FINALE (pg. 53) | A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words ?

prézli

3 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Not today, will try tomorrow xox

15n6fzn.gif

Inb4 you surprise release your scores just like Kelly surprised released Meaning of Life

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prézli

• Lukey

• Satan

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Not today, will try tomorrow xox

15n6fzn.gif 

Inb4 you send in at 4AM.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, prézli said:

15n6fzn.gif 

Inb4 you send in at 4AM.

Well, I probably will :fan:

1 hour ago, RandomName said:

Hi! I'm surprised Dear Mr President didn't get sent. :chick3:

Same. :shakeno: 

• ATRL Moderator

Sent. My comments are terrible tho, but I did my best. Will try to save more time for this next time, but I had a few hectic weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Sent. My comments are terrible tho, but I did my best. Will try to save more time for this next time, but I had a few hectic weeks. 

:hug:

3 hours ago, Legend E said:

I’ll pray for you 

8 hours ago, Legend E said:

Sent. My comments are terrible tho,

True

YsTLbCV.gif

Spoiler

Luf u

30 minutes ago, prézli said:

Just woke up.

YsTLbCV.gif

lets do this ayeeee

Just now, Lukey said:

lets do this ayeeee

Doing it now. Now inserting the comments to Selenurr's entry. :fan:

Lp0uPV4x_o.png

H0pG0QM8_o.png

#PEOPLE

lpi4LhsA_o.png

thecptz

Spoiler

Lily Allen - Fck You

prézli said:

Fun fact: this is one of my favorite music videos of all time. This is indeed a president diss track, but I don't think it fits a demonstration-themed picture. Not bad, but not great either. ― 7.5

Clueless said:

Okay this is pretty much perfect considering the fact that Lily was talking about Bush with this song :rip: ― 10

Legend E said:

kinda predictable again, but in my opinion it works as it's kind of a "history repeats itself" moment ― 9

Navyofbadgals said:

Hmm **** You is quite a good choice. I wouldn't say it's a perfect fit tho. There's a certain passive-aggressiveness in the song, that can't really be found in the picture. That said.. I do think it's a more-than-decent pick ― 8

Kylie Jenner

Spoiler

YG - FDT (Fck Donald Trump) (feat. Nipsey Hussle)

prézli said:

Any Donald Trump diss track fits the picture, but it matters if the song only talks about him or it does about the nation too. Luckily, yours contains the both, but I prefer Part 2. ― 9

Clueless said:

I mean... :rip: what more could I ask for? This expresses anger, and it feels like a protest song. ― 10

Legend E said:

sure it's a song about a protest and against trump, but it feels kinda...predictable in a way? Like it's not a very out of the box entry imo ― 8

Navyofbadgals said:

nearly a perfect fit ― 9.5

Loyalty

Spoiler

Eminem - The Storm (2017 BET Hip-Hop Awards Cypher Verse)

prézli said:

The last three lines of the song are the best part of it because they fit the picture 100%. Wish the rest was like them. ― 8.5

Clueless said:

Another perfect fit ― 10

Legend E said:

it's kinda the same as Kylie Jenner's entry ― 8

Navyofbadgals said:

Nnn I can't believe that this freestyle was more eventful than his Revival era :deadbanana:   This is a good pick tho.. it gives pretty much all the reasons why Trump is/should be hated.. and while it was awful to listen to because idk eminems delivery lately is SO off.. it's still a perfect fit ― 10

Xedretinz Lododnz

Spoiler

Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley)

prézli said:

The biggest lie in the world that this song is political. When I look at the picture, not a bubblegummy pop song comes to my mind at all. I think the song is more about Trump supporters than Trump himself ("So comfortable, we cannot see the trouble" or "Your rose-colored glasses on"). ― 5

Clueless said:

Mmm. Okay I guess I see why you picked this song, but I don't think that this happy-sounding song necessarily fits the picture. I do see where you were coming from though. ― 6

Legend E said:

