Billboard Charts (September 24-30, 2017)

iHype.

5 hours ago, Invader said:

Wow the number ones this year have been very urban 

It's urban season

:gaycat1:

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Pacaveli

• simmnfierzig

• Mr. Adele

14 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Noo!! We need the charts to be fluid again. After the same song was #1 for 16 weeks (4 months). :rip:

#1’s this year:

1) Starboy (1 week)

2) Black Beatles (1 week in 2017, 6 in 2016)

3) Bad and Boujee (3 weeks)

4) Shape of You (#1 debut, 12 weeks)

5) Humble (1 week)

6) That’s What I Like (1 week)

7) I’m the One (#1 debut, 1 week)

8) Despacito (16 weeks)

9) Look What You Made Me Do (3 weeks)

10) Bodak Yellow (1 week, so far)

Blocked songs, #2’s:

I Don’t Wanna Love Forever, Wild Thoughts, rockstar (3)

So far we’ve had 10 #1’s this year, but we’ve also had 5 different 1-week #1’s this year, coincidentally we’ve had the longest charting song tied with Mariah, and then a 12 week #1. With our average few week #1’s. I hope we end up with 15 at least this year, I think we only had 10 last year? :flower:

"Starboy" and "Black Beatles" were #1s last year :deadbanana3: That BB calendar is a disgusting mess.

11 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Then there is always the first woman to rap on a #1 BB Hot 100 hit, 36 years ago

Debbie Harry

fab 5 freddy told me everybody's fly...

DJ's spinning I said my my.

An innovator

But she's given the kesha/fergie treatment as it not really being a rap song. 

Rapture remains a classic

I honestly think we are going to have many #1 songs from male and female hip hop over the next year or two but I want some r&b jams as well. Too bad r&b is the pits right now.

giphy.gif

Early Top 20 Predictions.

1. Bodak Yellow (=) **2nd week**

2. Look What You Made Me Do (+1) 

3. 1-800-273-8255 (+1) 

4. rockstar (-2) 

5. Despacito (=) 

6. Feel It Still (+4) 

7. Rake It Up (+1) 

8. Unforgettable (-2) 

9. Believer (-2) 

10. Slow Hands (+1)

11. Attention (-2) 

12. Sorry Not Sorry (+3) 

13. Strip That Down (=) 

14. Wild Thoughts (-2) 

15. Too Good At Goodbyes (+1) 

16. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (-2) 

17. Bank Account (=) 

18. What Lovers Do (+5) 

19. Thunder (+11) 

20. I Get That Bag (+2) 

Edited by ARTPØP

QueenofCopyPaste
30 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Then there is always the first woman to rap on a #1 BB Hot 100 hit, 36 years ago

Debbie Harry

But that aint a rap song..in totality isnt it? 

the black excellence in the top 2

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

36 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

"Starboy" and "Black Beatles" were #1s last year :deadbanana3: That BB calendar is a disgusting mess.

Starboy was #1 for the first official billboard week of 2017. Black Beatles is a 2016 #1 though. The chart is only like 2 weeks ahead, not messy by any means.

7 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

Starboy was #1 for the first official billboard week of 2017. Black Beatles is a 2016 #1 though. The chart is only like 2 weeks ahead, not messy by any means.

What? "Starboy" reached #1 like the first week of December :toofunny2: How is that 2017? BB remains a mess. People should just acknowledge "Bad And Boujee" as the first #1 of 2017, tbh...

5 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

What? "Starboy" reached #1 like the first week of December :toofunny2: How is that 2017? BB remains a mess. People should just acknowledge "Bad And Boujee" as the first #1 of 2017, tbh...

Umm... it was announced on the 12/27/2016, not the first week of December. Only 4 days prior to 2017. And was listed as the #1 officially starting 01/07/2017. Billboard doesn't change their tracking schedule and keeps it consistent other than when they changed the tracking a few years ago. Once again, not messy by any means :lmao:   

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7633336/hot-100-the-weeknd-starboy-daft-punk-hits-number-one

Bank Account down to #17 :noparty:

Crew top 50 :clap3:

butterflysupreme
51 minutes ago, Mario N' Brit said:

the black excellence in the top 2

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

Post Malone is white...

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

An innovator

I honestly think we are going to have many #1 songs from male and female hip hop over the next year or two but I want some r&b jams as well. Too bad r&b is the pits right now.

giphy.gif

a r&b #1? that person has to be like Alicia Keys reincarnated cuz nobody cares about that genre

Edited by FutureHive

42 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

85. BTS - DNA (NEW)

14,000 sales
5,300,000 streams

@simmnfierzig Didn't you say they had no chance of charting on the Hot 100? :skull:

No?

I said very very early in the week that it seemed unlikely to me. After I saw the video numbers I quickly changed that. Actually had them at #70 in my predictions starting Friday

Hot 100 Dropouts

5VEnAwE.png

Hot 100 Video Version

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

An innovator

giphy.gif

I am screaming at you mentioning Rapture :lmao: 

edit;m: oops, you too @ChartsFan

Edited by Chemical X.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Debbie Harry

3 hours ago, slw84 said:

An innovator

giphy.gif

deceased, not rapture nn

Contrary to belief, Cardi is not the first Dominican to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. I saw an article on that earlier. Not sure where they got that info from.

Juelz Santana, who is half Dominican as well, was the first Dominican to reach #1 when his feature on Chris Brown's "Run It" topped the chart in 2005. This would make Cardi the first Dominican female to reach #1, or the 2nd Dominican overall.

Fun facts. ::cm:

Edited by SavagePapi

2 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

I am screaming at you mentioning Rapture :lmao: 

edit;m: oops, you too @ChartsFan

57 minutes ago, Yndda said:

deceased, not rapture nn

They didn't lie

Billboard also mentioned "Rapture" as the first Rap song #1 in the article when Fancy reached #1:

Azalea additionally becomes only the fourth solo female rapper ever to top the Hot 100. Lauryn Hill was the first, having taken her debut solo hit "Doo Wop (That Thing)" to No. 1 for two weeks in November 1998. (She had first made her mark with the Fugees.) In 2001, Lil' Kim led for five weeks with Christina Aguilera, Mya and P!nk on "Lady Marmalade," while Shawnna assisted Ludacris on "Stand Up," which topped the Dec. 6, 2003, chart.

(Honorable mention to Blondie, who, led by frontwoman Debbie Harry, is widely regarded as scoring the Hot 100's first rap No. 1, "Rapture," in 1981.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6099390/iggy-azalea-tops-hot-100-fancy-matches-beatles

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Green said:

They didn't lie

Billboard also mentioned "Rapture" as the first Rap song #1 in the article when Fancy reached #1:

Azalea additionally becomes only the fourth solo female rapper ever to top the Hot 100. Lauryn Hill was the first, having taken her debut solo hit "Doo Wop (That Thing)" to No. 1 for two weeks in November 1998. (She had first made her mark with the Fugees.) In 2001, Lil' Kim led for five weeks with Christina Aguilera, Mya and P!nk on "Lady Marmalade," while Shawnna assisted Ludacris on "Stand Up," which topped the Dec. 6, 2003, chart.

(Honorable mention to Blondie, who, led by frontwoman Debbie Harry, is widely regarded as scoring the Hot 100's first rap No. 1, "Rapture," in 1981.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6099390/iggy-azalea-tops-hot-100-fancy-matches-beatles

I just take "rapture" for more of a new wave-y song but eh. not gonna play genre semantics :rip:

Billboard doesn't even know their own chart history. Queen Pen was the first "solo" female rapper to get a number one. (1996)

Funny how they want to count shawnna even tho she had no verse on stand up, but don't acknowledge Remy ma. 

The single literally says ft. Fat joe & Remy Ma. (2004)

iggy was not the 4th. But 6th. 

Technically 7th since the single version of no scrubs says ft. Left eye. 

16 minutes ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Billboard doesn't even know their own chart history. Queen Pen was the first "solo" female rapper to get a number one. (1996)

Funny how they want to count shawnna even tho she had no verse on stand up, but don't acknowledge Remy ma. 

The single literally says ft. Fat joe & Remy Ma. (2004)

iggy was not the 4th. But 6th. 

Technically 7th since the single version of no scrubs says ft. Left eye. 

However, the single is officially credited to Terror Squad, much like how "BedRock" is credited to Young Money featuring Lloyd.

71. Gucci Gang (+10)

Keep an eye on this...

T5 Solo #1s this decade:

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Shake it Off

Blank Space

Look What You Made Me Do

Stronger

T5 Collabs: Bad Blood

S&M

Closer

We Are Young