PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

4 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

Might as well reveal it all!

9s - Gen 5 (Keldeo)

8s - Gen 4 (Cresselia. Heatran, Darkrai, Uxie)

7s - Gen 7 (Koko, Lele, Fini, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Nihilego, Magearna, Marshadow, Necrozma)

6s - Gen 2 (Celebi)

Below 6 - Gens 3/6 (Xerneas, Deoxys, Rayquaza) - these were meant to be all one gen but alas

wait at me kinda slaying a biT just a tad v lowkey 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

18 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

If you're comfortable with Tori's weird style by Under The Pink then you might as well listen to Boys For Pele instead after since it's more consistent then Scarlet's Walk which I feel gets a bit boring by the final 3 tracks but I like the deeper themes into the Native American genocide thing. But I'd suggest checking out the singles first off both album to see which you vibe with more since I feel like you'll end up liking Boys for Pele anyways based on your exquisite taste. :gaycat3:

ddd, you better stan Bells For Her or i'm coming for you, the most relatable end of a friendship song ever :weeps: the way it torn my heart apart then put it back together after I went through that earlier this year :weeps:

i would be here for tori & lana :gaycat4:

ok I just listened to Bells For Her and wow :weeps:  

Can't stop what's coming

Can't stop what is on its way 

And now I speak to you are you in there
You have her face and her eyes
But you are not her
And we go at each other
Like blankets, blankets who can't find
Their thread and their bare

Can't stop loving
And I see it coming and it's on its way

WHEW

:weeps:  ajfajfa why are her songs literally about my life :jonny:  :skull:  

Nnnn Tori's weird style has never really been a problem for me tbh, especially since I stan for Bjork :deadbanana:  :skull:  but yas, I'll check out the singles first and then listen to the album with the singles I like more :duca:  :duca:  mess, first Sufjan Stevens and now Tori Amos :jonny3:   I have so much music to listen to. I love exploring an artist's ENTIRE discography tbh! it's like my favourite thing :smitten: 

Edited by UFO

7 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

Might as well reveal it all!

9s - Gen 5 (Keldeo)

8s - Gen 4 (Cresselia. Heatran, Darkrai, Uxie)

7s - Gen 7 (Koko, Lele, Fini, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Nihilego, Magearna, Marshadow, Necrozma)

6s - Gen 2 (Celebi)

Below 6 - Gens 3/6 (Xerneas, Deoxys, Rayquaza) - these were meant to be all one gen but alas

I got a 7? bitch what :jonny3:  :eek:  

Edited by UFO

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

not me thinking heatran was a gen 5 all this time :ahh:

top 5 for Austin omg do I have a chance to SURVIVE? :jonny: 

austin gave himself a top 5? is there another austin?

1 minute ago, keshaspearsxo said:

not me thinking heatran was a gen 5 all this time :ahh:

top 5 for Austin omg do I have a chance to SURVIVE? :jonny: 

She's ugly enough to fit in with Gen 5, honest mistake x

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

austin gave himself a top 5? is there another austin?

I gave myself an 11 :)

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

Wut. No I was saying me 

wait theres so many austins. rip

mIkvXNK.png

@MattyTacos – Ancient Foreplay

Well look who learned to hit send! Also mess at the title. I just watched a video today about how the seven seas is a stupid phrase so points off for putting salt in that fresh wound. I thought your chorus was a bit too verse-y while the prechorus would have fit better as a chorus with a bit more expansion. The chorus was a bit clunky, being bogged down by too many big words while the prechorus was simpler and more direct. The song needed more balance between these two contrasting styles.

@Glassmouth – Anthony II

Oh, so this is your Lips Are Movin, trying to score another hit off of your biggest song. “Stared into your face” was too blunt. Your ESL status was a bit too apparent at times, like “you, firefly, gave hope and start a fire all at once”. Like the original song, I liked the confessional nature of the song, and it carried a lot of emotional weight, but unlike the original, I didn’t think it was entirely successful in conveying all of its emotion.

