This year's best of will include:

The Top 225 TV Shows of 2017

The Top 50 Songs of 2017

I hope.

So ready for your 2017 recap. 

ready for top xxx tv shows :jonny2: 

How ya doin', TV man? :celestial:

• ATRL Administrator

Thanks everyone! Still fine tuning but I should hopefully be able to start soon :D

2 hours ago, Red said:

How ya doin', TV man? :celestial:

I'm good! Glad to see you back in time for Best Of :D

• ATRL Administrator

OK! My lists are pretty much ready, now to get things started soon :D

whew you better start legend, we been waiting whew

Can't wait for 2250 tv shows :eli: 

• ATRL Administrator

BIxpHbH.png

The Top 225 TV Series: 225-201

clear.gif

RMTvnlD.png
225) "Somewhere Between" ABC
Leading off my Best of 2017 is Somewhere Between. It truly is one of the worst television programs to air this year, and appropriately landing at the lowest position on my list. The acting was some of the worst I’ve ever seen and I couldn't make it past a few episodes before I dropped it. A woman is able to go back to a previous point in her timeline and try to change things for herself an other around her. The ratings were horrible and I don't think anyone really watched so it lands here.

3Y4RDGE.png
224) "Ransom" CBS
This series is a co-co-co-procudtion with a bunch of other countries so its cheap as hell for CBS to air. It was corny, pretty weak, and it got a bit repetitive. None of the acting was convincing, none of the stories were all too interesting. Assumed dead, it was renewed for a second season with a new country co producing it, making it cheap yet again for CBS to air on Saturday nights again.

DHNo7cQ.png
223) "The Great Indoors" CBS

Last Year: 242
I don't know why I kept watching this show. It wasn't good. It was corny, not very funny, and the show struggled to make any interesting storylines. At times it did feel like the actors knew the show wasn't as good as it should have been and tried the best they could with what was given to them. It was canceled after one season

zGZZA3O.png
222) "Still Star-Crossed" ABC
This was one big disaster. I'm still shocked something from Shonda could go so wrong. On paper, its sort of interesting. What happens after Romeo and Juliet kill themselves. Well maybe mildly interesting. But if anyone could make it work, I would have thought Shonda could. But no. This was a misfire all around. I wanted to finish it, but I missed a week, and could never get myself to finish it.

AsQ2tBP.png
221) "Shadowhunters" Freeform

Last Year: 250
This show is another disaster. The acting, the writing, the story. I didn't know why I was watching it last year, and again questioned it. I will admit it did get slightly better, but I missed a week and fell behind and never caught up to it. Plus the main actor is a piece of shit getting caught on a live stream being homophobic. The show can get canceled now.

Ab1RR6S.png
220) "Teen Wolf" MTV

Last Year: 239
This wins the award for most unnecessary final 10 episodes of a series ever. What a piece of crap and a terrible way to ruin the legacy of this once decent series. The storyline was dumb, half the cast didn't even show up, and nothing was even wrapped up in the end. Yes. They left a SERIES FINALE open ended for more. Nope. No thanks. I'm officially done forever on this series and after that final act, I can't imagine anyone would be askign for more.

VzWwGl5.png
219) "Sleepy Hollow" FOX

Last Year: 238
I said I was done with this show last year after they handled Abbie Mills and everything they screwed up majorly. But curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see how Janina was on the show and if she could bring something to the show. Just look at the promo image. Do any of them look happy to be there? I dropped it quick.

hvQ9uQo.png
218) "Freaky Sweets" Food Network
I didn't know what this was nor did I go looking for it. I had Food Network on, and then this show suddenly started. This show is a take on a few of the other shows where they make crazy cool cakes for people. This one, they focused on specifically spooky and Halloween themed cakes. I think both episodes were the only ones made so far.

YIJ619N.png
217) "Flip Or Flop" HGTV

Last Year: 199
Flip or Flop changed a bit this season now that the original cohosts got divorced. They both are still featured on the show, but now they are usually heading up projects alone. So one episode is more focused on him with her showing up for opinions, followed by an episode focused on her with him showing up briefly. Then HGTV ordered a bunch of other ones in Vegas, Atlanta and Fort Worth. Plus more are on the way. They're all essentially the same so I bunched them all together.

Dr2mOXV.png
216) "Kid's Baking Championship" Food Network
When I saw this on my list I didn't even remember seeing this. Then I saw the picture of the contestants and I remembered it. I don't think I watched this so intensely, more so as background noise and watching whenever it was on. It's cute, Duff and Valerie are good hosts and the kids make some legit great looking creations.

NXYcYuY.png
215) "The Odd Couple" CBS

Last Year: 203
This comedy wasn't very funny. The writing was pretty meh and the acting was okay. YNB deserved better than this show. Especially 3 seasons of this show. And finally after three short seasons, the show was canceled. Freeing up some great actors who got stuck on an okay show.

BuKu0lW.png
214) "Food Network Star: Comeback Kitchen" Food Network

Last Year: 184
The dumb ass on the right won. Such a terrible choice. And somehow he did well on the main show too. He was a tool the first time on FNS. He was a tool the first time he was on Comeback Kitchen last year. He was a tool again this year. Matthew is a tool who should never be on TV. I would never watch anything with his dumb ass on it.

