Billboard: LWYMMD 500k; 200k sold; likely to debut early

eddytws

1 minute ago, Diocles said:

I don't get it.

So despacito will keep the #1 for another week?

anigif_sub-buzz-9921-1481132572-2.gif?do

Yeah they're tying the record this week. And then debuts at #1 next week. 

Right?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Unbreakable Heaven

• TSLGNMA

• Adonis

5 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

200k already.. With another 5 days, it's at least 400k, I don't understands kworb this time around. At all. 

It says 200k just on Friday :cm:

So 6 days more

276k obviously makes no sense

1 minute ago, Diocles said:

I don't get it.

Despacito will be #1 in 2 days for it's 16 and final week. The week after that Taylor will be #1

1 minute ago, Unbreakable Smile said:

Right?

Well not debuts since it will debut this week based on 3 days of airplay, but it will hit #1 next week after Despacito tied 16 weeks this week, yes.

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

So 6 days more

Despacito will be #1 in 2 days for it's 16 and final week. The week after that Taylor will be #1

1 minute ago, Unbreakable Smile said:

Right?

ty sistrens

5 minutes ago, Diocles said:

I don't get it.

Taylor is likely debuting on the lower end of the Hot 100 early, because of the airplay chart having a different tracking week. She'll go #1 next week. Despacito has the 16th week at #1 on lock for this week whether she debuts or not. 

Edit: Oop I see the question's already been answered 

Edited by Ego

Ow wait i just saw kworb.net ,how ? Its so off what HDD/BB are predicting :deadbanana2:

It's definitely already sold 200k. Despacito is selling 10k a day. That means Taylor sold 10,000/0.08=125,000 on day one and 10,000/0.13=77,000 on day two for a 2 day total of 202,000 sales. :cm: Kworb is flopping.

Edited by TSLGNMA

It was pretty obvious 300k was too little and 276k even more :cm:

Obv 276k is impossible with 200k sold first day already. And VMA + vid coming up. 500k looks more likely tbh

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

So 6 days more

True. So of 200k first day, and only falling 10%ish on the second day, I'll say around 250-280k already? With another 5 days and a video. 400k++.

Edited by omrimayo

1 minute ago, TSLGNMA said:

It's definitely already sold 200k. Despacito is selling 10k a day. That means Taylor sold 10,000/0.08=125,000 on day one and 10,000/0.13=77,000 on day two for a 2 day total of 202,000 sales. :cm: Kworb is flopping.

They said almost 200k in one day though. I think Despacito is selling more than 10k a day since its been gaining sales.

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

So 6 days more

OSD will no longer be alone withat record then :fan:

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Well not debuts since it will debut this week based on 3 days of airplay, but it will hit #1 next week after Despacito tied 16 weeks this week, yes.

Oh yeah forgot she's debuting this week. You're correct.

Just now, By the Water said:

They said almost 200k in one day though. I think Despacito is selling more than 10k a day since its been gaining sales.

Ok, even better, either way kworb mathematically has to be wrong. If he's right, than I'm terribly confused.

3 minutes ago, TSLGNMA said:

Sis we are in the second day now lol.

its only been one full day. The second full day ends in less than 7 hours. The article says Friday it sold that much

Just now, HolyKatyPerry said:

Why are they debuting her early wtf? She literally dropped it at 12:01AM EST everywhere

Bc of radio airplay.

With 200k ALREADY sold the 276k prediction simply isn't plausible 

:cm:

1 minute ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

Why are they debuting her early wtf? She literally dropped it at 12:01AM EST everywhere

Sales and streaming tracking week runs Friday - Thursday and airplay tracking week runs Monday - Sunday. That's because sales and streaming data needs a couple of days to be compiled and airplay doesn't and Billboard wants to use the most recently available airplay data for the new Hot 100. 

7 minutes ago, LostInStereo100 said:

Sis we are in the second day now lol.

its only been one full day. The second full day ends in less than 7 hours. The article says Friday it sold that much

I know we are in the second day. And according to kworb popbars LWYMMD looks to be averaging an 88-82% lead over a combined Despacito. If Despacito is selling 10,000 a day like it is most likely selling if it's selling 70k over the enire week, than Taylor sold/will sell roughly 77,000 today.

If Despacito overperformed and did 14,000 yesterday which is possible with the discount than it's likely taylor did ~200,000 which falls in line with what Billboard is reporting.

Edited by TSLGNMA

Truth is somewhere in between. I said 400k and i am sticking with it.

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Sales and streaming tracking week runs Friday - Thursday and airplay tracking week runs Monday - Sunday. That's because sales and streaming data needs a couple of days to be compiled and airplay doesn't and Billboard wants to use the most recently available airplay data for the new Hot 100. 

Oh that makes sense, thanks. still wanted a #1 debut to add another record :deadbanana3: 

9 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

Ow wait i just saw kworb.net ,how ? Its so off what HDD/BB are predicting :deadbanana2:

Doesn't kworb just use itunes? She's #2 on Google play & #1 on Amazon best sellers. Idk if they account for much, but I'm sure Nielsen tracks them.

Edited by Hunter_13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.