The fact that it's an uptempo song that hides these political undertones is exactly what I like about it. Sure, some lyrics are cringe-y but this song is overly hated. It's an okay entry for me ― 8.5

Navyofbadgals said:

I mean it doesn't not fit.. but I wouldn't say it fits the picture either.. CTTR definitely has the political undertones, which link it to ofc the picture.. but CTTR is so much more. CTTR feels like more like an attack on society, than it is on Trump/politics.. furthermore the dancey vibes to it, don't fit with the anger and dissapointment portrayed in the picture. Not a big fan of this pick.. ― 4

Queen Conchita

Spoiler

Le Tigre - I'm with Her

prézli said:

Just because they're against Trump, it doesn't mean that they are with Hillary. ― 2

Clueless said:

:skull: ― 8

Legend E said:

So and so, for me. ― 8

Navyofbadgals said:

This is an awful song.. but a great fit, and a unique take on it too! I like how it 'attacks' trump, but also is somewhat standing with Clinton. Not everything fits perfectly, but I still like this choice (even tho others might disagrih ki) ― 8

MusicLoverDude

Spoiler

P!nk - What About Us

prézli said:

One of the most obvious songs this round. Its message is generic as hell and the song is career-low for P!nk, but I was expecting it to be submitted, so thank you. ― 9

Clueless said:

I absolutely HATE this song but it totally fits the photo. ― 8.5

Legend E said:

For me, it's neither as specific as everyone usually claims, but it fits the picture in a way ― 7.5

Navyofbadgals said:

Not a perfect fit, but certainly a good pick. What About Us really feels like it depicts all the people, and is unlike most others not a direct jab at Trump, but more at the people we see in the picture. It being so generic in its lyricism leaves a lot open to interpretation, but I feel like with  less abstract/generic lyrics, this would’ve been a perfect fit ― 8.5

Fa1x intelectual

Spoiler

Uma Kompton - Fck You, Donald

prézli said:

Another Trump diss track. If in the picture, there had been a caricatured Trump, this would have been amazing because its production sounds so ironic, the lyrical content is nasty as hell. But. I don't hear where the American nation is presented. ― 7.5

Clueless said:

I guess. I think some of y'all just searched for any anti-Trump songs for this round :rip:. You didn't have to go in this direction. You could've just picked a song that expressed anger or frustration in general. It didn't have to just be an anti-Trump song specifically. ― 4

Legend E said:

predictable ― 8

Navyofbadgals said:

What I really miss in this song is the representation of the people. I can see how it fits this picture, I just wouldn’t say it’s the perfect song. ― 7.5

Selenurr

Spoiler

Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us

prézli said:

A very interesting choice, I would say that this is the most interesting one this round, and luckily, it works well. I feel his anger and I can imagine it being played during a demonstration. Well done. ― 9.5

Clueless said:

YESSSSS. My favorite submission this round. ― 10

Legend E said:

Yes, glad it's not just a song against Trump and it fits more contexts ― 10

Navyofbadgals said:

I ****ing love this choice, and I ****ing love you for choosing it. It’s not dead on, but it fits perfectly and is one of the most, if not the most interesting song choice of this round. You can feel the anger, you see the people being represented, and even tho it’s not a jab at Trump, it so easily could’ve been that. ― 10

Fruity

Spoiler

Logic - America (feat. Black Thought, Chuck D, Big Lenbo & No I.D.)

prézli said:

I'm glad you decided not to write anything about it because you were confident enough. It totally paid off. ― 10

Clueless said:

Second best selection this round. ― 10

Legend E said:

Really good choice ― 10

Navyofbadgals said:

best fit of the round ― 10

Bloomers

Spoiler

Pete Seeger - This Land Is Your Land

prézli said:

Your write-up totally helped because without it, I thought it's just a presentation of America. ― 8

Clueless said:

Omg, I had a test today in my Music class and this was on it :rip: Nice pick! ― 9

