#1 Em 197/265k Tay 93/121k; rep tops 1.8m sales and 2m SPS

Duca

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

My fave is Beyoncé who did 600k SPS 20 years into her career with no effort and promo :sorry: 

Cool. If she can keep it up, she’ll outsell him in 2080 :clap3: 

OT: The music is bad and he’s still pulling 300k ae first week. I’m a hater and even I can’t deny that’s legendary :jonny: 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• Movimento Perpétuo

• Lein

• slw84

17 hours ago, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

The original release date is November 17 though.. Not same with Swift 

Yeah, but she was still gonna block him from that #1 spot and that would have been REALLY embarrassing for him to lose to TS' 2nd week

Edited by frenchyisback

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

My fave is Beyoncé who did 600k SPS 20 years into her career with no effort and promo :sorry: 

In 2010 when she was selling 3 million, he sold 10 million albums :sorry: 

In 2013 he outsold her too :sorry: 

QueenofCopyPaste
7 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Yeah, but she was still gonna block him from that #1 spot and that would have been REALLY embarrassing for him to lose to TS' 2nd week

Well Taylor did 251k..With SPS, Eminem would still be the victor

Just now, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

Well Taylor did 251k..With SPS, Eminem would still be the victor

For his album to do less pure sales on his debut week than Taylor's 2nd week would have been embarrassing.

For his album to not debut #1 would have been embarrassing.

Matter of fact, his debut numbers is still embarrassing despite the fact that he'll be #1.

I am not sure why you're trying to argue the indisputable. If back in January, anybody on atrl would have said Eminem would debuted with less than 400K and would struggle to even keep up with Pink's album.... yall would have laugh us out internet.

240,000 was already seen as a disappointment for Sam Smith.... For Eminem to debut in that range in the depth of the holiday season signals career death. 

QueenofCopyPaste
3 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

For his album to do less pure sales on his debut week than Taylor's 2nd week would have been embarrassing.

Matter of fact, his debut numbers is still embarrassing despite the fact that he'll be #1.

I am not sure why you're trying to argue the indisputable. If back in January, anybody on atrl would have said Eminem would debuted with less than 400K and would struggle to even keep up with Pink's album.... yall would have laugh us out internet.

240,000 was already seen as a disappointment for Sam Smith.... For Eminem to debut in that range in the depth of the holiday season signals career death. 

How is this career death? Everyone's bound to dip in sales at some point. Either way, his legacy in the Rap game is already cemented after 20 years in the game. In the grandest scheme of overall things, he's still one of the best selling rappers.  

That's really terrible :rip:

Didn't think he declined that much. 

1 hour ago, mango said:

This is only first week, let's discuss if he flopped when all is said and done. It's the same with my fave and then everybody acts all surprised when she ends up selling 5 or more million.

Um. P!nk never had huge first weeks.... Eminem had massive first weeks since his 2nd album. 

We will see if River really becomes a hit to keep the album going, but even selling 1 million total seems unlikely at this point

25 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

P!nk and Sam Smith had tour bundles :rip::skull: 

Expected much much more. I guess in the streaming age you really need a hit single to sell your album

17 hours ago, TSLGNMA said:

That’s to be expected tho... You do realize that you are comparing a rapper currently at his peak to a rapper that peaked 15-17 years ago?

I do.

And people were comparing 90s mega superstar Mariah Carey with Beyonce who was child when Mariah Carey was in her prime (whom also repeaked with We Belong Together, but that another story).

It's ATRL.

6 hours ago, Eternium said:

OT: The music is bad and he’s still pulling 300k ae first week. I’m a hater and even I can’t deny that’s legendary :jonny: 

:deadbanana:

7 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Chile:dies:

In any event, the SPS is actually really good but the sales are surprisingly lower than expected

6 hours ago, Eternium said:

:deadbanana4:

7 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

no one gives a **** who your fave is.

7 hours ago, Eternium said:

Holy :ahh: 

Oh wow these numbers are really good. I thought y'all said he would flop? 

Tuhuijvds:jonny5:

DC + Bey's sales are around 250 Million records sold

She's not too far away

CZ4jIRI.jpg 

1 hour ago, ks_dollar said:

no one gives a **** who your fave is.

You clearly do which is why you're so mad :fan: 

OT: Terrible numbers

CZ4jIRI.jpg 

Edited by CaptainMusic

9 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

HBO special + Super Bowl performance are “No Promo” now :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.