madonnas best of extravaganza - #1 song announced

madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

Aly & Aj - Ten Years

quQclsR.jpg?1

QUEENS.  Irrelevant Disney Channel girls who released one 11/10 song and not much else ten years ago were the perfect contenders for EPOTY (altho almost, not quite).  Really they basically had artistic freedom to do any kinda pop music they wanted (cause nobody was really watching except like 10 people) so they did the best choice and give us EMOTION REJECTS.  So basically this is Emotion Side C.  Every song is filled with stadium drums, echoey vocals, semi-harsh synths, and high pitched emotional vocals.  Really good ****.  Besides unoriginality, there pretty much is no flaw in this cute little EP.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Dom

• Tom Vercetti

• jose168

WTF I didn't even know they released an EP :deadbanana:

Take Me was a nice surprise even though it isn't original. Is there anything better on it? 

yessss, bisch, finally you snapped and put a good EP on this damn list filled with stuff I DON'T KNOWW..

ALY AND AJ snapped, the ep is a gr8 comeback, I missed my potential break up song queens and they did not disappoint and you didn't too

SNAP MY SCALP. take me is that song btw.

Limitless!

I would say it was the better of their two releases this year but Cherry Bomb had some great tracks (like I LOVE Summer 127)

Nice to see Yaeji as well

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Playa Playa said:

WTF I didn't even know they released an EP :deadbanana:

Take Me was a nice surprise even though it isn't original. Is there anything better on it? 

Many say that I Know is better than Take Me (I don't, however - It reminds me of Warm Blood though).  And then the other two are boppable as well.

• ATRL Moderator

My #1 is kinda anticlimactic because I had been telling some people its flaws and focusing on negativity.

BUT IT REALLY is EPOTY.  It really was the most consistent, compelling, and potential-heavy EP released this year. 

1 minute ago, madonnas said:

My #1 is kinda anticlimactic because I had been telling some people its flaws and focusing on negativity.

BUT IT REALLY is EPOTY.  It really was the most consistent, compelling, and potential-heavy EP released this year. 

charli XCX? if it is, you better give 1 Night it's deserved praise.

Edited by Dom

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Dom said:

charli XCX? if it is, you better give 1 Night it's deserved praise.

Mixtapes are counted as albums, since N1A has 10 songs. 

These girls are still hot af a decade later what

Cute EP, wish it were a bit more original tho as u said

Limitless was excellent, definitely their best work, even if Cherry Bomb is also fantastic. Loved Aly & AJ too.

I never knew and still dont know who aly and aj are :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, jose168 said:

I never knew and still dont know who aly and aj are :rip: 

1.  listen to potential breakup song whenever you want to hear a 2000s futuristic electropop song.

2.  you would like this EP but pretend not to because of your CRJ stanhood.

aly and aj's ep was solid. take me and i know were my faves. i feel like so much indiepop sounds like emotion now tho so i need carly to come back next year and set the new standard (i'm ready for three years of disco bops!)

did u like quin's ep? it's rly cute rite.

/denzel for #1 maybe? 

Edited by bluth

• ATRL Moderator

Rina Sawayama - RINA

37a0ba71f11b736c3c1c35b13d87142e.630x630

Rina Sawayama found a way to make it out of spotify recommended circles to actual semi-relevancy through sheer force of quality.  This EP is by far the greatest thing she has done for, and it looks like she's really just beginning.  I've definitely pointed out its flaws in some places (maybe a wee bit style over substance) but she has the concepts, ideas, visuals, and coherency to make this project stick harder than any EP has done to me this year.  Those fuzzy Aaliyah red album guitars, the themes of loneliness and isolation, the complete dedication to the Y2K era, it all works and there's well written songs to back it up.  In fact, the one weak moment is the Shamir collaboration but let's ignore that because at least it has a point in the EP.  Cyber Stockholm Cyndrome, the lead single is a banger but also one of the weakest moments.  10-20-40, Take Me As I Am, Alterlife, and Ordinary Superstar all have the Britney meets Aaliyah meets Hypnogogic Pop sound that I want MORE of.  Good job.

Oh yeah, I remember u giving it some criticism in syg. Glad u saw the light I suppose. One of the best pop projects of the year. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Oh yeah, I remember u giving it some criticism in syg. Glad u saw the light I suppose. One of the best pop projects of the year. 

EPs aren't supposed to be perfect projects to be honest, they're supposed to be something to hold over fans or give people a reason to care about you, and I felt like Rina did exactly the latter. 

1 minute ago, madonnas said:

EPs aren't supposed to be perfect projects to be honest, they're supposed to be something to hold over fans or give people a reason to care about you, and I felt like Rina did exactly the latter. 

True and it was successful since Rina is receiving a lot of buzz as of late. 

Talent WON :clap3: Rina is getting so much praise on ATRL it's so nice to see :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.