn8pb.gif

jaLaa1P.gif

Satan

Tom Vercetti

Congratulations, guys! You both amazed the judges and finished in 1st place. You decide together which one contestant in the danger zone will leave the game. You have 24 hours from now on to send me a name.

IN THE DANGER ZONE

ZjVf8gf.gif

NAZsBVES_o.gif

Muffy_S17.thumb.png.b04972e60744e8b8eec3

s5fZSY8.gif 

PoKiTaurus

AVG SCORE: 4

Fa1x intelectual

AVG SCORE: 5.5

MusicLoverDude

AVG SCORE: 6.25

LEMONADE

AVG SCORE: 6.25

Unfortunately, you four got the three lowest average scores (excluding mxtthewdelrey) from the judges. The winners now decide which one of you will be eliminated.

THE SCOREBOARD

1. Satan ― 10

1. Tom Vercetti ― 10

3. Bloomers ― 9.125

4. Diarrhoea ― 9

4. Fruity ― 9

4. K$Ellie ― 9

4. Kylie Jenner ― 9

8. fiercE ― 8.75

9. thecptz ― 8.625

10. Lukey ― 8.25

11.  Loyalty ― 8.125

11.  Xedretinz Lododnz ― 8.125

13. Queen Conchita ― 7

14. Selenurr ― 6.875

15. PinkBox ― 6.625

16. Speezy ― 6.5

17. Lemonade ― 6.25

17. MusicLoverDude ― 6.25

19. Fa1x intelectual ― 5.5

20. PoKiTaurus  ― 4

21. mxtthewdelrey ― 1.75

@thecptz @Xedretinz Lododnz @Queen Conchita @MusicLoverDude @Fa1x intelectual @Selenurr @Fruity @Bloomers @K$Ellie @Diarrhoea @Lukey @mxtthewdelrey @PinkBox @PoKiTaurus @fiercE @Satan @LEMONADE @Tom Vercetti @Speezy @Kylie Jenner @Loyalty

Just now, mxtthewdelrey said:

Tragic. I was the only person who served uniqueness, and I justified it with a wonderful description

9oOOrkL.gif

dddd bye sis!

9oOOrkL.gif

oh wow not Blobby getting Matty eliminated :'( 

Top 10 first week is great for me! :)

about the description for my song, I totally agree! I was actually thinking about that yesterday... But I've only listened to the song once and that was when it was first released so :skull: 

Just now, Kylie Jenner said:

I'm sad too because @Lukey isn't in it :'( 

LEAVE ME ALONE.

Im about to be eliminated in the song contest, so dont be thinking you can bully me here too

Oh wow I slayed :gaycat3:

Edited by K$Ellie

Omg i won, with legend Vercetti :date: 

___

"The judges didn’t like your song choice at all,"

I'm sorry I love Mathew but this sent me :toofunny3: 

but :'(