Lee's Best of 2017 | Top 225 TV Series: 25-1

Lee!!

On 17/12/2017 at 0:51 AM, Lee!! said:

NlnSyz0.png
131) "Clarence" Cartoon Network

Last Year: 220
Clarence really grew on me this year. What I found annoying and dumb about the show I was able to find endearing this year. Clarence is just a silly kid who gets into silly situations with his friends. The show wasn't renewed for another season so it will be ending next year sadly. It's had some great episodes and I'm gad I grew to enjoy it more before it ended.

The same thing happened to me :cm: sometimes it's really funny.

16 hours ago, Lee!! said:

wJy7xg6.png
84) "Floribama Shore" MTV
I had low expectations with this, having loved Jersey Shore so much since the beginning. The best part about this series is that it doesn't try to copy or emulate Jersey Shore at all. It's just a group of people living together who fight, drink, work and struggle living together. It feels more The Real World at times than Jersey Shore. It's essentially a perfect balance between the two series. While it still doesn't hit the complete highs of Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore, it sure is holding itself just with 5 episodes under its belt. I laugh, I get mad, and love how they don't hold back with the fights. It's pure entertainment. Some of the housemates are amazing, others are annoying. But I wouldn't change a thing right now.

You can't be serious about this :skull: 

On 18/12/2017 at 3:10 AM, Lee!! said:

TDRheGi.png
121) "Turn" AMC

Last Year: 156
Turn had its final run bring the end of the American Revolution to our screens and see how far the characters had all come during the war. We saw a big death that shook everyone, history was fairly held to truth, though there were some liberties which I enjoyed actually. It was fun seeing the slight changes made to a time we all know, but they weren't detrimental to the historical accuracy. I had a blast watching it, even though it was slow at times, but having an end game this year really worked in their favor. It was well done and I'll miss it.

I loved the final season :'( 

On 17/12/2017 at 0:51 AM, Lee!! said:

MrPK0qt.png
135) "Southern & Hungry" Cooking Channel
I freaking love Damaris Phillips. I will watch her on anything. We got to know her during Food Network Star where she came out on top and own her own series. She's since appeared on many other series as cohosts and judging competitions. This one has her with car expert Rutledge Wood as they tour the south finding some of the best food and eateries they have to offer. You can see their passion for the food they eat and talk about. It was a short run, and I hope we get many more episodes. They had a great dynamic and I always left hungry! Buy "Southern Girl Meets Vegetarian Boy: Down Home Classics for Vegetarians (and the Meat Eaters Who Love Them)" on Amazon.

That guy is from the Top Gear? I love him :cm: 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee!!

• Wicked

• Playa Playa

• Maddox

Love Speechless :clap3:

And like you (and everyone) said, Riverdale's first season was good for what it was but I'm not feeling this second one. I still watch it and it gives us dope episodes like "Tales from the Darkside" but I might drop it soon. 

• ATRL Administrator

BIxpHbH.png

The Top 225 TV Series: 75-51

clear.gif

F8gjnoB.png
75) "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." ABC

Last Year: 98
I had mixed feeling about this season of SHIELD. I don't like storylines where the events unfolding don't really matter. Part of last season involved them in the framework, a fake created world where nothing there really has any impact on the real world aside from dying in it. Which someone did. But big picture, it didn't have that many big world effects. And then the current season has them completely away from the world we know. It's cool and different, yet frustrating since once they fix whatever the issue is where they are, they go back to the normal world. But it was good. It was fun. It was interesting. Here's to many more episodes hopefully!

9NA8HCn.png
74) "The Blacklist" NBC

Last Year: 73

The Blacklist is in a groove that I love. The show is fun, exciting, fast paced and always interesting. I love the character Red. This current season, they have him a bit more loose since his whole past network has been upended. He's almost back to square one rebuilding, and he has the best humor on the show. The cases of the week are always fascinating. They always have a fun twist. After the events of the midseason finale, the direction of the show will be really interesting to see. I'm ready for more!

1jewXTJ.png
73) "Runaways" hulu
I read every Runaways comic. I was angry when it was canceled leaving SO MANY threads unanswered. So when I heard it was being adapted for TV I was so there. It was a great story and would be perfect for TV or a movie if they went that way. So the show has some minor changes which are interesting, but not detrimental to my enjoyment. The one thing thats weird for me is seeing more of the parents rationales and more about their lives. It is cool yet a bit boring at times. I'm more interested in the kids storylines. They're perfectly cast for the most part, and I can't wait to see where it goes! Hopefully it'll get renewed soon!

yF0lqXY.png
72) "Geordie Shore" MTVUK

Last Year: 78

I love Geordie Shore. This year we saw a new addition to the house. Abbie is fun and brings a great new energy to the series. We saw Gary flirt with her, then in a real life twist, hes gonna be a father, so he's leaving the show. It'll be weird without Gary after Holly and Char left, but at least Sophie is still there. Marty and Scott got kicked out of the house for being tools, but I think Scott will be back at some point. Hopefully the rat Marty will be gone for good. Chloe deserves better. And from the looks of it, her current boyfriend is joining the series next year along with another new girl! I can't wait!

