Lady Gaga | Receipts | Just Dance 11x Platinum in the US

Summer Boy

How much is BTW (album) averaging on Spotify per month? Can it reach 1b next year?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Summer Boy

• Cryptique

• chosensparkles

• vince_martin88

17 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

How much is BTW (album) averaging on Spotify per month? Can it reach 1b next year?

About 16-17M per month. It's gonna be a while...

38 minutes ago, Rusty said:

About 16-17M per month. It's gonna be a while...

So, like aprox 10 months? :rip: 

We need that JFK part in Government Hooker to go viral 

1 hour ago, TheLastChord said:

1B in its 10th anniversary will be amazing coincidence :duca:

JohnWayneHolland
20 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

Maybe Bloody Mary can go viral for Halloween :wap: 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, Monster Megamind said:

Chromatica needs 1 more hit single 

Sour Candy is Coming

2 hours ago, GuusLima said:

:gaygacat2:

Rain On Me looks so good with that Diamond cert! :heart2:

--

Updated the Chromatica era, will update everything tomorrow! 

somebody message Interscope, UMG to certify ASIB Era in Brazil.. i hate their lazy asses

also, Pro-Musica website still hasn updated the certs for Joanne and Million Reasons

Lady Gaga album certifications in Brazil:

The Fame/The Fame Monster: 2xPlatinum
The Remix: Platinum
Born This Way: 2xPlatinum
Artpop: Platinum
Cheek to Cheek: Platinum
Joanne: Platinum
Chromatica: Platinum

:johnald:

:wap:

1 minute ago, Summer Boy said:

Chromatica is now Gold in France for selling over 50k units there. :clap3:

Make a thread with the receipts 

58 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Make a thread with the receipts 

Too lazy for that, but here's the source if you want to do it sis http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Lady-GaGa/news-115259.html

"Selon le label Polydor, l'album a été certifié disque d'or en France pour plus de 50.000 ventes, dont plus de 31.000 au niveau physique et digital."

@Summer Boy can you edit the OP to reflect these numbers?

- ASIB: 7.5M SPS WW (as of January 2020)

- ASIB: 2.7M SPS US (as of September 2020)

- Gaga has 32B career streams (as of April 2020)

- ARTPOP: 1.5M SPS US (as of May 2020)

- Joanne: 1.3M SPS US (as of May 2020)

- Shallow: 5M SPS US (as of May 2020)

Also maybe add me to the contributors section? ?

Lady Gaga: US SPS

The Fame: 9.35M (Billboard) / 6M (RIAA)

The Fame Monster: 1.65M (Billboard) / 5M (RIAA)

Born This Way: 4M

ARTPOP: 1.5M

Cheek to Cheek: 800K

Joanne: 1.3M

A Star Is Born: 2.7M

Chromatica: 725K

The Fame/The Fame Monster units are weird because BB includes all SEA and TEA for both into The Fame (meaning The Fame Monster's units there are just from the pure sales of the The Fame Monster 8 track album) but the RIAA separates them into their respective album, so it just depends how you wanna look at it.

6 hours ago, Pop Art said:

Lady Gaga: US SPS

The Fame: 9.35M (Billboard) / 6M (RIAA)

The Fame Monster: 1.65M (Billboard) / 5M (RIAA)

Born This Way: 4M

ARTPOP: 1.5M

Cheek to Cheek: 800K

Joanne: 1.3M

A Star Is Born: 2.7M

Chromatica: 725K

The Fame/The Fame Monster units are weird because BB includes all SEA and TEA for both into The Fame (meaning The Fame Monster's units there are just from the pure sales of the The Fame Monster 8 track album) but the RIAA separates them into their respective album, so it just depends how you wanna look at it.

