Update: Best Selling Digital Songs (US)

Chaos Angel

• ATRL Moderator
28 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

Updated.

4,954,000Kelly Clarkson - "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7957889/ask-billboard-kelly-clarksons-career-sales-wild-thoughts-about

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fossora

• Chaos Angel

• Yog

• erianoillim

33 minutes ago, Yog said:

Where’s stay with me, it’s literally 7xP

I believe this is US pure sales.

Most recent number I could find is 4.1M (June 26, 2015). I doubt it has sold 3M since.

Sam Smith, In the Lonely Hour – No. 15 — Sam Smith’s debut full-length album, In the Lonely Hour, celebrates its one-year anniversary on the Billboard 200. It debuted on the July 5, 2014-dated list at No. 2 — its peak (so far). The album has sold 1.98 million copies in the U.S. through June 21. Since its debut, it has yet to sell less than 10,000 copies in a week, and has consistently been among the week’s top 30 sellers. Smith's album has churned out mega-selling hits like “Stay With Me” (4.1 million downloads sold) and “I’m Not the Only One” (2.3 million). Collectively, Smith’s songs from Hour have sold 9.2 million.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6612876/alanis-morissette-jagged-little-pill-chart-moves

2 minutes ago, HeWon'tGo said:

believe this is US pure sales.

Most recent number I could find is 4.1M (June 26, 2015). I doubt it has sold 3M since.

But it’s WW pure sales are literally 8M, there’s has to be something we’re missing here.

3 minutes ago, Yog said:

But it’s WW pure sales are literally 8M, there’s has to be something we’re missing here.

So you think that 7M out of its 8M WW sales come from the US? This is US pure sales

It's probably around 4.5M, not enough.

Edited by Chaos Angel

Just now, Chaos Angel said:

So you think that 7M out of its 8M WW sales come from the US? This is US pure sales

It's probably around 4.5M, not enough.

No.. I’m saying he’s probably around 5 or 6.

1 minute ago, Yog said:

Maybe, but unfortunately I can't add it until I get an official source.

5 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

Maybe, but unfortunately I can't add it until I get an official source.

And that perfectly fine, I wish he would certify his songs considering SWM is literally diamond (Sps).. ugh so frustrating.

Edited by Yog

On 28/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, Thuggin said:

I' never understood how BR had 6M from streaming anyway. Its Spotify and YouTube stats are good for a 2009 song but they're not THAT amazing.

It was mostly certified with YouTube/Vevo WW views along with many others songs.

On 15/2/2018 at 4:32 PM, Jay-Zicario said:

When Bad Romance was certified Diamond they moslty used YouTube/Vevo views. 

Here is Billboard's article that explains this better: 

Bieber's song "Baby" featuring Ludacris becomes the highest-certified single in history now that the RIAA incorporates on-demand streaming numbers into its Gold and Platinum certifications for digital singles. Elton John's double-sided hit "Candle in the Wind"/"Something About the Way You Look Tonight" was previously the top song in history with a certification of 11-times platinum all the way back in 1997. Bieber's "Baby," which has 3.9 million track sales and over 857 million views on Vevo, is now 12-times platinum.

According to Kworb in May 2013 Baby had 864M views. Source

And that means that they used YouTube/Vevo Worldwide views to certificated the song in USA. 

That was so fraudulent to use WW views when they should have use US views only. :toofunny3:

The same happened with Bad Romance, Love The Way You Lie and many other songs.

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/1562681/justin-biebers-baby-with-new-streaming-data-beats-out

On 29/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, Arthoe said:

When the RIAA introduced the SPS certification, the also included the streaming figures from then popular (but now defunct or forgotten) streaming sites like MTV.com, Napster, Rhapsody, Xbox Music etc. :)

The other platforms barely produce streams in comparison.

Baby Had 42M streams in August 2015 on Spotify. Now Imagine May 2013 (around 10M possibly).

http://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=830023

Edited by Jay-Zicario

Rihanna got one entry and it's a featuring :dies:

Gaga :jonny4:

Katy and Adele :eek: - the true digital forces

2 hours ago, Yog said:

no. he was at 4.5m when Too Good At Goodbyes came out

9 minutes ago, Little Dark Age said:

no. he was at 4.5m when Too Good At Goodbyes came out

Damn.

Sam is a good/decent single seller at best than, albums is where he shines.

He may snatch Hozier’s TMTC

Edited by Yog

Where's Shake It Off? It passed 5M even earlier than Thinking Out Loud. :-*

And You Belong With Me is closed or possibly passed 5M mark too. The last figure we got was at 4.8M+ but that was a few years ago :jonny5:

Edited by Coklek92

10 hours ago, Yog said:

5M is possible, but with the way sales are dying, it's probably around 4.6M like Chaos Angel said.

US iTunes:

195. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling.

That can’t be more than 100 copies a week?

But it’s still widening the gap. Where’s RITD?

2 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

US iTunes:

195. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling.

That can’t be more than 100 copies a week?

But it’s still widening the gap. Where’s RITD?

212: Rolling In The Deep 

All it needs is Adeles next lead to surpass IGF tbh 

Katy wasn't playing back then :jonny5:

I thought Tik Tok was the best selling digital single? Or was that WW? I swear I read it somewhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.