TNoITO4.png
71) "OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes" Cartoon Network
I saw the original pilot what feels like ages ago. They finally gave a series order to the show and changed up the looks of the charater slightly. The voicing on the show is spot on. One thing that can be a bit annoying is that the animation style changes slightly with each animators twist on it. Sometimes it can take me out of the episodes, but they are still fun. The story of a kid who wants to be a hero and starts working at a convenience store with other aspiring heroes. It's heartwarming at times, always fun, and I'm glad they gave it a series order. It was already renewed so I cant wait for more. Mr. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

3NZ6Y4u.png
70) "Sherlock" BBC America

Last Year: 51
Sherlock returned this year for another full season after last years one off episode. This year stuff went down.Someone dies. There were twists galore. Sherlock was Sherlock. John was John. I feel like I watched these episodes so long ago and most of the details are fuzzy. So hence the slight drop. I remember enjoying them as always, but it felt like Moffat is running out of steam. Hopefully with him leaving Doctor Who he can focus all his attention on Sherlock should they return for another season.

Jnd1LsB.png

69) "Casual" hulu

Last Year: 47

This season of Casual initially saw the core group all at odds with eachotehr in different ways. The siblings weren't on good terms, the mom and daughter had their own issues, and the daughter had issues she couldn't really talk to her mom about initially. And actually always. She struggled with her life now leaving school and volunteering. She was reckless and impulsive. The brother was dealing with his past and family issues. As was the sister. Their parents did a deal on them. So the show was renewed for another season, but it will be the final one. Four seasons is probably perfect for this show. After the cliffhanger, it'll be interesting to see where they go for one last ride.

S9K8xnY.png
68) "Elementary" CBS

Last Year: 68
Elementary finished up its 5th season this year and was held for midseason in 2018. It's the first year that it didnt get a full season long run and I missed it this fall. The show offers up a great detective thread of investigation and the plots are creative and the twists are always great and unexpected. The season ended with a big revelation about Sherlock and his health which will be really interesting to see how it all plays out when it returns. It was initially given a 13 episode order, then was extended to 21, down only 3 from it's usual 24 episode run. It will probably run into the summer whenever it premieres in 2018.

3DmTHlS.png
67) "Great News" NBC
Great News premiered in the spring and was luckily given a second season after soft ratings from the outset. The series revolves around a newsroom at a fake cable network. The show is 30 Rock lite, in both humor and how episodes play out. I love the humor. It's fast, quirky and things don't always go as you would expect. They brought on Tina Fey in the second season in an acting role. She's also an EP on the series so it has that great backing behind it. I love it. I wish more people did too. It airs an xmas episode this week so yay.

WbdDmWj.png
66) "You Me Her" Audience

Last Year: 48
You Me Her returned picking up where it left off following the lives of a polyamorous throuple. They go through more struggles trying to make the relationship work for them, for their friends and family and the community who doesn't initially look upon it as a good idea. The show is funny, has heart and is unique. This year, we saw the husband struggle with his own insecurities in the relationship, thinking his wife and the new girl are more into eachother. He pulls away, yet blames them for the issues, when it's clearly about him. It was already renewed before the second season aired, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

m9UDT5r.png
65) "The Walking Dead" AMC

Last Year: 42
I'l admit it finally. I'm getting more frustrated with the show. They drag things out too much, make us wait forever, and sometimes their artistic vision takes away from what we want to see. It's still a great series in my eyes. I love the characters. I root for them. I want them dead. I want to see more from everyone. This now War is at an all time high and it's really cool seeing how both sides are dealing with it. The zombie prosthetics are always fun to watch and see how they can change up the looks of the zombies. After the midseason finale, it'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts to the impending death of an original character. I will stick with this one for as long as they keep telling stories.

