The Fame is the best selling non-10s album this decade

Cryptique

26 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Funnily enough, all the threads being posted today are Gaga specific. As I have literally nothing to do at work and am spending my time on ATRL, shockingly I'm posting in those threads... But thanks so much for paying me attention. :fan:

Lol honestly it’s just pretty funny that you come in here with your need to school us all on all this “inaccurate” facts or whatever. You harp on every single technicality in every single thread but suddenly when a technicality benefits Gaga it’s wrong and should not be counted? As Nigella sis has mentioned above, My World was also released in the same way the repackage was but somehow your problem doesn’t lie there. You are transparent and shallow, and coming into Gaga thread and talk about how her achievements aren’t achievements won’t get you or your fave anywhere. In any case, she still has the highest selling catalog album this century and a 100m Vegas check to be cashed while you continue taking breaks at work typing out garbage about how she’s somehow the failure here. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• Lovett

• Cloröx

• DELE2125

2 minutes ago, Optimus said:

At least Gaga has a classic album. Some girls can't relate. A true legend :clap3:

glad my fave isn't one of these girls :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

The Fame is already 18months old in the 1st quarter of 2010.. it hasn't fallen below no.100 tho (that being said, you can also said the same to albums skyrocketing above 100 during album release, rerelease (JB) and death (MJs, Prince)) :cm:

wrong TITLE :)

You know that the majority of TF(M) sales come from the The Fame (Monster) package + The Monster EP right?:skull: Literally nobody was buying the original The Fame standalone album after Bad Romance. :skull:  

Just now, anklebiterrs said:

Lol honestly it’s just pretty funny that you come in here with your need to school us all on all this “inaccurate” facts or whatever. You harp on every single technicality in every single thread but suddenly when a technicality benefits Gaga it’s wrong and should not be counted? As Nigella sis has mentioned above, My World was also released in the same way the repackage was but somehow your problem doesn’t lie there. You are transparent and shallow, and coming into Gaga thread and talk about how her achievements aren’t achievements won’t get you or your fave anywhere. In any case, she still has the highest selling catalog album this century and a 100m Vegas check to be cashed while you continue taking breaks at work typing out garbage about how she’s somehow the failure here. 

I'm sorry, but you can keep your rant. I said nothing of technicalities, I was just simply discussing the re-release of The Fame being responsible for the majority of these 'catalogue' sales. I didn't focus on anyone else, because the title focused on her. I didn't scan the list to see who else I could refer to. Stop whining and being abrasive, simply because I queried the label of this thread. Jeez. Drama.

12 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Her debut album selling more than her last 2 albums combined this decade is very impressive! :clap3: 

A classic album. I wonder if your fave will ever get one. Or will ever be talented enough to write one herself without 50 other men doing it for her. 

1 minute ago, istan4badgalriri said:

glad my fave isn't one of these girls :clap3: 

So you dont want your fave to have an album that will keep selling 10 years after its release? I'm sure that you are glad that your fave isnt one of those girls with classic albums. :cm:

-

Gaga- Taylor- Adele- only legends :clap3:

Just now, Tutankhamun said:

You know that the majority of TF(M) sales come from the The Fame (Monster) package + The Monster EP right?:skull: Literally nobody was buying the original The Fame standalone album after Bad Romance. :skull:  

ikr.. i myself find it so irritating that TF & TFM are sometimes that annoying to explain and analyze.. how i wish it was sold separately or just bundled together not as one sale per transaction with both body of work.

but just because it was repackaged doesn't mean sales don't count to the original album.. BB considered TFM  (Deluxe) sales for The Fame for a reason :) , it contained the original album so it must count towards the original album.. :)

but since the thread title is taken out of context, which is unfair since MJs, Prince, JBs, Taylor's, Adele's albums also skyrocketed above 100 or even top10 during certain events.. lemme edit it for everybody's peace of mind :)

42 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Funnily enough, all the threads being posted today are Gaga specific. As I have literally nothing to do at work and am spending my time on ATRL, shockingly I'm posting in those threads... But thanks so much for paying me attention. :fan:

That must be some good job n

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

A classic album. I wonder if your fave will ever get one. Or will ever be talented enough to write one herself without 50 other men doing it for her. 

:rip: 

Just now, Dante™ said:

That must be some good job n

It is, just nobody is in the building today. So instead I'm getting paid very well to sit on ATRL all day. :rip: I've had one call in 6 hours and I ignored it, because my computer hadn't turned on yet. The DREAM.