QpVRgWM.png
213) "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" Cartoon Network
I loved he 3D movies loosely based on the book. So when I heard they were planning on making a TV series around the story, I was pumped. Then I saw the finished project. It was pretty boring. It is a prequel to the movies, but the characterizations don't line up with the movies. So I guess its loosely tied in, not canon. But it didn't really capture my attention and I fell really behind on it.

Piwdj62.png
212) "Halloween Baking Championship" Food Network
Halloween Baking Championship follows the same format as the other Baking Championship shows. In this one, they do Halloween and spooky themed challenges. They always come up with really cool creative pieces and I get hungry. This year the judging panel was slightly different and I love Lorraine Pascale so I had to tune in to see her on this one too.

J9Fp1Cy.png
211) "Beachfront Bargain Hunt" HGTV

Last Year: 205
This series follows different people/couples looking for beachfront property all over. I love seeing the beach locales, making fun of their hang ups on certain properties and guessing which place they will end up choosing. It's fun to see all different places.

34XuwaU.png
210) "Emerald City" NBC
This series was picked up a few years back, then dropped. Then it was picked up again. After a year or so, it finally got a premiere date. The show was essentially The Wizard of Oz meets a Game of Thrones attempt. It was pretty grand in its reach, but it felt too small to really connect. I got about halfway in, then missed a week, and never got back to it. It was canceled after the one season.

aXHhRmI.png
209) "Beyond" Freeform
Beyond is a show about a kid who wakes up from a coma after a long period of time and he realizes he has enhanced sense and abilities, encounters sketching people, and tries to get his life back together and live his own life. The show was interesting, a bit slow at points. Visually, it was interesting too. It was grounded, but I fell behind and didn't get to finish the season. It was renewed early, then the ratings bottomed out. So this coming season will likely be an uphill battle.

E2P4VfI.png
208) "Spring Baking Championship" Food Network
Like the Halloween Baking Championship, this one focused on bakers as they baked Spring themes confections. The judging panel of Nancy, Duff and Lorraine is the best. Jesse Palmer is an OK host. The contestants were solid, the baking was solid, the show was fun, and I'm glad I got to watch it (though not intentionally, more background watching) and would probably check it out again next year.

JoFQNlm.png
207) "Beat Bobby Flay" Food Network

Last Year: 217
The show continues to pit contestants against each other in the first round in order to take on Bobby Flay in a challenge of their own choosing in the second round. This year they did a bunch of episodes where his friends/Food Network personalities took him on. It was fun to see them all having fun in their shared attempts and desires to take down Bobby. I'm sure this show could go on forever, hell, it even influenced the rebooted Iron Chef this year!

ohOOkec.png
206) "The Powerpuff Girls" Cartoon Network

Last Year: 196
I didn't love it last year, and this year I couldn't really do much with this show. It's a fun attempted reboot of the original PPG series. This one feels hollow, removed and a shell of the former series. I could just be older. But I love a bunch of other cartoon series which are less serious so who knows. Either way, I'm way behind on this one, and they added a fourth PPG? Interesting, who knows. I'll probably catch some episodes again occasionally 

QqJXYQD.png
205) "Chopped" Food Network

Last Year: 193
This long running series is always fun to watch when nothing else is on or if you just have it on in the background. Seeing contestants take mystery ingredients and turning them into appealing courses is fun. They had some cool ingredients this year, and the judges remained great. I'll definitely continue watching this as long as they make episodes.

hrz6jf5.png
204) "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update: Summer Edition" NBC
Why they keep Colin and Che at the desk baffles me. Why they upped the two of them to co-head writers baffles me. These two are terrible still. I get maybe a chuckle while watching them botch their lines, and laugh at their own failed attempts at humon. Che is ok. Colin is shit. He was already once removed as head writer, so why put him back. The show will become crap again. This summer run was boring and the other late night hosts tackled the same jokes during the week so it was pretty pointless.

mvh8c1q.png
203) "Best Baker in America" Food Network
I didn't know this one existed. I had the TV on and it started and I had seen no promotion for it or anything. They even had the newest Food Network Star winner as a judge. Nothing. It was also on at 11PM which is usually not when they air new episodes. This series took a bunch of former Baking Championship contestants from all of them and had them compete for the best baker title. I love Marcella so I hung around for her and I liked how the host was also a judge.

uc0LilM.png
202) "Imaginary Mary" ABC
Imaginary Mary is a series about a woman who falls in love and suddenly starts seeing her old imaginary friend from when she was a child. Mary helps her guide through her new life as a girlfriend and semi mother to his three kids. The show was cute, but nothing special. Rachel Dratch deserves a live action series of her own. She did a great job voicing Mary. The show was canceled after one season.

hBkS6c9.png
201) "Spider-Man" Disney XD
I love Spider-Man and everything spider-verse. I was excited to jump onto this one. I watched the first few episodes, but it didn't capture me for some reason. I also think the fact that its a full 22 minute show as opposed to the Cartoon Network 11 minute episodes had me waiting for the episodes to have a resolution. I may try it again. My love for characters which aren't as well known but are on this series may pull me back.

-----
I always forget how much time this stuff takes to put together! Hopefully my write ups will get better from here on out since I will be enjoying them more as I go on haha. The Top 225 TV Series: 200-176 will be up next!

Screaming at all the Food Network shows :deadbanana2: 

Is that Joel McHale in the poster for The Great Indoors? I guess he really took a hit after Community ended :skull: 

225 SHOWS!!! I can hardly commit to 5!

Aww Flip or FLop I love..but only the original

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.