DnqtaBU.png
64) "Lucifer" FOX

Last Year: 127
This show has gotten so good. The characters are great. The stories are fun and suspenseful. I didn't love it in season 1, I enjoyed it in season 2, and I really freaking love it now. I always make sure to watch it when it airs because it always leaves me in a great mood. Lucifer is perfect. He's captivating, you root for him, and you root against him sometimes. For real each character is great. Some episodes from last season were held over for the current season, and they randomly dropped them in and you can see the difference between seasons. It doesn't help that they moved the filming from Canada to LA so you can visually see a difference at times too lol. I can't wait for it to come back!

jIt0wEu.png
63) "The Big Bang Theory" CBS

Last Year: 74
I still love this comedy about a group of friends navigating life and friendship and family and work and everything else that comes up. Episodes are still funny and I still love these characters. They're all having new issues, and struggles and it helps keep the series fresh. They don't plan episodes long before they write them and film them so they feel fresh and up to date with the world. The cliffhanger from last season was so good and I didn't see it coming. I like the direction the show is heading in and will keep watching!

soWt48p.png
62) "iZombie" CW

Last Year: 53
The end of last season we saw more people pulled into the truth about the zombie outbreak which plagues the city in this universe. Having almost everyone in the know this season made it fun. It was clever and witty and funny and everything else. This season the truth about the zombies was creeping closer to an impending reveal about the truth to the world. We had involvement with a corporation and conspiracy theorists. The brains that Liv ingested and the personalities she took on were spot on. Rose is an amazing actress and I look forward to her every episode so I can see how different she will be week to week! It will again return midseason and it'll be really cool to see how things will be then with the ending we left on!

AvqiN9t.png
61) "black-ish" ABC

Last Year: 60
black-ish is a great series. It balances real life issues and humor and heart and pain all in one place. All in one episode you can have all of these emotions. The storylines are current and they always do them spot on. They make you rethink things you thought you knew and because of that, it makes it an even better show. The cast is hilarious. They're also doing a great job showing the kids growing up. In the new year, the oldest daughter will be spun off into her own series as she heads off to college. I can't wait to see how the two work together and how they can both exists and be similar yet probably vastly different shows. ABC sister network Freeform will air the spinoff grown-ish.

yPN3Efa.png
60) "Superstore" NBC

Last Year: 91
Superstore is so funny. It follows a group of employees at a big box store ala Walmart. They aren't the best employees and the staff all don't see eye to eye. They have different opinions and outlooks and they often butt heads, but they never take it to far. There romance, there's awkward humor, there's struggles, and there's tornadoes. You can see the growth throughout the series and they've gotten into a great groove. I look forward to each episode every week and can't wait for more in the new year!

Pe3DZgv.png
59) "Mom" CBS

Last Year: 56
Mom has finally changed up their opening titles to include the other women which make up this amazing series. In the past, they would show Christie's past struggles and then end with her family. That family concept was ditched seasons ago and evolved into a series about a group of women who all struggle with addiction. They added the rest of the women to the opening and that made me happy. It really is a great ensemble series headlined by Anna and Allison. It's funny, has a lot of heart and wears its emotions on its sleeve.

BLR93SH.png
58) "Legends of Tomorrow" CW

Last Year: 63
At times, this is my favorite CW DC Series. The show isn't award worthy or groundbreaking, but it knows itself and it has found its voice and how it wants to fit into the world of CW DC series. This season, we see the team deal with time anachronisms, and try to fix them, in their own dysfunctional way. We saw Rip leave the team full time and start a time government agency which deals with the issues of anachronisms. Sometimes the Legends have to deal with them on their own, sometimes a group effort. We also shockingly saw two more members leave the team at the midseason finale. They already brought on a new member in the current season, but they will probably bring on more. Having a rotating cast is refreshing, yet it still hurts to see our favorites go.

kga4ZUj.png

57) "Suits" USA

Last Year: 70
Suits really got it together this year after losing a key character and one of my favorite characters at that. I was scared the show would flounder, but it was able to refresh itself. It also had said character return a few times. Plus they're looking to give that character their on spinoff show away from the mothership. We're also counting down the days until Meghan leaves to be a princess in real life. He on screen fiance will likely be departing as well leaving just the 3 core members on the show, should they continue. All signs point to yes, and Ill stick with it again. I love this show and will be there until the end.

sMVo3gc.png
56) "We Bare Bears" Cartoon Network

Last Year: 58
This show is so cute! I love following the stories of three brothers who live together in a cave and are all bears (more of less lol) The bears found themselves in more cute and funny situations which they were able to weather and navigate in their own cute unique way. The show is not just perfect for kids, but for me haha. it is funny and heartfelt and always look to the best in everyone. It's a great change from some of the more hard hitting series I watch and helps keep me sane haha Ice Bear continues to be the best. I love this cartoon so much.

