Billboard Charts (August 27 - September 2, 2017)

iHype.

Just now, americanlife said:

Does Bodak have any chance at getting #1 or will she peak at #2?

she won't hit 1 and #2 peak isn't also 100%

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• UNNAMI

• butterflysupreme

• QueenofCopyPaste

On 2.09.2017 at 1:32 AM, UNNAMI said:

sweetie, please don't be blind for love for you faves. in Poland or probably whole Europe if you ask random people on street "name 3 mariah carey songs" no one will list OSD. like I am in 99% sure of that. even if you ask for 5 mariah songs they won't list OSD. not when Without You, Hero, All I Want for Xmas, We Belong Together exists. IN poland even her cover of I Want to Know What Love Is is more popular than OSD. Many of her songs got some airplay in a year but OSD wasn't played here like since like never.

The thing is that if you ask in Poland for Mariah, the first song that will come into mind will be AIWFCIY, and that's it. People don't know titles of her songs to be honest and I am sure it happens not only in Poland...

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

Does Bodak have any chance at getting #1 or will she peak at #2?

Not this week but she has a chance in the future. 

18 minutes ago, 666 said:

where is the new taylor song going to debut

It already debuted in the 70s and is expected to rise to #1 next week.

Also here for Alessia getting her 4th Top 10 hit :duca: 

Edited by GenieBaby

2 minutes ago, GenieBaby said:

It already debuted in the 70s and is expected to rise to #1 next week.

i mean the brand new one :-*

4 minutes ago, 666 said:

i mean the brand new one :-*

oh :skull: I think it's way too early to tell. Judging by it's huge gap on iTunes already it'll sell around 150-300k copies as well and if streaming numbers are good (which is most likely going to be the case) it can debut somewhere in the bottom half of the Top 10, a top 5 seems possible as well at this point.

Edited by GenieBaby

20 hours ago, Toxic_Lover said:

Is it official if Taylor is going number 1 or...?

Yes with sales alone she could’ve. 

On 3/9/2017 at 3:05 PM, simmnfierzig said:

Probably tomorrow, with it being a holiday.

But won't be many changes anyway. 

great, thanks!!

23 hours ago, hot mess said:

pretentious

reggaeton just gets a bad rap because it's mostly non white people making it

Maybe in the US.

In Latin America reggaeton is widely considered vulgar and very low-quality music. It exploded back in 2004-2005 mainly because it became "trendy" and "viral" then it died down and suddenly came back because it has been watered down with pop/hiphop beats driven by teen idols such as Maluma, J Balvin and other random Justin Bieber ripoffs.

We don't claim it. Just to make sure.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Maybe in the US.

In Latin America reggaeton is widely considered vulgar and very low-quality music. It exploded back in 2004-2005 mainly because it became "trendy" and "viral" then it died down and suddenly came back because it has been watered down with pop/hiphop beats driven by teen idols such as Maluma, J Balvin and other random Justin Bieber ripoffs.

it's considered ghetto "urban" music

21 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Maybe in the US.

no wonder I didn't like it.

2 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

Maybe in the US.

This. I'm actually surprised to see non-Spanish speakers praising reggaeton songs. It's considered bad, close to trash music in Spain. :lmao: 

We’re going to get the article tomorrow guys, it’s Labor Day here.

Edited by Mattyboy

I can see why the article is delayed a day with Labor Day, but not the charts themselves. Why can't BB go ahead and post those on Tuesday too?

On 9/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, butterflysupreme said:

She isn't going number one no matter what happens.

Yeah, 3 or 4 depending on Despacito's rate of decline. 

Why is LWYMMD's airplay numbers going down so early? Is that normal?

4 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

Maybe in the US.

Still pretentious and still racist, so idk what point you're supposed to be making.

36 minutes ago, Clauss said:

When the chart comes out? Or is it a Holiday in america?

Labor Day

4 hours ago, MexicanLiLMonster said:

Why is LWYMMD's airplay numbers going down so early? Is that normal?

Rolling effect. It's normal 

5 hours ago, Raguabros said:

Still pretentious and still racist, so idk what point you're supposed to be making.

Nothing racist about setting the record straight on that crap. The fact that all reggeatoneros lack a legacy and are only good for as long as their quick lil single is a hit doesn't help either.

6 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

I can see why the article is delayed a day with Labor Day, but not the charts themselves. Why can't BB go ahead and post those on Tuesday too?

I think BB tries to build anticipation...they wanna gush about Taylor slaying "Despacito" and halting it from getting the record outright.

They want the article and chart release to coincide at the same time. Guess they don't trust the underlings who have to work on the holiday to write a good article. :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Letters From Adi said:

no wonder I didn't like it.

so you don't like it because other pretentious gays and racists look down on it :toofunny2:

even though they listen to other trashy music like Alesia cara :toofunny2: 

8 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

This. I'm actually surprised to see non-Spanish speakers praising reggaeton songs. It's considered bad, close to trash music in Spain. :lmao: 

I am a Spanish speaker... and everyone knows Spaniards are racist as hell towards Latin Americans :toofunny2:

6 hours ago, Raguabros said:

Exactly 

and hypocritical too because they love trashy pop girls :toofunny2: 

49 minutes ago, Bad Liar said:

Nothing racist about setting the record straight on that crap. The fact that all reggeatoneros lack a legacy and are only good for as long as their quick lil single is a hit doesn't help either.

Daddy yankee has a bigger legacy that most overrated pretentious pop "artists" gays love like Thalia and Paulina

1 hour ago, hot mess said:

so you don't like it because other pretentious gays and racists look down on it :toofunny2:

even though they listen to other trashy music like Alesia cara :toofunny2: 

I don't like it because I find the production annoying.