5 minutes ago, Optimus said:

So you dont want your fave to have an album that will keep selling 10 years after its release? I'm sure that you are glad that your fave isnt one of those girls with classic albums. :cm:

I think maybe you should read my reply again... you said "some girls can't relate", I replied "glad my fave isn't one of these girls".... meaning glad my fave isn't one of these girls who don't have a classic album... considering she has Good Girl Gone Bad (currently getting 7M streams every week on Spotify more than 10 years after its release and expected to reach 1B next year) @Badgalbriel

MrLovett

Edited by istan4badgalriri

But ATRL keeps telling me

We love a classic album, the biggest debut album ever :clap3::clap3::heart2:

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

It is, just nobody is in the building today. So instead I'm getting paid very well to sit on ATRL all day. :rip: I've had one call in 6 hours and I ignored it, because my computer hadn't turned on yet. The DREAM.

I feel you, is the same for me, these days my workplace is absolutly empty and nothing to do, it will probably be like that for the next couple of days because of the holidays.

title changed... :fan:

we love a winning LEGEND.

the legendary Lady VeGAGAs. :fan:

8 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

ikr.. i myself find it so irritating that TF & TFM are sometimes that annoying to explain and analyze.. how i wish it was sold separately or just bundled together not as one sale per transaction with both body of work.

but just because it was repackaged doesn't mean sales don't count to the original album.. BB considered TFM  (Deluxe) sales for The Fame for a reason :) , it contained the original album so it must count towards the original album.. :)

but since the thread title is taken out of context, which is unfair since MJs, Prince, JBs, Taylor's, Adele's albums also skyrocketed above 100 or even top10 during certain events.. lemme edit it for everybody's peace of mind :)

It's not as complicated as you think

1. The Fame (standalone)  2008

2. The Fame (Monster) Package  2009

3. The Fame Monster EP 2009

Billboard counts 1+2 together as The Fame's total sales while the Monster EP is separate. Everyone was buying the 2-CD package after the releases of Bad Romance and Telephone. There was almost no point in buying the standalone TF album unless you're hardcore stan who wants to collect all her covers. And of course I've purchased the original TF back in summer 2008 and then Monster EP in 2009. Ooooo an original Gaga stan. :gaycat2:

Edited by Tutankhamun

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

I think maybe you should read my reply again... you said "some girls can't relate", I replied "glad my fave isn't one of these girls".... meaning glad my fave isn't one of these girls who don't have a classic album... considering she has Good Girl Gone Bad (currently getting 7M streams every week on Spotify more than 10 years after its release and expected to reach 1B next year) @Badgalbriel

MrLovett

it's ok sis, i don't actually beleive what i said, i just like messing with you cause you get all meltdown-mode

12 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

My fave's classic album GGGB has amazing catalog streams which means her classics are crossing over to the new generation. 

Image result for thank you whitney gif

Edited by Tutankhamun

8 minutes ago, Tutankhamun said:

Billboard counts 1+2 together as The Fame's total sales while the Monster EP is separate. Everyone was buying the 2-CD package after the release Bad Romance and Telephone. There was almost no point in buying the standalone TF album unless you're hardcore stan who wants to collect all her covers. And of course I've purchased the original TF back in summer 2008 and then Monster EP in 2009. Ooooo an original Gaga stan. :gaycat2:

but since the package.,, we don't have actual data of the standalone sales (since i'm pretty sure it is still selling even with package)

and some people who bought the package but might actually only planning to buy the stand alone or the EP. . that being said the package sales still deserved to be counted to "The Fame" since it contained the original LP. :cm:

Edited by Cryptique

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

it's ok sis, i don't actually beleive what i said, i just like messing with you cause you get all meltdown-mode

yeah i figured you wouldn't believe what you said no more

MrLovett

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamun said:

Billboard counts 1+2 together as The Fame's total sales while the Monster EP is separate. Everyone was buying the 2-CD package after the releases of Bad Romance and Telephone. There was almost no point in buying the standalone TF album unless you're hardcore stan who wants to collect all her covers. And of course I've purchased the original TF back in summer 2008 and then Monster EP in 2009. Ooooo an original Gaga stan. :gaycat2:

I own the original The Fame (the one I Like It Rough is the 13th track), and the two versions of The Fame Monster EP (blonde cover/brunette). :gaycat2:

^MESS i type OP when i meant EP and LP there :dies:

i better sleep.. it's almost 1AM here.

What was the original title of this thread?

OT

Yes Gaga, having a classic album, being so talented, versatile, original, edgy. Queen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.