madonnas best of extravaganza - #1 song announced

madonnas

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Kang. said:

I think u articulated the World Eater appeal fine, it was definitely beautiful in a way even through all the harsh ****. one of the best recent bleep bloop albums for sure

didn't expect #50 :rip: but now i kinda wanna hear

It prob would be 10 spots higher if I gave it 2-3 more listens tbh (#50, and well world eater too probs) but alas I have limited time. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Dom

• Tom Vercetti

• jose168

wondering if bjork made the list

World Eater >, you analyzed it better than what I would so there's that

The Assassination of Julis Caesar was meh, but the last song was great and the obvious highlight for me.

My friend introduced me to Ulver not that long ago, I need to dive into their discography. World Eater deserved better, such a record!

Julius Ceaser and Angels knock :clap3: (its a good kpop album because theres like 5 title tracks on it, which is rare). Oh boy is the best sing

radar found dead

Haven't heard the Mura Masa EP but 1 Night was pretty good :jamming:

Lovers is pretty good. No huge standouts but it's cohesive and doesn't have much filler :flower: Oslo tho >

• ATRL Moderator

Torres - Three Futures

wEOMrtx.jpg?1

I always thought of Torres as a boring PJ clone clown but this album turned me around into a (casual) fan.  It's indie rock meets fuzzy gritty synths meets confessions about romance.  Honestly, a lot of the songs have really good storytelling complimented by the song structures and instrumentals.  Her lyricism :weeps:.  Check out the title track for a more calm lyrical journey but she still has songs with energy like Helen in the Woods if that's more up your alley!

• ATRL Moderator

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Ftp2wNa.jpg?1

If there was ever an album to end a career with it would be this one.  Silver Eye is a combination of all of Goldfrapp's eclectic styles meshed into one hodgepodge album.  The album starts very strong with sexy synthpop and ends very strong with gloomy trip-hop.  The middle section is a big miss, but the first 3/last 3 are so essential Goldfrapp.  Is this them admitting they've ran out of sounds they want to do?  Or will they completely re-invent in their next album...?  Stay tuned.  One thing that's always great in a Goldfrapp album are Alison's surprisingly versatile vocals.

didn't get to both of their albums like I intended to! Torres is on the queue

Edited by MP2K

HM: Some nice picks. Mura Masa, Cut Copy, Toro y Moi, Pond, and Little Dragon all ranged from good to great imo

Albums: Only know Blanck Mass and Goldfrapp, both of which were good :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

Gorillaz - Humanz

gorillaz-humanz.jpg

I feel like this was a more successful attempt at making a "Playlist" instead of an album than Drake.  It' a hodgepodge of styles and high budget features that has a cohesive yet scattershot aesthetic.  Really sad that it couldn't stand up to classic Gorillaz albums, but did anyone actually expect it to?  Let's be thankful for Damon at least trying new things sonically and the features bringing something to the table.

Edited by madonnas

I know gorrilaz can u believe??? 

andromeda is my favorite, cause of groovy vibes.

strobelite is a bop, and we stan.

ascension made me deaf, terrible song. 

Edited by Dom

• ATRL Moderator

Actress - AZD

73XY4y9.jpg?1

Another electronic non vocal album I wish I could have spent more time with but I liked this one a lot from my limited listens!  It sounds like you're caught in a super futuristic urban faux utopia hmmm.  I like that the songs take almost no time getting to the good stuff yet they don't seem repetitive or exhausting.

Edited by madonnas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.