Glassmouth's Very Best of 2017 | Finished

Glassmouth

Aww Tonya Harding is so beautiful. I think it's great that you managed to include it!

Not familiar with You Say I'm in Love but your write-up has got me loading it up :celestial5:

Also, Frontline is that ****ing jam. Not sure if your list is one song per artist but I hope not!!!

Edited by Playa Playa

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glassmouth

• World Eater

• Lazuli

• Tom Vercetti

9 minutes ago, Playa Playa said:

Aww Tonya Harding is so beautiful. I think it's great that you managed to include it!

Not familiar with You Say I'm in Love but your write-up has got me loading it up :celestial5:

Also, Frontline is that ****ing jam. Not sure if your list is one song per artist but I hope not!!!

it's not, but i tried to not add more than 2 songs per artist tho, i wanted to showcase as much artists as possible to add some diversity :gaycat4:

2 minutes ago, Glassmouth said:

it's not, but i tried to not add more than 2 songs per artist tho, i wanted to showcase as much artists as possible to add some diversity :gaycat4:

Nice...I can't wait to see Kelela and St. Vincent appear again :gaycat3: 

"Sign of the Times" is a really beautiful song - who knew he had it in him?

5folbEw.gif

1 minute ago, Clueless said:

@Glassmouth what is that font called in the OP? I swear I've asked you this before :skull: 

I think it's called Flame or something, I literally searched 60s psychedelic font on Google and it came up :rip: I'll look for the link of the font and I'll PM you

Just now, Glassmouth said:

I think it's called Flame or something, I literally searched 60s psychedelic font on Google and it came up :rip: I'll look for the link of the font and I'll PM you

Thank you :heart2: 

Love Galore, Utopia, Dum Surfer from the first set :clap3: 

Sugarboy is my least fave on MASSEDUCATION :emofish:

SOTT, Tonya Harding :clap3:

YAAAAAAS for including Audition aka the best song from La La Land :alexz::alexz::alexz: 

It pains me to say I also kinda like Harry's song... I am not a big fan of his overall

Tonya is stunning, hope it doesn't get overlooked considering Suf released it as a standalone single :jonny: Friend Zone and Sugarboy :clap3:

Tonya Harding was a nice surprise.

Friend Zone's ones of my drunk faves :clap3:

I stanned hard for Sugarboy at first but part of its charm has worn off. Still great tho. 

Okay, I made a change of plans, I'm not posting the TOP 10 movies since I'll be waiting for Star Wars to see if it makes my list SO what I'm going to post in just a bit are 10 albums that DIDN'T make my TOP 25 of 2017, hope that's enough for today hehe 

Ela Minus es muy buena :heart2:

También amo esa canción de St. Vincent y obvio Sufjan. :clap3:

El set anterior es mucho mejor igual, con Kelela, Björk, Superorganism, SZA, King Krule y yaeji <3

5aomdyM.png

THE ONES THAT (ALMOST) MADE IT

Resultado de imagen para sampha process

Sampha Process

Process is a well constructed debut record, filled with personality and with elegant contemporany R&B tracks such as Plastic 100C and Kora Sings, Sampha creates a world that reminds us of James Blake but with a lighter and more exotic (the only word that comes to my mind) sound, he is not afraid to explore with different type of songs and if Process tells us something about this man, is that he's ready to conquer the world.

BEST TRACKS:

Kora Sings, Plastic 100C, Incomplete Kisses

Resultado de imagen para st vincent masseduction

St. Vincent MASSEDUCTION

Annie Clark's 5th album is an odd one, unlike her previous efforts Masseduction goes in almost every direction her career has gone since the very start, taking influence from her self-titled with crazy David Byrne-ian moments, a bit of orchestras and violin arrangements and adding to it some crazy pop bops like Pills and Fear the Future and while at times it might sound unfocused, Masseduction is rich in sounds and ideas. It can be overwhelming but that's how I like Annie.