Gz8xcVM.png
55) "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" FOX

Last Year: 38
Brooklyn Nine-Nine might have fallen down on my list this year, but it's still a great series. I always laugh at this dysfunctional "family" of cops and co workers who screw up everything, yet always manage to solve the case in the end. It's not the most pragmatic approach, but it is always perfectly them. This year we saw Gina go off to have a baby (and in real life) and her presence was missed in the current season. When she returned it was like she was never gone which was great. We saw the direct fallout of the last season finale which sent two members of the team to jail for crimes they didn't commit. I love every one of these characters and can't wait for it to return at midseason.

cfiio5w.png
54) "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" FXX

Last Year: 66
This season of Sunny felt refreshing and different, yet it was still the same mix of wrong and right and funny and facepalm. The gang went on more crazy adventures that are always fucked up in some way, yet always end up working in their favor. I laughed so hard this year. I was sad when the season ended that they set it up for a character to depart. We don't know if its a real departure or one just set up for the series. With Kaitlin and Glenn having their own other series, the show will take a gap year. When it returns it'll be interesting to see if they all return or not. It'd be sad to see someone go, but I'm sure they'd keep up the comedy just as much.

OAiWH7l.png
53) "How To Get Away With Murder" ABC

Last Year: 54
After killing off a key cast member and character at the midway point of last season, we finally got to see what the show would like like after when season 4 picked up. Their memory and legacy still had an impact, but the show was able to continue flawlessly. This year we saw the core group all broken up on their own paths, yet they always found a way to come back together, even when they didn't want it to happen. The midseason finale. Oh boy. That was one emotional episode. And 100% Violas Emmy submission episode. I legitimately forgot she was acting in the emotional final scene at the end of the midseason finale. It was emotional and I felt sick and broken and made me forget I was watching scripted TV. I can't wait to see how everything picks up in January.

z0tZQYB.png
52) "Fresh Off The Boat" ABC

Last Year: 31

Fresh Off The Boat is hilarious. It is charming. It is special. It is unique. It is heartwarming. Seeing this family deal with issues of the 90s, which somehow always feel current, is fun and always leaves a smile on my face. Constance Wu is amazing. She is the best part about the series. She is an amazing actress and brings Jessica so much life. We saw some great gust stars show up this year unexpectedly. We saw a pregnancy. We saw someone come out of the closet. It was full of so much heart. I wanna hug this show forever. I hope it'll be on my TV for a long long time.

vD9VYDI.png
51) "Girls" HBO

Last Year: 75
Having an end game was perfect for Girls. It knew what it wan't to say in its final run of episodes, and it knew it didn't have to tie everything in a neat bow. The season was one of the best they had ever offered. We saw the group grow up together, and apart from eachother. We saw people at odds with each other, we saw literally none of one character, and we saw how growing up as friends can be sad and rough and a part of growing up. The people you grow up with will not always be your core group despite your intentions. Real life happens and everone adjusts. We saw Hannah deal with starting a family and dealing with relationships of past. We saw her deal with sexual harassment. We also saw her in Montauk which was fun since I spent many summers out there so it was cool to see places and locations I recognized even for a short period of an episode. I will remember this series with better memories after this final season.

-----
Almost there! Only a little ways left to go! The Top 225 TV Series: 50-26 will be up next!

Girls had many highlights in its final season but "Goodbye Tour" easily had the best moment the show's ever produced. Glad she ended the season with a bang!

B99 and Great News :clap3:

Runaways has been good so far. I need to watch the last few episodes.

iZombie was okay this season. Disappointed me but I'll always be excited for it to come on!

I think I'm in the minority, but I really didn't like the midseason finale of HTGAWM :rip: Viola's acting was undeniably amazing, but the episode itself felt very rushed, sporadic and ridiculously melodramatic. You could tell that certain character revelations and events ONLY happened for the sole purpose of making things more dramatic, which put me off a bit. But that aside, I think the first half of Season 4 was better than Season 3, so hopefully they finish off strong with the second half.

Runaways is very cute, I like it! I couldn't make it through 1 season of Girls, tbh. Adam Driver is the greatest though.

I feel the exact same way about The Walking Dead :'( I will stick with it though, mainly for Carol tho :eli: 

The Blacklist, Casual, Lucifer, Superstore, HTGAWM...so many of my favs in this set. 

Started to watch Great News a few weeks ago. Good stuff. 

