HDD: Sam 75k sales; 14 million streams

QueenofCopyPaste

QueenofCopyPaste

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1649378203.jpg

FIRST WEEK FIGURES ON "GOODBYES"

"Too Good at Goodbyes," the new single from Capitol's Sam Smith, is looking at about 75k in single sales in its first week, and 12-14m streams, or about 160-170k song SPS. 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308325

QueenofCopyPaste

numbers are quite low, HDD may be underestimating them

It seems HDD was burnt by predicting Taylor debuting with 550k in her first week, so now they are downplaying Sam's numbers. No way he is doing under 100k in sales.

3 minutes ago, Agenor said:

It seems HDD was burnt by predicting Taylor debuting with 550k in her first week, so now they are downplaying Sam's numbers. No way he is doing under 100k in sales.

Or they are again just doing predictions based on the first day and a "average" 6 days after that based on the first day and ignore that Sam is a lot more stable than Taylor was

It's so weird that they are so bad at estimating singles

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

It's so weird that they are so bad at estimating singles

They're just bad in general.

afidahimwzxai.gif

16 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Weren't Taylor's predictions high because they did not account for the hundreds of thousands of preorders made?

OT: I would have thought he would have hit 100k at least O.o

20 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Gurl..please tell me this isn't the right number?

35 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Or they are again just doing predictions based on the first day and a "average" 6 days after that based on the first day and ignore that Sam is a lot more stable than Taylor was

But they should have Nielsen numbers for the first 4 days since they are making their first predictions on Tuesday. :huh:

Or the sales really plummeted in just a week. It's really strange.

24 minutes ago, Swirl900 said:

Weren't Taylor's predictions high because they did not account for the hundreds of thousands of preorders made?

No, they came out with 550k predictions on the second day of tracking based on 190k that LWYMMD sold on its first day. The 420k was the number of sales before the pre-orders were deducted.

26 minutes ago, Lil Brush said:

Gurl..please tell me this isn't the right number?

The numbers seem very low, I think they are saving their face with downplayed numbers.

30 minutes ago, Swirl900 said:

No. And 70k was counted off of the total for LWYMMD, not 150k+.

And yeah HDD clearly downplaying this, they dont wanna screw up again.

Yeah this seems low. At least they're not overestimating like they did with Tays lead.

Still amazing if the estimates become reality. He's back. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.