Legend E said:

Powerful choice overall and I can see this being sung at protests and stuff ― 9

Navyofbadgals said:

not a song I expected.. your description definitely works. It represent the people well, and ofc their hope for better things. I definitely miss the anger/agression/disappointment in this, but I like the unique approach ― 8

Diarrhoea

Spoiler

M.I.A. - Borders

prézli said:

Sonically, this is one of the strongest entries of the round. Lyrically, I think it's rather about immigrants than the American problems. ― 8.5

Clueless said:

This was a really smart choice. ― 10

Legend E said:

Political queen! I think this fits pretty well ― 9

Navyofbadgals said:

I really like this. It feels more like M.I.A. wants to say something about the political climate between the ‘people’.. That said, sonically a great fit, and lyrically a decent fit. ― 8.5

Lukey

Spoiler

Andra Day - Rise Up

prézli said:

This song is way more melancholic as it should be and its message is generic. I like that you're always figurative, but I think this song could fit any other picture that depicts a riot or war. ― 7

Clueless said:

The people in the image are "rising up" so I understand this selection. Nice ― 8

Legend E said:

I agrih with Fatgals, we didn't need an empowerment anthem ― 7.5

Navyofbadgals said:

This has the same problems as What About Us.. only more now. It’s way too generic and feels more like an empowerment anthem.. than an anthem of anger and upset (that would’ve fit the picture). It definitely fits.. but it’s too safe of a choice cause it feels like this could fit so much more picture. ― 6

PinkBox

Spoiler

YG - FDT Part 2 (feat. G-Eazy & Macklemore)

prézli said:

I prefer this version over Part 1 because it rather talks about what is wrong in America and why he is bad for America. ― 9.5

Clueless said:

Snatch a bit. ― 10

Legend E said:

This fits better than part I in my opinion too ― 8.5

Navyofbadgals said:

I'm surprised everyone wanted pt.I, because pt. II is imo a better fit. It represents the picture perfectly, and it doesn't feel like a warning to not let him win (like pt. I) but more like.. well more like the picture. (Pt. I is a better song tho but that's besides the point ki) ― 10

fiercE

Spoiler

Ádám Szabó - Together

prézli said:

I'm mad at you, fiercE because your first choice was excellent and then you switched to a song by my flop country's artist. It's similar to Lukey's entry because it's generic. I don't find it special. ― 6

Clueless said:

This is kinda Fight Song'd but I get where you were going with this selection. ― 7.5

Legend E said:

not an A Dal entry :skull: Seems generic to me too and not very political either ― 7

Navyofbadgals said:

Honestly.. your description didn’t work in your favor at all. ‘’Technically it fits a little bit’’ isn’t really a good way to sell it.. even if you know your song isn’t a perfect fit, always sell it like it is. I feel the same way about this song as I felt about the song of Lukey.. ― 6

Satan

Spoiler

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name

prézli said:

Isn't this song about wars? It talks about death, that's why I'm asking. It's a bit too much, to be honest. ― 6.5

Clueless said:

KINDA left-field but I get it. ― 8

Legend E said:

I like that you focused on the police brutality out of all the issues in America now. Nice entry! ― 9

Navyofbadgals said:

a risky song, and a decent amount overlaps with the Trump situation.. but more of this song doesn’t overlap at all. The anger of the picture is well-captured and ‘saves’you ― 7

LEMONADE

Spoiler

Kanye West - New Slaves

prézli said:

Fun fact #2: In my country, everyone hates this song because it samples a very popular Hungarian song and its rights were stolen by Kanye and its songwriter is now suing him. :fan: Anyway, this song is about corruption that the Trump family doesn't do because they're richer than the half of America, but the bridge ("You see it's leaders and it's followers/But I'd rather be a dick than a swallower") is so on point. Good entry. ― 8.5

Clueless said:

This is the song that I had in mind when I first saw the image :rip:. New Slaves & DNA. ― 10

Legend E said:

