OnikaSlays x 2017: It Done Went From Worse to Worser

OnikaSlays

5 minutes ago, MP2K said:

Graphics/theme entertaining af

Already use the bottom 5. I gave bellyache a few spins before I got over it. It's cute

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnikaSlays

• Tsareena

• Tropical

• Pedro

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny2: I use every song you've mentioned omg except louisa ki

giphy.gif

1200x630bb.jpg

Drake - Portland (feat. Quavo & Travis Scott)

I hate to be THAT stan but I hated More Life and Views, and I really want Thank Me Later and Take Care Drake back :doc:. One of the only gems from that “playlist” was this bop and you guys don’t understand how happy I was when I saw him and Travis finally collabed again. My two favorite male rappers :jonny4: Quavo can ****ing choke though. At least this is one song this year he didn’t ruin :clap3:

Edited by OnikaSlays

5 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

:jonny2: I use every song you've mentioned omg except louisa ki

Blasphemy :fish2:

giphy.gif

76d867c25c72fe2ae2acb5c643d5064f.1000x99

Kehlani - Undercover

Invented Latin music btw. Wild Thoughts, Despacito, and Havana we all their success to Kehlani. I don’t know why Kehlani pushed Distraction instead of this. It just doesn’t make any sense to me. This deserved so much better, and could’ve went AT LEAST went top 40 with a good video.

Edited by OnikaSlays

giphy.gif

1200x630bb.jpg

Kacy Hill - Like A Woman

Who knew DJ Mustard could produce such a godly midtempo? My poor wig still hasn’t recovered since this and well the entire album actually. I’m actually upset that this got no year end recognition because Ms. Hill did THAT!

Edited by OnikaSlays

giphy.gif

1200x630bb.jpg

Lady Gaga - The Cure

One of the best things about this year was Gaga lifting up the Joanne hat for 3 seconds and giving the gays everything they want with this BOP. I fell asleep watching Gaga’s Coachella set and woke up to stan twitter losing their mind saying Pop Gaga was back. Gaga literally resurrected on Easter Sunday to save the homosexuals :jonny: This song gives me 90s R&B girl group and I never knew I needed this sound from Gaga so much. 

giphy.gif

1200x630bb.jpg

Mabel - Bedroom

Ok first things first, Mabel SNAPPED. The prechorus, the chorus, the bridge, the visuals :jonny: everything here is perfection. I didn’t like Finders Keepers and much of her mixtape, but it’s fine because this bop was enough to satisfy me.

giphy.gif

1200x630bb.jpg

BLACKPINK - As If It’s Your Last

This is the only thing we’ve gotten from them this year. No I’m not crying, you are. :weeps: K-Pop queens still did THAT though and I hope finally get an ALBUM from them next year. YG does these girls so dirty... ugh

Edited by OnikaSlays

giphy.gif

On %2B Off - Single.jpg

Maggie Rogers - On + Off

Can we talk about the 1-2-3 punch Maggie delivered with these singles? Princess of Alternative had me stanning for Alaska and Dog Years all last year, and she had the audacity to drop another BOP like this. The video is also amazing, I love her so much :heart2:

Edited by OnikaSlays

giphy.gif

600x600bf.jpg

Rico Nasty - Key Lime OG

I wasn't sure I was feeling Rico and her female Lil Uzi Vert/Lil Yachty flows were starting to be a bit much for me. Then she released this and holy ****, I'm officially a stan. Out of all the new rap girls, her and Asian Doll are my favorites. I really hope she blows up in 2018, at least in the hip hop community :duca:

• ATRL Moderator

Undercover - a bop. I feel like it could have been a hit if she promoted :jonny2:  love maggie too.

blackpink is a choice ki

ooh wait rico nasty :flame:

giphy.gif

Astrid-S-Breathe-2017.jpg

Astrid S - Breathe

Why is ATRL sleeping on Zara-lite? I never see much about her on here. Y’all get into her please, the good sis gives quality bops. Breathe is like Into You’s more organic and prettier little sister :eli:

giphy.gif

fifth-harmony-fifth-harmony-clean-versio

Fifth Harmony - He Like That

You know what... I’m just gonna be nice and not even drag the poor girls. Let’s just acknowledge one of the few  bops from that album and move on :clap3:They killed every performance of this song btw

giphy.gif

1200x630bb.jpg

Tove Styrke - Say My Name

Adele who? Send My Love what? Never heard of it. Ok but why does Sweden have the most quality pop girls? Zara, Tove Lo, Tove Styrke, Astrid S, etc. :jonny:

I’ve been flopping at being consistent with this because of school :jonny: hopefully I find time to finish the singles by the end of the week

giphy.gif

00591c08cd3f841e5cde4be2f3e9c583.1000x10

Dirty Projectors - Cool Your Heart (feat. Dawn Richard)

Not really here for the male vocalist (is Dirty Projectors a group or is that one guy? Lol.), but this instrumental goes OFF and Dawn slaughters on everything she touches, so we stan!

I'm so here for "The Cure" stanning. One of her best songs right before she threw in the towel and signed a Vegas deal.

YG9CsdF.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.