Billboard Charts (August 27 - September 2, 2017)

iHype.

On 31/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, swissman said:

Anyway, congrats to Despacito.
I absolutely love that in this xenophobic, anti-latinx climate, the song that ties this record is a Spanish one.

It also kind of reveals America's love of other cultures when it's for the benefit of themselves, but a pushback to welcome those cultures into their own when it benefits individuals from that culture. I'm not saying all of America is like this though, just what the President is putting forth regarding the wall and all his awful comments about "bad hombres" and all that.

As someone who lives in Spain,

(And being latin or not is another discussion, since latin could refer to Mediterranean countries but also hispanic or south american, which could be considered Hispanic if we want to refer to all south america except Brazil plus Spain, but that's another topic)

I've observed over the last couple of years regaeton, which isn't originary from here, (but thanks to shared language) has took over the clubs and people in general, and many of us hate it, regaeton is a very generic genre, all the songs have the same f***ing rythym, the same 3 or 4 chord progression and the lyrics just use the simplest metaphors.

This music takes little atention to listen to and it shows how people are getting more stupid, and the lyrics tend to be machist. It even has been proposed to limit the amount of regaeton played on clubs, radio, etc...

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• UNNAMI

• butterflysupreme

• QueenofCopyPaste

5 hours ago, GabrielLavigne said:

Havana is coming :flame:

I really hope it does, one of my fave songs this year 

6 hours ago, danxc33 said:

(And being latin or not is another discussion, since latin could refer to Mediterranean countries but also hispanic or south american, which could be considered Hispanic if we want to refer to all south america except Brazil plus Spain, but that's another topic)

I've observed over the last couple of years regaeton, which isn't originary from here, (but thanks to shared language) has took over the clubs and people in general, and many of us hate it, regaeton is a very generic genre, all the songs have the same f***ing rythym, the same 3 or 4 chord progression and the lyrics just use the simplest metaphors.

This music takes little atention to listen to and it shows how people are getting more stupid, and the lyrics tend to be machist. It even has been proposed to limit the amount of regaeton played on clubs, radio, etc...

nobody is getting more stupid, people always loved music that is easy to listen to.

Edited by Mr.Fenty

On 31.08.2017 at 8:27 PM, swissman said:

Anyway, congrats to Despacito.
I absolutely love that in this xenophobic, anti-latinx climate, the song that ties this record is a Spanish one.

It also kind of reveals America's love of other cultures when it's for the benefit of themselves, but a pushback to welcome those cultures into their own when it benefits individuals from that culture. I'm not saying all of America is like this though, just what the President is putting forth regarding the wall and all his awful comments about "bad hombres" and all that.

it's interesting to see how the whole top 10 is probably the most diverse we've ever seen despite all the xenophobic attitude in the US

Congratulate to VOTF being the floppest single for Bruno:dancehall2:

2 hours ago, Yanko said:

where is rake it up on hot 100? 

50 minutes ago, Green said:

#10.

Edited by Pacaveli

3 hours ago, templeloser said:

When it's one of his best songs :rip: 

38 minutes ago, andthenwekiss said:

@simmnfierzig were the updated predictions the final ones or are the final coming today? 

Probably tomorrow, with it being a holiday.

But won't be many changes anyway. 

14 hours ago, danxc33 said:

On 2/9/2017 at 9:54 AM, Green said:

Now that Demi is doing good on streaming, radio doesn't want to support her :deadbanana2: 

MTE :!ohno:

Oh no, cardi might not get a chance at #1 if the new Taylor song takes off.

tumblr_mm8izoLrov1qd8zg3o1_250.gif

16 hours ago, danxc33 said:

pretentious

all pop music requires little attention and is simple

reggaeton just gets a bad rap because it's mostly non white people making it

butterflysupreme
6 hours ago, templeloser said:

It's what she deserves.gif

butterflysupreme
11 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Oh no, cardi might not get a chance at #1 if the new Taylor song takes off.

She isn't going number one no matter what happens.

2 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

She isn't going number one no matter what happens.

Well hopefully she hits #2 at least but if not I guess top 3 will suffice

Is it official if Taylor is going number 1 or...?

5 minutes ago, Toxic_Lover said:

Is it official if Taylor is going number 1 or...?

She def will...

1 hour ago, hot mess said:

pretentious

all pop music requires little attention and is simple

reggaeton just gets a bad rap because it's mostly non white people making it

Pop music may be simple as well but still way more varied musically and lyricaly, that's all I ask regaeton to be, so I don't see what's pretentious about it

Just now, danxc33 said:

Pop music may be simple as well but still way more varied musically and lyricaly, that's all I ask regaeton to be, so I don't see what's pretentious about it

Pop music is a broad genre that borrows from millions of genres while reggaeton is a very specific regional genre

and reggaeton has variety also. U can't say hips don't lie and despacito and gasolina sound the same