Good entry, in my opinion ― 9

Navyofbadgals said:

like this.. not everything fits.. but some lines fit so perfectly that they make up for the rest. ― 9

Tom Vercetti

Spoiler

A Tribe Called Quest - We the People....

prézli said:

I don't know how you found this track, but I hope you don't listen to it often because it's totally awful. It's about the problems in America which is a great fit. I wish the song was more political, though. ― 9

Clueless said:

I personally love the song/album & I like this choice. ― 10

Legend E said:

I like this "power of people against the system" theme. Fits pretty well ― 9

Navyofbadgals said:

Omg pls don’t listen to Pretzel :biblio: this song goes OFF, one of my favorites of 2016/the album. It’s a perfect fit from me, beginning with already a title that fits so well with the picture. ― 10

Speezy

Spoiler

Big Sean - I Don't Fck with You (feat. E-40)

prézli said:

I have no idea why you sent this because he talks about his ex. ― 1

Clueless said:

Ok, your description helps this entry. I just don't know if the problem is that we "don't **** with" Trump :rip: ― 5

Legend E said:

gorl ― 1

Navyofbadgals said:

you went with quite a risky entrih again, and I do admire that.. but this just doesn’t fit, ― 1

The scoreboard is coming in a new post!

@thecptz @Xedretinz Lododnz @Queen Conchita @MusicLoverDude @Fa1x intelectual @Selenurr @Fruity @Bloomers @Diarrhoea @Lukey @PinkBox @fiercE @Satan @LEMONADE @Tom Vercetti @Speezy @Kylie Jenner @Loyalty

Lp0uPV4x_o.png

H0pG0QM8_o.png

#PEOPLE

lpi4LhsA_o.png

ELIMINATED IN 18TH PLACE

AVG SCORE: 2

5OMLanu.gif

Speezy

I'm sorry, Speezy, but this is the end for you. Thank you for being in here, I hope you enjoyed the tournament and we'll see you in the comeback round soon.

Lp0uPV4x_o.png

H0pG0QM8_o.png

#PEOPLE

lpi4LhsA_o.png

THE WINNER

AVG SCORE: 10

ivcf4yZ.gif

Fruity

Congratulations, Fruity! With a perfect score, you are the winner of the second round. You have 24 hours from now on to send me a name which one contestant in the danger zone will have to leave the tournament. As said before, you'll have an advantage in the next round's task, I'll PM you what that is.

IN THE DANGER ZONE

8TOxpOc.png

27y0qdw.gif

103sjus.jpg

Xedretinz Lododnz

AVG SCORE: 5.875

Queen Conchita

AVG SCORE: 6.5

fiercE

AVG SCORE: 6.625

Unfortunately, you got the three lowest average scores (excluding Speezy) from the judges. The winner now decides which one of you will be eliminated.

THE SCOREBOARD

1. Fruity― 10

2. Selenurr ― 9.875

4. PinkBox ― 9.5

4. Tom Vercetti ― 9.5

7. Kylie Jenner ― 9.125

7. LEMONADE― 9.125

7. Loyalty― 9.125

8. Diarrhoea ― 9

9. thecptz ― 8.625

10. Bloomers ― 8.5

11. MusicLoverDude ― 8.375

12. Satan ― 7.625

13. Lukey ― 7.125

14. Fa1x intelectual ― 6.75

15. fiercE ― 6.625

16. Queen Conchita ― 6.5

17. Xedretinz Lododnz ― 5.875

18. Speezy ― 2

@thecptz @Xedretinz Lododnz @Queen Conchita @MusicLoverDude @Fa1x intelectual @Selenurr @Fruity @Bloomers @Diarrhoea @Lukey @PinkBox @fiercE @Satan @LEMONADE @Tom Vercetti @Speezy @Kylie Jenner @Loyalty

Wait.. so this game is about finding a song to fit the picture.... but I got docked points for predictability?

nnnn bye. :jonny: