HDD: Reputation could sell 3.4 million copies first week

Hector

ADELEITIS? Late Thursday evening (8/25), Taylor Swift launched the first ICBM in her fall offensive with “Look What You Made Me Do,” the lead single for her 11/10 album reputation. The acceptance at radio on the provocative song has been overwhelming, the early streaming numbers have been record-setting and first-week sales are projected to be comparable to Taylor’s biggest hits—meaning the track appears to have more than enough muscle to debut at #1. Now that the project is in motion, there’s a growing belief that Taylor has nothing less than Adele’s seemingly unbeatable first-week U.S. record of 3.4m in her sights. There’s no question that she’s going to evaluate the situation in minute detail in an effort to determine what is needed to attain the prize. Can the Target exclusive give her the physical muscle to challenge Adele, whose number was all sales and zero streams outside of “Hello”? Taylor will surely make her upcoming album streamable on all the services if she concludes that she has a shot. This super-sharp, ultra-competitive megastar is already in her war room, ready to press whatever buttons are required to enable her to hit her target. 

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308127

ATRL and social media tried, but Taylor Swift is more loved than ever by the American public.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterstyles13

• Lil Brush

• blackbeatxx

• Quaithe

I'm glad this is HDD saying and not Taylor's :toofunny3: 

They need to stop with the fake hype no one snatch Adele at this point

I hope she can get 1M+ first week :duca:

Edited by Emperor

There's no chance she will reach those numbers, Taylor's fanbase is huge but Adele's demography goes from teens to old people so I find it hard to believe she could do those numbers.

Mess, the first time they said this, I thought they were just being silly, but now I think they're serious. :rip:

She might not even make it to 1m if she's on AM and Spotify. HDD needs to stop 

Adele has that record forever. 

I think people forget that, she's not not just gonna have amazing sales and then amazing streams on top of that.

The streams will come at the cost of sales.

They're setting her up just to be able to say she failed to do something. 

Anything north of 700k with SPS the fans will consider great. 

• ATRL Moderator

All these double posts :rip:

It's not realistic

I've learned to stop underestimating her, so we will see. Anything can happen in the next couple of months.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Kim Kardashian said:

I think people forget that, she's not not just gonna have amazing sales and then amazing streams on top of that.

The streams will come at the cost of sales.

She may do what Adele did and just have the singles available to stream

She has another 1 million, first week seller for sure. That's 100% sure. Now, i can't see it surpassing the 1.5 m - UNLESS that mad genius decides to do Tour Bundles and make it streamable first week. Then we'll probably have a sales armageddon

Um, no.

Stop setting her up to fail, please.

Destroy me legends! 

It'll just be the deluxe that's a Target exclusive. You can pre-order the album on WalMart and stuff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.