• ATRL Administrator

BIxpHbH.png

The Top 225 TV Series: 50-26

clear.gif

ujtfdpy.png
50) "Grey's Anatomy" ABC

Last Year: 62
I still love this show. 14 seasons in and they still find ways to keep it fresh, and fun and heartfelt and emotional and compelling. In this current season, we saw characters leave, we saw new ones join, we saw a change in the tone too. The past few seasons had been quite draining and serious. They toned it down slightly like it was in its prime. It's a perfect mix of drama and humor. They also celebrated their 300th episode, calling back to their early days with characters who resembled former cast members which took everyone for a spin down memory lane. It was well done. I'll gladly keep watching this one. I bet it will outlive us all lol.

sVQiI6E.png
49) "Dark Matter" Syfy

Last Year: 55

Dark Matter is such a great series. I love the universe they have created. I love the characters that inhabit the universe. The stories are always interesting. The graphics are solid. It's a wonderful space series. Each of the characters have come a long way since awakening from their stasis. There is so much depth and drama and humor and everything. It was so good. Yeah. Was. Syfy canceled it with a cliffhanger and I was so freaking mad. And I still am. They gave Killjoys 2 more seasons to wrap everything up. Why couldn't they give Dark Matter a chance to finish up too. Even a 6 episode shot order would have been ideal. Not flat out cancellation. This one still hurts.

nTYLPnE.png
48) "Catastrophe" Amazon Prime Video
This appeared on my list of series I was looking forward to in 2017 at number 10. Catastrophe returned and followed Sharon and Rob as they navigated life as a family, in their personal lives, and their work lives. All of the amazing supporting characters returned this year. Including the amazing Carrie Fisher who left us far too soon. With the way it ended, it will be extra sad to see where it goes next should it get a renewal again. The show ended on a very dark note, and even involved an eerie death which mirrored Carrie's death in some ways :( It's funny I swear. I laughed a lot. It's a solid series and I hope it gets more.

CAGqdL6.png
47) "Top Chef" Bravo

Last Year: 64

Top Chef finished up last season in California with a perfect final 3. And a perfect final 2. And a perfect winner. I really enjoyed the season which pitted newbies against former contestants. Then we just started getting the newest season in Colorado. The food looks amazing, the judges are still great, there are some really cool and nice and annoying contestants this year and I can't wait to see who takes it all this year. Plus it'll be interesting to see who makes it back into the competition when they win Last Chance Kitchen. I already am rooting for someone there :p

0OtdUTL.png
46) "Playing House" USA
This appeared on my list of series I was looking forward to in 2017 at number 5. I'm so glad this show had 3 excellent seasons. It is a shame it didn't ever become a breakout hit, but I enjoyed everything they gave us. This season, we saw the best friends deal with raising a kid together (but not actually together, just friends helping friends lol), we saw one of them deal with a cancer diagnosis, and we saw a whole of of great recurring characters pop up again. I laughed, I got emotional, I did tons of body rolls. I would have loved a fourth season, but thank you USA for giving me this series!!

yRvwqM2.png
45) "Regular Show" Cartoon Network

Last Year: 111
When I placed this on my countdown last year, I was trying to cram in all of the episodes before the finale aired so some come from last year. While the change from the park location on earth to the park in space was a bit weird, and out of no where, it really came together in the end. It was an epic final battle and Pops had such an important role. I was actually in tears when it ended wtf Lee. The show had a phenomenal run and I miss it still! The creator of the show has another series coming out that is more adult geared. But this show always skirted the edge of being a kids series. So I look forward to that!

VVXWOoO.png

44) "The Flash" CW

Last Year: 32

The Flash is still one of the best CW DC series they currently offer (Black Lightning was great with the two episodes I was able to watch). This year we saw Barry deal with Savitar, get separated from all of his loved ones, and then return only to have to go up against another devious foe who is out to get him. Team Flash is the best. I love all of the supporting characters, though I was upset that they pushed Wally to the side in the first part of the season (but with so many vacancies on Legends of Tomorrow, could he be making his way aboard the Waverider????). They also gave Iris more to do with the team, but at the same time I wish we got to see her in her actual job, job too! The crossover screwed over the WestAllen wedding due to Olicity, but hey, YAY WESTALLEN.

jSi8Zux.png
43) "Wynonna Earp" Syfy

Last Year: 59
Wynonna Earp is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. While the show isn't going to be a critics top choice, it knows what kind of show it is and embraces the campiness to the fullest. This year we saw the team grow in numbers, deal with opposing supernatural forces and a government agency which hates that they exist and wold rather forget about them. We saw Wynonna and Waverly deal with demons, both supernatural and personal. We saw Dolls deal with the dark side of himself. We also saw Doc deal with his past and how it came back t obit him often. The show is perfect for summer, and I'm so happy Syfy gave it a third season. I can't wait for more campy amazingness.

