madonnas best of extravaganza - #1 song announced

madonnas

Love limitless, idk what happened with cherry bomb... listening to Samantha now!

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Dom

• Tom Vercetti

• jose168

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, jose168 said:

1 2 3 4 :katie2: 

I M O 

1234 > time time time > hints and implications > i know u know > go deeper (which honestly is still rly good) 

• ATRL Moderator

I told myself I'd finish one page on my literacy statement for my final before I post the next one but here I am spamming my opinions on EPS so might as well post another lmao. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, bluth said:

i kinda have no clue what ur top eps r going to be. ralph maybe? aly&aj?? do u stan yaeji now???? 

hehehehehe

just a spoiler, Ralph isn't here.  Her EP was also carried by one song like Red Velvet but Tease is not as good as Rookie. 

Policies of Power was a great EP although I gotta say I was quite surprised that 1 2 3 4 was included. Not complaining though, it's still her best song

vuhexrt.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Yaeji - EP2

N4gtyVu.jpg

So glad we have a superior EP2 to think about now.  I wasn't a big fan of EP1 to be completely honest, it was too slow and not enough substance, but I really did enjoy this Yaeji girl.  Her music videos were cool, her attitude was unique.  She had a lot going for her!  But now I'm on her side.  Drink I'm Sipping On isn't even the best on here (3rd best).  She finds the best balance of "Alternative R&B" (I seriously cannot believe she's being labelled that to be honest) and Deep House/Outsider house.  It's like a call to the imaginary dancefloor on your dirty messy bedroom floor.

Edited by madonnas

I think I'm in the minority with Go Deeper being my fave but Time Time Time is a standout too. A good EP overall!!

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, bluth said:

oh wow @ raingurl converting people to stans, only talent 

and well done to her for making drake semi-listenable. 

Right once Raingurl converted me I saw the light in Drink I'm Sippin On and all the others.

But seriously why is Last Breath NOT ON STREAMING SERVICES??

It's one of her best songs so far, is it cause the music video must be watched?

How do people discover all this music? (I'm not talking about K-pop, J-pop or whatever its name.)

vuhexrt.gif 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, prézli said:

How do people discover all this music? (I'm not talking about K-pop, J-pop or whatever its name.)

vuhexrt.gif 

I read pitchfork to be honest.  Yeah they're pretentious, I don't really care about what they have to say but if the sound of the album or song sounds good I'll give it a whirl.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/

^ I stay there a lot.  Also sometimes tinymixtapes and slant (tho they dont review much music anymore).  Also generally cruising through some threads on here and getting recommendations from friends/users here, and then "similar to" options on last.fm/spotify/AM sometimes I"ll pop up a random album.  I've been cruising rateyourmusic's best of by genres I enjoy too.  If you wanna hear similar stuff to artists you like HMU!  I'm always down to give and get recommendations hunty.   Hope that helped. xx

6 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I read pitchfork to be honest.  Yeah they're pretentious, I don't really care about what they have to say but if the sound of the album or song sounds good I'll give it a whirl.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/

^ I stay there a lot.  Also sometimes tinymixtapes and slant (tho they dont review much music anymore).  Also generally cruising through some threads on here and getting recommendations from friends/users here, and then "similar to" options on last.fm/spotify/AM sometimes I"ll pop up a random album.  I've been cruising rateyourmusic's best of by genres I enjoy too.  If you wanna hear similar stuff to artists you like HMU!  I'm always down to give and get recommendations hunty.   Hope that helped. xx

I'll check them out. Thank yu. :) 

13 minutes ago, prézli said:

vuhexrt.gif 

Music outlets/Spotify playlists/RYM/Discogs, there's tons of tools out there. 

OT: Liking the Samantha and Yaeji inclusions of course :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Dom said:

wheree is number 1 and twoo. madonna's ,lazy. 

I'm doing homework sIut!!! Final projects are due on friday! 

Just now, madonnas said:

this is your homework, hoe.

41 minutes ago, madonnas said:

omg tell me about it, bestof is distracting i should be finals cramming

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, jose168 said:

omg tell me about it, bestof is distracting i should be finals cramming

I'm in grad school now (for teaching credential, did I tell u already?) and omg, it's ALL PROJECTS AND PORTFOLIOS.  No tests, SMH and I'm good at tests!  They're my strength. 

Just now, madonnas said:

I'm in grad school now (for teaching credential, did I tell u already?) and omg, it's ALL PROJECTS AND PORTFOLIOS.  No tests, SMH and I'm good at tests!  They're my strength. 

what tests :eli: 

1 minute ago, madonnas said:

i dont think id ever get a masters id kms and no you didnt!!

Edited by jose168

Madonnas impeccable taste but always to far right for my liking.! But I love you anyway.!!! 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, jose168 said:

i dont think id ever get a masters id kms and no you didnt!!

It's a teaching credential program where you also get your masters, its 2 years.

It literally snatched me this semester (my first).  LIKE ITS SO HARD.  And balancing it with work and a boyfriend and family.  OMG.  I wanted to die. 

:skull:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.