• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLIME

• madonnas

• World Eater

• Tom Vercetti

I love Lana's album along with Kesha's! Actually you got me wondering which one I prefer!

Whoops 1 more HM I forgot about

https://soundblab.com/images/King-Gizzard-And-The-Lizard-Wizard-1510667858-compressed.jpg

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

This was the only one of their 4 albums this year I got to hear in time (actually my first of theirs overall), but it's kinda got me wanting to swoop thru the rest! Crazy drums, crazy everything actually.

Will put it in with the oth3rs from the last post

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I love Lana's album along with Kesha's! Actually you got me wondering which one I prefer!

I wish LFL was shorter tbh, she def woulda snagged with a cute 8 song EP

8 minutes ago, jose168 said:

Ti Amo and Broken Social Scene were gr8

BSS were like my #10 played artist this yr but i'm kinda trash for borderline ignoring everything post-YFIIP. ****s heavy with the title track tho

1 minute ago, Kang. said:

I wish LFL was shorter tbh, she def woulda snagged with a cute 8 song EP

I agree it may be a bit long but I wouldn't touch it. There are so many good songs!

Omg there's more :skull: Issa Album (really underrated), I See You, Utopia, Communicating, Ti Amo and Hug of Thunder :clap3:

Out of the 4 albums King Gizzard released, the latest one didn't have much lasting impact so def a HM worthy. 

SMH 1 last honorable mention sorry!!!!!!!

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000245808055-l31f9l-t500x500.jpg

Lil Pump - Lil Pump

Ok so on hand this sounds like it was genetically engineered to piss off anyone who doesn't like hip hop which on its own is a plus for me. But bias aside Pump clearly has a way with a catchy hook, and simple as his bars may be he's got a way of making them stick in your mind. Obviously nothing mind blowing but fulfills its role of cheap turn up music as well as one could ask.

First albums set within the hour I hope :)

I'll feel jilted on Kesha's behalf that she only got an honourable mention. Kesha is flawless!

your honorable mentions are already so damn good :jonny4: this makes me hyped for the rest whew

I missed all the HM posts :rip: Lots of great albums mentioned. Some of which deserved better but at least they got a mention :chick1:

Some great albums already in HM's...

Intrigued to see how top 50 album turn out then!

WHOOPS final  honorable mention I promise.

http://hw-img.datpiff.com/m51900b2/Cardi_B_Gangsta_Bitch_Music_Vol_2-front-large.jpg

Cardi B - Gangsta Bitch Music Vol. 2

What can I say, the proof was here in front of us way before Bodak. Shouts to Annie Ainsworth + the others who caught on first

22 hours ago, Reinvention said:

I'll feel jilted on Kesha's behalf that she only got an honourable mention. Kesha is flawless!

Ugh ik and I liked it fine but still think Animal will remain her best for the foreseeable future. You might wanna check back for the songs list too tho :cm:

-

First set actually coming now!!!!!!

Top 50 Albums of 2017!:

~~~

http://www.fueledbyramen.com/sites/g/files/g2000005606/f/styles/620x620/public/201704/PM_COVER_smallfile.jpg?itok=9eZ2okwb

reality will break your heart
survival will not be the hardest part
it's keeping all your hopes alive
when all the rest of you has died

50. Paramore - After Laughter

From what I saw there seemed to be a weird amount of pressure on this album to measure up as some poptimist crossover smash, or in other words pop fans are strung out for new Carly and were looking hard for something to approximate that rush. I'd never really listened to Paramore like that so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think this angle was really misguided in that they've always been much more of a lyrics-first project. So even as they try on this fresh ~new ~~wavy~ coat of paint, the focus still isn't as much on the huge sticky choruses so much as it is the emotional buildup leading up to them. The new wave doesn't really last through 12 songs but the strength of her writer's voice does, + that's what impressed me compared to a lot of other pop this year.

top peeps: Rose-Colored Boy, No Friend

Spoiler

http://www.treblezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/4-7-father-john-misty.jpg

i'm beginning to begin to see the end
of how it all goes down between me and them
some 10-verse chorus-less diatribe
plays as they all jump ship, "i used to like this guy
this new **** really kinda makes me wanna die"

49. Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

Yes this is a slog to get through in one sitting (how you gonna be longer than Lust for Life with 3 fewer songs? ? ?), BUT imo much more enjoyable than many gave it credit for. His arrangements are still hella beautiful and he's still got a lot of pertinent things to say about our world; even his  tendency of always dragging the focus back to himself hasn't worn out its charm just yet. Shorter on highlights and exciting moments ya but the prospect of meeting him halfway doesn't seem as scary now as it did when I first saw that tracklist.

And if the cover art is his shout back to Fleet Foxes s/t I silently nod in approval

top peeps: A Bigger Paper Bag. or just don't ask

Spoiler

http://thefader-res.cloudinary.com/private_images/w_760,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:best/sheer-mag-album-art_ealjdt/sheer-mag-need-to-feel-your-love.jpg

so before the world's been reduced to soot
solidarity for those underfoot
and i better remind you or you’ll surely regret
if you don’t give us the ballot, expect the bayonet

48. Sheer Mag - Need to Feel Your Love

Don't have as much to critically say about this one tbh except that they were one of my fav 2017 discoveries. They've got this blues-rock swagger which carries through the whole album but is especially super satisfying every time you start it up, and the vocalist's very, how you say... unique, styling on top of that kinda gives me Alabama Shakes fronted by Eric Cartman. Issa compliment.

top peeps: Meet Me in the Street, Can't Play It Cool

Spoiler

I definitely prefer FJM's previous two albums is all I will say. After Laughter was okay. It was also my first paramore album that I listened to from front to back so that was something. I see Sheer Mag thrown around but I still never got to them yet. 

paramore's reinvention into indiepop darlings still impresses me tbh but the signs of their pop accessibility were there from day one, looking back.

pure comedy was okay... but like u said an absolute chore and it feels like he cares more about flaunting his intelligence than he does social issues. 

https://static.stereogum.com/uploads/2017/02/Roc-Marciano-Rosebudds-Revenge-1488300712-compressed.jpg

fresh to death, they thought a ***** slept in tupperware

this the upper tier, this for the puppeteers

run your career with just the muscles in my hand
might even push your **** back but i don't cut hair
peel with the toast, melt just like a ****ing butter square
you ain't nothing but a square

you bum

47. Roc Marciano - Rosebudd's Revenge

It's funny the way a few of the skits here give me old rapper yells at cloud, because his disposition in the raps themselves is so far from man yelling at cloud. This was my first learning of him so I can't speak on how things compare to previous projects, but I hear a mix in his delivery between the gruffness of Raekwon and the hardass lyrical precision of someone like Ka (who shows up in the middle). There's a ton of banging, important hip hop coming out right now from all over the place and truss I'll get into that soon, but not much that still slaps in this classic NY sorta way, so hello let's celebrate that (this album, not the lack of others like it).

top peeps: Burkina Faso, Marksmen

Spoiler

yes Rose Colored Boy is my fav from After Laugher too! I still feel like the album is somewhat dissappointing though :'( 

• ATRL Moderator

After Laughter :clap3: RCB is definitely the best song and the No Friend shoutout :worship2:

Pure Comedy :smitten: I think its length is perfectly justified tbh and I still come back to it now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.