BEST TRACKS:

Pills, Los Ageless, Masseduction, Sugarboy

Resultado de imagen para I See You the xx

The xx I See You

I See You is The xx's third album and like a lot of hit indie bands The xx had to prove themselves with this new record and they do it in the right way, taking influence from Jamie xx's solo work adding a more dance-y and elegant pop feeling to the already known The xx-nian sound that sounds like a success in tracks like Lips and Dangerous.

BEST TRACKS:

On Hold, Lips, I Dare You

Resultado de imagen para los campesinos! sick scene

Los Campesinos! Sick Scenes

Los Campesinos! brand of indie rock is infectious and happy, one of the best joy rides I've had with an album this year.

BEST TRACKS:

A Slow, Slow Death, The Fall of Home, Sad Suppers

Resultado de imagen para vagabond infinite worlds

Vagabon Infinite Worlds

Vagabon's debut record is nostalgic, sad, spacey and hard-hitting, Ms Tamko creates her own kind of songs moving her voice as if every single word was stolen from her own heart, it truly is moving.

BEST TRACKS:

Cleaning House, Alive and A Well, Cold Apartment

Resultado de imagen para pixx the age of anxiety

Pixx The Age of Anxiety

This is an indie pop album that sounds serious but at its core just wants to have fun, with songs such as Everything is Weird in America and Waterslides, Pixx manages to both create indie pop songs that sound like stuff you've never heard before but without sounding too out-there or too 'experimental', she found a perfect balance.

BEST TRACKS:

Everything is Weird in America, I Bow Down, Waterslides

Resultado de imagen para pure comedy father john misty

Father John Misty Pure Comedy

It took me probably 3 listens to understand and click with this record sonically, but he does it, lyrically this album is gorgeous taking the ironic side we all know from our Daddy John Misty and working them and extending it, he truly is the hipster he jokes and mocks about and we love that.

BEST TRACKS:

Pure Comedy, So I'm Growing Old in Magic Mountain, Leaving LA

Resultado de imagen para kelly lee owens kelly lee owens

Kelly Lee Owens Kelly Lee Owens

Producer and singer Kelly Lee Owens drowns us in her deep-house influenced sounds with some odes that sound like a Massive Attack hit waiting to happen and other songs that sound as if they were recorded underwater, Kelly Lee Owens is an excellent starting point, it's refined, it's complete and it's focused.

BEST TRACKS:

Lucid, Anxi., Keep Walking

Resultado de imagen para thundercat drunk

Thundercat Drunk

Thundercat's Drunk is marvelous, the record helps itself having short tracks but honestly even if they were long they would still be enjoyable, with features such as Kendrick Lamar it's almost impossible to make a bad record.

BEST TRACKS:

Friendzone, Them Changes, Lava Lamp

Resultado de imagen para sound of ceres the twin

Sound of Ceres The Twin

Sound of Cere's sophomore record is a lot more experimental than their debut but the duo creates an atmosphere within it, this album is overwhelming and dense, tracks like The Twin and Humaniora also prove how they are able to create experimental dream pop and how they succeed at it too. 

BEST TRACKS:

The Twin, Gemini Scenic, Humaniora

Yes to all of these :clap3: Only a few actually made my list aswell but they were all pretty good :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Pixx and Annie desereved more!

MASSEDUCTION, I See You and Sick Scenes should've made it :'(:'(:'( 

Process is nice :clap3: 

Pure Comedy is pure trash :sick: 

22 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

Pure Comedy is pure trash :sick: 

I thought it was boring at first but I love it now, it's not the album you listen on replay but it's a really satisfying listen imo 

whew come thru with taste :jonny:

Pure Comedy is very polarizing imo and I can't sit through too many listens but I think that's kind of what he was going for in a way

Drunk is so underrated :chick3:

you sold the vagabon album pretty well I will have to check it

The xx album was trash. I tried to like it, like literally force myself to like it but it just annoyed me for some reason. Especially Say Something Loving.

Yaaaaasssss @ Audition :jonny4: I cry at it every time :cries:

Utopia is cute but not one of my faves on the album :flower: Frontline grew on me :jamming:

Sugarboy is way too low :emofish: Masseduction missing the top 25 :jonny: your standouts tho :clap3:

oh wow.. almost all of it is serving 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

my kind of honorable album mentions

artangels

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.