9.35M is very low in Nielsen/BB Units.. twas at 8.8M pre-Superbowl so i think it's at least 9.8M but most probably crossed the 10M already..

i mean from the certs of the singles

Just Dance - 9M

Poker Face - 10M

LoveGame - 3M

Paparazzi - 5M

Other TF Songs - 2.5M

Bad Romance - 11M

Telephone - 5M

Alejandro - 4M

Other TFM Songs - 1M

Total: 50.5M or 5.05M Album Units

With 4.9M Pure Sales, this will give us 9.95M Units for TF accdg to BB/Nielsen methodology from the certified songs alone

Edited by Cryptique

10 hours ago, Cryptique said:

9.35M is very low in Nielsen/BB Units.. twas at 8.8M pre-Superbowl so i think it's at least 9.8M but most probably crossed the 10M already..

i mean from the certs of the singles

Just Dance - 9M

Poker Face - 10M

LoveGame - 3M

Paparazzi - 5M

Other TF Songs - 2.5M

Bad Romance - 11M

Telephone - 5M

Alejandro - 4M

Other TFM Songs - 1M

Total: 50.5M or 5.05M Album Units

With 4.9M Pure Sales, this will give us 9.95M Units for TF accdg to BB/Nielsen methodology from the certified songs alone

I see what you're saying, but let me explain my math.

We know that as of March 2020, The Fame is at 6M and The Fame Monster 5M per the RIAA. We also know that as of March 2019, The Fame Monster sold 1.65M pure. So using these numbers and knowing that all SEA and TEA for The Fame Monster is going to The Fame using Billboard's methodology,  all you have to do is subtract 1.65M (The Fame Monster pure sales as of March 2019) from 5M (The Fame Monster RIAA SPS as of March 2020) to get The Fame Monster's SEA + TEA and then add that number to The Fame's RIAA SPS:

5M - 1.65M = 3.35M

6M + 3.35M = 9.35M

There is of course an issue with the fact that we're using data from literally a year apart to come up with this, but since pure sales are so dead, I highly doubt it would lead to THAT much of a difference. But even then, such a difference would lead to a lower end number for The Fame, not a higher one.

I see what you're trying to do, but that route is only good to use when we don't really know the total for the whole album like we do here. (Plus, there's always been question over Bad Romance's certification, it very well may include WW streams so I definitely wouldn't use that to calculate these things. :skull:At the end of the day, that method leads to pure guesswork over the remaining tracks we don't have data for, whereas the one I'm using doesn't. I'm assuming the 8.8M pre-Super Bowl figure you mentioned was come up with using that same method you're using, so it's very likely that was a bit higher than it really was just like how you're now getting a higher figure than I am. Trust me, I wish it was 9.95M instead of 9.35M, but the data supports the latter rather than the former. :katie: In fact I'm very confident about all the numbers I posted (since we have sources for most of the remaining ones) except for Cheek to Cheek, that one was pure guesswork on my end since all we really know is its pure sales as of February last year. :katie: I would say it could be as high as 850K maybe, but I always rather be conservative and then be pleasantly surprised I lowballed it than the other way around.

1 hour ago, AM98GJ said:

C2C is never going to go platinum :toofunny3:

It could if instead of making C3C, they just made a deluxe C2C. Now that's an idea, instead of making a brand new jazz album (which would very likely not do nearly as well since the novelty of their pairing has worn off and pure sales are WAY more dead now than in 2014), just add the new recordings to a deluxe edition of the Grammy winning #1 album.

Or if they really wanted to do an entire new album's worth of material, they could re-release it with a second disk, which would be even better because the RIAA counts double albums twice. As in, one sale of a double album is viewed as two album sales for that album by them.

20 hours ago, Pop Art said:

@Summer Boy can you edit the OP to reflect these numbers?

- ASIB: 7.5M SPS WW (as of January 2020)

- ASIB: 2.7M SPS US (as of September 2020)

- Gaga has 32B career streams (as of April 2020)

- ARTPOP: 1.5M SPS US (as of May 2020)

- Joanne: 1.3M SPS US (as of May 2020)

- Shallow: 5M SPS US (as of May 2020)

Also maybe add me to the contributors section? ?

Hey,

These numbers don't include YouTube right (Shallow and ASIB) ? Also for albums I'm using pure sales and CSPC, so I'm waiting for the Gaga update. But I updated the OP with the numbers for ARTPOP, Joanne, ASIB and the career streams. Thank you and yeah sure, I just added you to the contributors section! 

Edited by Summer Boy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.