Billboard Charts (August 27 - September 2, 2017)

iHype.

3 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Most of her points comes from sales, so she could lose 60-70% just from that with the decline in the second week (IDWLF dropped 72% in its second week, and since LWYMMD sold 25k on Sunday I can see a very big sales drop in the second week).

sis did you miss her streaming numbers?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• UNNAMI

• butterflysupreme

• QueenofCopyPaste

1 hour ago, Green said:

Kelly's record is safe :clap3: 

All that matters. :alexz:

does anyone know why Billboard is not changing airplay week to match streaming and sales week?

1 minute ago, UNNAMI said:

sis did you miss her streaming numbers?

No, I've seen them declining from 3.8 million to 1.6 million in just three days (on spotify). She will lose 250-300 points just from sales, and streaming is definitely going down in week 2 (at least 40%, that's usual for big releases, the good comparison being  "Hello"). We'll just have to wait and see, I have a feeling it's going to be veeery front loaded.

30 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

does anyone know why Billboard is not changing airplay week to match streaming and sales week?

Becuase they want the charts to be the most updated as possible, Airplay data is the easiest to report, while sales and streaming take some more time (2 days) to process.

Just now, Agenor said:

No, I've seen them declining from 3.8 million to 1.6 million in just three days (on spotify). She will lose 250-300 points just from sales, and streaming is definitely going down in week 2 (at least 40%, that's usual for big releases, the good comparison being  "Hello"). We'll just have to wait and see, I have a feeling it's going to be veeery front loaded.

3.8 to 1.6 - yes - but streaming numbers are also youtube where ha lyric video broke record, where her music video is going to have 40m first 24h (I know it's worldwide number, but U.S. number will also big) so spotify it's not only streaming service.

and even if sales will go 60-70% in second week (third?), streaming will be down max 20%

stilll no matter of those speculation, she won't go lower than 500 points and despacito will.

7 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

Why is airplay on its own cycle apart from sales and streaming? Monitored radio data from Nielsen Music is readily available on a real-time basis, as opposed to sales and streaming data, which filters in from numerous data providers over multiple days. So, by incorporating the latest available airplay data, the Hot 100 will remain as up-to-date as possible each week.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6605842/billboard-alter-chart-tracking-week-global-release-date

Congrats to Luis, Daddy Yankee and Caiser Justin 

Edited by princedonte

It will be a close race between tay 2nd week n despacito.

Maybe the MV streaming from tay video will have an extra push too for next week

(since several days from its first week of views added to this week)

And for a 3rd week if tay really frontloaded, I dont think that she will be strong enough to beat despacito point.

Hopefully bodak yellow will be #1 on that week.

Hopefully Despacito keeps freefalling on radio and never returns to #1. 

despacito having you all PRESSED. if any other artist scored 16 weeks at #1 you would be happy for them. gross.

6 minutes ago, alexis said:

despacito having you all PRESSED. if any other artist scored 16 weeks at #1 you would be happy for them. gross.

don't generalize. there's many people who was really hoping to break the record and are a little mad a taylor that she didn't wait 1 week

6 minutes ago, alexis said:

not really

2 minutes ago, Feather said:

Will Wild Thoughts or Bodak Yellow have a chance at #1?

WT does not, it's only going down the charts from now. Bodak has a good chance.

Congrats to Despacito :clap3: it's undoubtedly one of the biggest hits of all-time in history of pop music.

Edited by R!ck

butterflysupreme
1 hour ago, slw84 said:

It's losing over 3.5M in radio audience a day. People consider summer to be over even though it won't be until the 3rd/4th week of September and many "summer songs" start to lose alot of pull so if it someow managed to come back from that then maybe.

Unless they have a bieber video ready I don't think it will.

I think after Taylor is #1 next week it's the game of Taylor vs. Cardi B vs the Bank account song  vs. new Eminem for the month of September.

qAKQ12d.png?1

Cardi B won't be even close to number one. Bookmark me.

those numbers :rip: 

Why released it too soon Tay? I wanted King Despacito to finally get that crown/ :jonny: 

QueenofCopyPaste
12 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

Cardi B won't be even close to number one. Bookmark me.

No need to bookmark because

She's #3 already...that's close to #1

#2 is as close as it can get

Congrats Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin on making chart history :party:

lowkey highkey wish despacito broke the record but congrats on tying it anyways

:clap3: