Billboard Charts (August 27 - September 2, 2017)

iHype.

19 minutes ago, alexis said:

She didn't 

1v0ilw.gif

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• UNNAMI

• butterflysupreme

• QueenofCopyPaste

6 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

I got a lot more info. Full Hot 100, streaming songs chart, kworb put up a new sales prediction and we got more streaming numbers. 

Logic song and Humble got a way bigger boost than I first thought and it's just really stupid close in that range there...

oh, ok. hopefully it enters the top 15 next week :rip: 

Suddenly, after few unexpected listens to Bodak Yellow I'm in LOVE with this song. It always happens to me that I don't like something at the beginning, being the opposite to the rest of people then I change my mind. Slay Cardi. :jonny3:

1 hour ago, URBAN said:

The solo female rapper track being blocked from #1 curse continues. :dies:

right. Work It #2 for a record 10 weeks, Anaconda #2 despite huge streams and soon to be Bodak Yellow. Any others?

@simmnfierzig what's the radio AI you're using for Despacito and BY? could BY be #2 this week if Despacito keeps free falling?

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Seems like Bodak Yellow will be ahead of Despacito in 12 days anyway. So even if Taylor somehow collapses insanely hard 2nd week, Despacito wouldn't be back. 

Bodak Yellow just needs to be discounted and promoted somewhere once taylor starts to stabliize like in two weeks or so and it might have a shot.

HEY5V8p.gif

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

c'mon Luis, release Shakira remix of Despacito and then Urban mix with Rihanna and DJ Khaled :gaycat1::cm:

no need to be desperate. He already promo'd the song and now feels the need to continue to do it even though kids are back in or about to go back to school which means in radio's ways summer is essentially over and there's no need to push his summer song

Despacito is losing 3M radio audience daily. Today he lost 3.5M in two weeks he'll dropped 30-40M in audience.

Who cares about a summer song in September when it feels like summer is over?

Good luck to him...get as many coins as you can cuz this might be your livin' la vida loca

HEY5V8p.gif

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

1v0ilw.gif

Britney's Piece of me deserved top 10 for at least a week. Oh wellz

1 hour ago, Mannequin.Dummy said:

Justice for Missy's "Work It" tbh. 

Queen of #2 classics.

Surpasssing Eve's let me blow ya mind

Bodak might not be able to reach 10 weeks at #2 though with a new Eminem single soon to arrive

HEY5V8p.gif

6 hours ago, cdschart said:

right. Work It #2 for a record 10 weeks, Anaconda #2 despite huge streams and soon to be Bodak Yellow. Any others?

Anaconda really only had two big weeks, although one of those big weeks was behind the SIO debut. I'd say Super Bass and Starships are most definitely Nicki Minaj's biggest hits, as they had much more longevity and sold much better (with similar total overall streaming figures over time).

So if Taylor starts to plummet Despacito could creep itself back to #1.  Wouldnt be 17 executive weeks but thy would break the tie and officially become 1.  I hope this scenario doesn't because Despacito is trash.  It was a cute bop before the remix, now its just trash. 

5 hours ago, cdschart said:

@simmnfierzig what's the radio AI you're using for Despacito and BY? could BY be #2 this week if Despacito keeps free falling?

There's a HUGE gap in WW YT views. Admittedly, Despacito is far more global, but its WW 15.6 M day/119.7 M W v. BY's 2.7 day/19.9 M W is still a ton of ground to try and gain. Despacito also has over 2X AI, and 0.2878 v. 0.1393 give huge advantages to Despacito. Yes, AI will keep coming down, but BY's only advantage right now is ODS.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, simmnfierzig said:

Yes

How long can Back Road hang around the Top 20? T 25? T 30? T 40?, T 50/H 100? I want it to run the table at least in the T 40 because I think it'll make the 2017 H 100 YE T 10 if it can hold up. AC and HAC are still hanging onto the song, which should help some.

7 hours ago, infrared said:

mariah WON

Mariah TIED lol.

12 hours ago, Hurem said:

Do Jimmy Fallon performaces have any effect on iTunes? :eli: 

He will stabilize on ITunes to keep his song from declining. This will help him reach 3 M sooner, maybe ultimately 3.5 M, and will put him WAY in the lead over SOY for EOY sales and streaming. SOY will probably get the 2017 YE H 100 #1 Song due to its airplay lead, but Despacito will almost certainly get the 2018 BB SOTY honor at the 2018 BBMAs due to the different tracking period (early April-end of March). SOY will get a nomination though, and Despacito should finish at 2/3 for 2017.

30 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Anaconda really only had two big weeks, although one of those big weeks was behind the SIO debut. I'd say Super Bass and Starships are most definitely Nicki Minaj's biggest hits, as they had much more longevity and sold much better (with similar total overall streaming figures over time).

well of course, the fact that those are bigger is pretty obvious. we were just talking about #2 solo female rap songs specifically.

23 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

There's a HUGE gap in WW YT views. Admittedly, Despacito is far more global, but its WW 15.6 M day/119.7 M W v. BY's 2.7 day/19.9 M W is still a ton of ground to try and gain. Despacito also has over 2X AI, and 0.2878 v. 0.1393 give huge advantages to Despacito. Yes, AI will keep coming down, but BY's only advantage right now is ODS.

what do WW YouTube views have to do with the Hot 100? For the current US tracking week LWYMD is far and away at #1 on YT with 30,357,433 with BY currently #2 with 12,643,134 and ahead of Despacito's 12,598,536 at #3. Also if things keep going the same way, the AI difference will not still be 2X at the end of the week. Also on Apple Music BY is #3 while Despacito is #40 and on Spotify BY is #6 while Despacito combined is around #13-15.

13 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

He will stabilize on ITunes to keep his song from declining. This will help him reach 3 M sooner, maybe ultimately 3.5 M, and will put him WAY in the lead over SOY for EOY sales and streaming. SOY will probably get the 2017 YE H 100 #1 Song due to its airplay lead, but Despacito will almost certainly get the 2018 BB SOTY honor at the 2018 BBMAs due to the different tracking period (early April-end of March). SOY will get a nomination though, and Despacito should finish at 2/3 for 2017.

the road to 3.5M let alone 3M is not going to be easy. It is already declining and has sales of 2.2M (all versions)

41 minutes ago, cdschart said:

the road to 3.5M let alone 3M is not going to be easy. It is already declining and has sales of 2.2M (all versions)

But it's still selling 80/wk this week. The performances and (possible) discounts will keep it 60 (no discounts)-70k (discounted)/wk three more weeks. At that point, it'll be ~ 2.5 M, and it won't fall below 35-40/wk before the EOY boosts hit.

The song will also at least secure nominations, and probably some awards, at ceremonies through early next year. And Despacito should win big at the 2018 BBMAs. Closer is at 2.86 M, and should reach 3 M by the end of 2017 due to EOY boosts.

Despacito also has an advantage, that like UF, it really doesn't have a parent album (BB quit counting the Latin complication months ago). The virtual lack of an album has kept UF selling for three years now. That same reason, (especially regarding the remix) will keep Despacito ahead of its competitors for quite a while.

33 minutes ago, cdschart said:

well of course, the fact that those are bigger is pretty obvious. we were just talking about #2 solo female rap songs specifically.

what do WW YouTube views have to do with the Hot 100? For the current US tracking week LWYMD is far and away at #1 on YT with 30,357,433 with BY currently #2 with 12,643,134 and ahead of Despacito's 12,598,536 at #3. Also if things keep going the same way, the AI difference will not still be 2X at the end of the week. Also on Apple Music BY is #3 while Despacito is #40 and on Spotify BY is #6 while Despacito combined is around #13-15.

I had not looked at domestic YT numbers. Still, Despacito should only fall to #2 next week. BY could hold at #3 while WT falls 2-4 though. If the trend continues, BY might can pass Despacito for #2 in two weeks. That could depend upon how much the two upcoming performances stabilize its sales & streaming decline. Also, those two performances could be credited to Luis/Daddy Yankee, which could give Despacito another temporary domestic YT boost. 

For the record, the song that should've tied/broken OSD's record is/was obviously UF, but SYA got in the way of that. But Despacito, while losing airplay, is still a strong song. FTR, airplay loss didn't hurt Macarena's chart performance, as it fell 16-27 in airplay in its 14th week at #1. Donna Lewis' I Love You Always Forever was an airplay monster, but it had to settle for 9 #2 wks behind Macarena.

7 hours ago, cdschart said:

Eve twice with "Gangsta Luvin' f/ Alicia Keys" and "Let Me Blow Ya Mind f/ Gwen Stefani"

Lil' Kim with "Magic Stick f/ 50 Cent" and as a feature on Puff Daddy's "It's All About The Benjamins"

Missy Elliot as a feature on Ciara's "1, 2, Step"

Edited by ClashAndBurn

7 hours ago, man***** said:

So if Taylor starts to plummet Despacito could creep itself back to #1.  Wouldnt be 17 executive weeks but thy would break the tie and officially become 1.  I hope this scenario doesn't because Despacito is trash.  It was a cute bop before the remix, now its just trash. 

Radio won't let that happen for Taylor but Despacito is losing 3.5M radio audience daily I don't think streams are going to stabilize even if sales boost for a day after promo.

tumblr_myw3puTqST1s9lptno1_250.gif

On 8/29/2017 at 3:00 AM, Yndda said:

Macarena shoulda been this big tbh

Macarena is iconic. Despacito could never!

I dont think You tube views should count in Hot 100 charts its too corrupt. Ive noticed a change with the new YT update layout when you click on your notifications. Now when you reply to a comment it takes you back to the video and the video continues playing. Before it would play for a second or two then stop when it jumped to the comment. This must mean that all these comment replies are racking up extra views. Explains how YT views seem to be crazier than ever. Especially beneficial to artists like Taylor who get tons of comments, good & bad.

33 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

I dont think You tube views should count in Hot 100 charts its too corrupt. Ive noticed a change with the new YT update layout when you click on your notifications. Now when you reply to a comment it takes you back to the video and the video continues playing. Before it would play for a second or two then stop when it jumped to the comment. This must mean that all these comment replies are racking up extra views. Explains how YT views seem to be crazier than ever. Especially beneficial to artists like Taylor who get tons of comments, good & bad.

I never thought about this...

47 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Like 1% of people who view videos comment on them, meaning at the most, it would inflate views by 1%. Calm down.