LT3i2ym.png
42) "Imposters" Bravo
I didn't hear about Imposters until right before the series premiered this year. I don't really watch anything on Bravo aside from Top Chef so to venture here I was weary. Boy was I wrong! This show is a bout a woman who cons her way through different people in order to gain their trust and then their entire life's savings. She leaves them all without a word, and somehow she slips up and a few of those conned by her find eachother and teamup to track her down. They get pulled into a bigger conspiracy with betrayal all around. The ones who were conned have to learn how to con others if they want to get out of this whole ordeal alive. Uma Thurmon even makes many appearances which blew my mind. So good! They left it on a cool cliffhanger and I can't wait for it to return.

gTR8RkH.png
41) "Adventure Time" Cartoon Network

Last Year: 46
I will never stop loving this series. The show has gone through many evolutions over the years, but now we're heading into the final chapter. We got a few miniseries this year involving Finn's backstory and what happened to the Humans on Ooo. We also got a miniseries about Betty and by default, her backstory with Ice King. I don't want it to end! The final season began airing in small batches with little to no fanfare which scares me. We got 8 episodes total in 2 separate days. I wonder how they'll treat it when the final season continues in the new year. Hopefully it'll get a final push like Regular Show got.

AHLnKtj.png

40) "The Orville" FOX
This one really surprised me. I expected a Family Guy humor forward series, but what we got was a very Star Trek inspired series. And that's not a bad thing. Seth clearly was inspired by the many Star Trek series. The humor is only a small part of the show. It can be awkward, but it almost always works. The show really is about a crew in space who deal with different species, and different ideals and values, and some bigger ethical themes. They are explorers at heart and they know they all have a task to complete on board the ship. I was really impressed by how well done the series was as a whole. I didn't like small bits here and there, but it didn't overall hurt my enjoyment of the series. It'll be back next year for another season.

OLDPCm7.png
39) "Difficult People" hulu

Last Year: 37
Difficult People brought us back into the worlds of Billy and Julie as they snark their way through life. They hate everyone, care only for eachother, and got into some more crazy hilarious situations this year. They went on a drug trip, they dealt with sexual harassment, and had great guests including Lucy Liu and John Cho. The show is always topical and current. They wrapped up season 3 pretty neat, probably anticipating hulu's then next move which was to cancel the show. I am mad, but I'm glad they got to make the show that Julie and Billy wanted to make. They're both hilarious and I can't wait to see when they both do next.

4YhyO76.png
38) "Lethal Weapon" FOX

Last Year: 57
Lethal Weapon is one underrated series. They have a wonderful cast of actors and characters. They mix in the perfect amount of humor that makes this buddy cop drama even better than I could have imagined. Roger and Trish are marriage goals. They have such a great dynamic. Plus when Riggs interacts with any of the rest of the cast, he has some great comedic lines, and then can deliver a heart wrenching thought or sentence which softens his hard exterior even more. It has great cases, great action and great comedic timing. I love it and hope it sticks around for a long time.

0jI0mpO.png
37) "12 Monkeys" Syfy

Last Year: 36
This year, Syfy released the entire season over the course of 3 days. It was an ambitious roll out and I watched it as quickly as I could. It was well worth the quick rapid fire release schedule. With the schedule it kind of works for the show itself. We got to see a character grow up, due to time travel in the course of the short blocks of episodes and made it even more effective. It set up such a crazy ride, which will unfortunately come to an end next year. I'm glad they got to go out with plenty of time because the show is so mythology based. The short which inspired the whole concept was great. The movie was great. And man this TV series is great.

D0ijzkf.png
36) "The 100" CW

Last Year: 45
After a weaker season which took some of the wind out of the show, it returned this year with an even more ambitious story to tell. The show never shies away from crazy storytelling which had huge fallout or repercussions. This year we saw the remaining humans on earth struggle to deal with another impending apocalypse which they already once had to deal with an earth rendered toxic once before. This time the stakes were even higher. No one was going to survive the fallout. They tried many different plans and ways to get as many people to survive, but there we many casualties even before the fallout reached our world of The 100. The way things were left will allow for even more creative swings. They essentially created a new canvas after having the first 4 season storytelling wise be back, to back, to back,to back. I'm excited!

LrZO2d0.png
35) "The Good Doctor" ABC
When you head that the mind behind House has a new medical drama, you know you have to have some strong initial interest in the series. And for ABC to pick it up, having Greys Anatomy already on their schedule being one of their top performers, and already a medical drama, you knew they were very confident with this one. They had every right to. Freddie Highmore, after an amazing run on Bates Motel, again shows off his great acting skills as a doctor who has autism. The hospital has never seen a mind like his, and they struggle to find ways to work with him, and for him to work with everyone else. He has problems initially with connecting, but in his own ways eventually opens up. It has a lot of heart, some soapy moments, but it delivers a compelling and strong story week to week. It's a really strong freshman series and I hope it can continue it going into the new year.

MHG34Wi.png
34) "Billy on the Street" truTV

Last Year: 23
The second appearance of Billy Eichner in this batch of shows, and third overall this year on my list! Billy was a busy man. But he made time to make another amazing season of Billy on the Street. We saw Billy on the streets of New York, asking random passerbys questions about pop culture, politics and random hilarious outbursts. We saw him get into arguments, we saw him make celebrities laugh so hard, and we had a bunch of fun obstacle courses. After two seasons on truTV, after moving from FUSE, the show will not return to truTV and Billy says there will be more in the future at a later date. He's a busy guy! I'll be waiting until it returns :D

9uBGdQg.png
33) "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" Netflix

Last Year: 24
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt always puts a smile on my face. There are no shows like it out now. It has such a unique voice in the vast landscape of TV series out today. This season was just as funny as the past seasons. It was a bit odd how removed Jane Krakowski was from the rest of the characters, but her own storyline was still hilarious. We got another huge Titus production with his Lemonade parody. Everyone had pretty good attention paid to them. It was balanced, funny, and always finds a way to stick a little heart into it too. Kimmy's intentions are always pure and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

138r6vV.png
32) "American Gods" Starz
American Gods had a good first season run. I didn't love it completely. The opening vignettes for the "coming to America" bit were sometimes a bit boring and out there and made me just want to skip them. Other times, they were the most interesting thing about the entire episode. Not a lot happens in the first season. There's a crap ton of beautifully shot scenes. It's very much all about the style. They set up some really interesting characters, I just wish they did more with them. If you look at the season as a building block for whats to come, It makes it easier to enjoy. With the behind the scenes shake up, I wonder if the next season will be delayed. Either way I'll still be here when it does return!

en4kcqq.png
31) "Broad City" Comedy Central

Last Year: 13
I still love Broad City and these girls. They bring so much good humor to the world with their characters and I look forward to episodes every week. This year it felt a bit restrained at times. I wasn't as in love with some episodes and I wish I was. We got to see the girls apart from eachother more too it felt. I may be over analyzing it. I still loved the heck out of this season. It's still fresh, and has a very unique voice which I love. Most of all, it still puts a huge smile on my face. I can't wait for it to come back already! Hopefully it'll be even better next season.

2WeI1WB.png
30) "Jane The Virgin" CW

Last Year: 26
Jane The Virgin continued with their time jump into the future following a major death of one of the original main characters. Their presence was still felt by everyone, but in the end I think it helped renew the energy of the series. This year we got to see Jane move past heartbreak, be hopeful about finding love again, and most of all, being there for her famly and close friends. Jane also saw great progress with herself as a writer which was amazing to see. I've always been #TeamRafael BUT even more so I've always been #TeamJane and whatever makes her the happiest. It was still filled with its over the top soapy moments and twists, but thats what makes this show even better. For all the serious drama and ups and downs, there are a ton of campy soapy moments to ground it again. I love this show and hope it get renewed for next season when this shorter season order ends later next year.

XSgUmt8.png
29) "Search Party" TBS

Last Year: 35
Coming off of an amazing freshman season which ended with a giant twist I don't think anyone saw coming, the group of friends had to come even closer together to deal with that twist. They all dealt with it in their own ways. Some struggled, some did irrational things, and others tried to keep their cool. I haven't finished the final episodes yet but I know it is going to be so good. This show is such a refreshing delight. For having taken such a darker turn this year, it didn't miss a beat. It had the perfect balance of humor to balance the darkness. I hope it gets renewed again despite it not being a huge ratings success. It's such an enjoyable ride and want to stay on it as long as I possibly can.

C0hbSuN.png
28) "Broadchurch" BBC America
This appeared on my list of series I was looking forward to in 2017 at number 15. After focusing on the same story for the most part of the first two series of the show, this year they moved past the death of Danny, and focused mainly on a new case which yet again led to a lot of people in town being seen as suspects. This case was a rape of a woman at a party, where there were many things which shaped the course and the events of the night of the assault. Miller and Hardy were on the case again. We were given lots of red herrings, lots of clues and yet again, I didn't see the culprit coming. It was a gret exploration of humans, and humans at their darkest, and how everyone holds secrets. I'm glad it was given one last run to bring us back to these solid characters and this storytelling.

yzz0QuF.png
27) "I'm Sorry" truTV

I'm Sorry follows the life of a woman as she tries to navigate life as a comedy writer. She runs into many siutations which she is able to find the humor in. She finds them when out with friends. She finds them when she's being a mom. She finds them when she's alone with her husband. She has a writing partner who gets her humor too. There are tons of recurring bits throughout the season which help make it even better. The blind bathroom groper made me laugh every time. Andrea is hilarious and I'm so glad she has her own vehicle now. The show was renewed for a second season thank god and I can't wait to see more hilarity.

5JvVDFP.png
26) "The Good Place" NBC

Last Year: 27
ZOMG THAT TWIST AT THE END OF SEASON 1 WAS SO FORKING GOOD. I did not see it coming. It made me rethink the entire season. It was brilliant. It was perfect. The show in itself is charming. It's funny, It has a lot of heart, and they do their characters such justice. Kristen Bell and Ted Danson are at the top of their game here. In season 2, they went in a direction I didn't predict either. It's so creative, fresh and there's so much more potential for the series down the line. If you're not watching it, you're really missing out on a funny and creative series. The seasons are 13 episodes each, which helps make it even more bingeable if you haven't checked it out yet. I couldn't suggest this one any stronger.

-----
The best of the best is up next! Any predictions? If I don't get to it tomorrow, I won't get to it for a few days since I'll be out of town. So the anticipation could be massive!! lol. The Top 225 TV Series: 25-1 will be up next!

I expected The Good Place to be higher, actually.

American Gods in the 30s is triggering me :dies: I downloaded the season pack of I'm Sorry, but I won't get to it until next year. Probably the same for Search Party.

Grey's still slaying the ratings after 14 seasons :jonny: 

I still need to watch Adventure Time, I've always wanted to, same with Difficult People

Unbreakable, Jane, The 100 :clap3: 

and The Good Place is my favorite so far on your list, I really enjoy it, I thought it would be top 20 for sure tho :eli: 

I feel like Andi Mack isn't going to make this :( - it's a shame that a quality show on Disney for once is overshadowed by all the trash surrounding it on that network. 

Santa Clarita Diet though :clap3:

The Good Place, Broad City, Search Party, Difficult People, and Catastrophe :clap3:

I find myself missing Imposters lately. I want season 2 already. :dancehall:

Lethal Weapon has been on my list to watch for a while now. 

What a GREAT update! Your stanning for The Good Place is so high. What's above it? :jonny:

I agree with you that new energy was brought to Jane the Virgin :heart2: I forgot to include it on my own list fhjfha but I've really liked the new eps.

American Gods, Search Party, Catastrophe :clap3:

I'm so impressed with how much you've written about these shows - and the sheer amount of shows you've been able to keep up with! :jonny: Queen of tv TBH.

I reaaalllyyy love "Fresh off the Boat" - I think it's so hilarious! I'm fascinated by the experience of Asian people assimilating or living in western culture and how racism and discrimination towards them is brushed under the carpet because it's not as overt or historically ingrained as white on black racism. I think it's very hard to be an asian in a white society - and this show, comedically, acknowledges that. It's subversive and clever.

On ‎20‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 5:04 PM, Lee!! said:

65) "The Walking Dead" AMC

about 200 places too high :fan: 

no but forreal, they fell off big, and it frustrates me that it's pretty much still surviving and there is no end in sight

Good Place and Kimmy :heart2: 

On 20/12/2017 at 4:04 PM, Lee!! said:

72) "Geordie Shore" MTVUK

Last Year: 78

I love Geordie Shore. This year we saw a new addition to the house. Abbie is fun and brings a great new energy to the series. We saw Gary flirt with her, then in a real life twist, hes gonna be a father, so he's leaving the show. It'll be weird without Gary after Holly and Char left, but at least Sophie is still there. Marty and Scott got kicked out of the house for being tools, but I think Scott will be back at some point. Hopefully the rat Marty will be gone for good. Chloe deserves better. And from the looks of it, her current boyfriend is joining the series next year along with another new girl! I can't wait!

Delete this.

Sophie is boring now and Marty said he's coming back despite being arrested. Chloe's bf isn't joining. I didn't like the latest season. 

Solid debuts for Runaways, which I haven’t gotten to yet, and American Gods, which I’m not sure I’d put as high as you did. 

HTGAWM’s consistency. :clap3: 

• ATRL Administrator

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to update

Grey's Anatomy is still so strong :heart2:

HTGAWM was also amazing this season :clap3:

I still haven't seen Dynasty on this list. Either i missed it or it will be in the top 25. :alexz:

Netflix Germany released Wynonna Earp Season 2 last week. Can't wait to watch it :) It's like a little more trashy, female version of "Supernatural", but it's so much fun. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.