@Aurora – Aegis

Slat at you choosing my birthstone! The soul/spiritual rhyme was iffy but I’ll give it a pass. In fact, I think a lot of the big word choices were unnecessarily descriptive in a song that was begging to be a bit more straightforward. The subject matter felt raw, but the song was hidden behind all this flowery language. Obviously this is but a small qualm with yet another expertly executed song, and much like I was told last season, I feel like you’re at an independent study point in your writing career where anything we tell you comes down to personal taste more than anything, and it’s up to you to decide if you want to be successful or not.

@PoKiTaurus – I Run Away

Wow at this domestic violence bop. Your problem here has been consistent throughout your entries. You state everything a bit too plainly, and although there were some really good parts, like “all of your patchecks don’t add up/your breath tells where the money’s been”, they’re too few and far between to to not leave me wanting something more from you. If you make it to phase two, I’d like to see you experiment more with metaphors and word choice.

@keshaspearsxo – Of Regret

Wow, that chorus was excellent, show stopping, incredible, eat it, **** on it, etc. We’re all glad to see you back. The first verse was like a 9/10 and the rest of the song was pretty perfect tbh. Great imagery, great emotion, great storytelling, no technical flaws. A good comeback song.

@Speezy – Rain Drops from A Palm Tree

Another sex song *pretend to be shocked gif*. The concept was actually pretty cool, I don’t think I’ve read a song about phone sex before. There were a lot of clever lines here as well, like “can you say your name once more?”. I was kinda ready to give you a mediocre score after seeing this was more of the same from you, but this was actually executed pretty well. There were still a few odd lines, like “I put you on speaker phone so you can hear the rain drops”. Like what? The chorus is awesome though.

@SaintWest – Promised Land

Wow you better pimp out my religious angst for a good score. The “calluses” line was odd, especially because you’d have to be tapping that windowsill for AGES for it to make a visible change to your body. Which is what you’re inferring but still. I was missing something in the chorus. I liked the town of sand line, and the personality you injected into it, but the last line was almost a bit too cheesy for the subject matter, and I wanted to see a bit more of your side than his in the chorus. The “sync” line was pretty genius (I hope it was on purpose). The verses were much better executed, and the bridge was probably my favorite part of the song.

@KatyCatPH – Opal Skies

“I was lonely living alone” was redundant, and you spelled “radiant” wrong, but I can’t write this review without saying you’ve improved a LOT during this competition. The chorus was great, and provided a perfect balance between imagery and emotion all wrapped in a thoughtful metaphor. Whether you do leave this round or not, people like you are why I wanted to introduce this phase system, to give you a chance to grow and prove yourself.

@UFO – Blink

The verses were kinda a mess, but I loved the chorus. It was pretty inventive, and I liked how it started where it ended. I’ve felt you step outside your comfort zone a few times this season, and I really appreciate that, especially for someone that has a very unique style. If you make it to the next phase I hope to see you continue on that path.

1 minute ago, UFO said:

ok I just listened to Bells For Her and wow :weeps:  

Can't stop what's coming

And now I speak to you are you in there
You have her face and her eyes
But you are not her
And we go at each other
Like blankets, blankets who can't find
Their thread and their bare

Can't stop loving
And I see it coming and it's on its way

WHEW

:weeps:  ajfajfa why are her songs literally about my life :jonny:  :skull:  

Nnnn Tori's weird style has never really been a problem for me tbh, especially since I stan for Bjork :deadbanana:  :skull:  but yas, I'll check out the singles first and then listen to the album with the singles I like more :duca:  :duca:  mess first Sufjan Stevens and now Tori Amos :jonny3:   I have so much music to listen to. I love exploring an artist's ENTIRE discography tbh! it's like my favourite thing :smitten: 

I KNOW :jonny: SHE WENT IN :jonny: 

Now she seems to be sand under his shoes

There's nothing I can do

Can't stop what's coming

Can't stop what's on its way:weeps:

yeah, I figured that wouldn't be a problem for you :skull: Scarlet's Walk is probably her most accessible work which is why I kinda backtracked about it but it's such a glorious listen & the album concept is AMAZINGLY done :jonny: woo defo in my top 3 with From The Choirgirl Hotel & Boys for Pele (which is tied with Under the pink) idk its so hard to rank her albums :skull:

But yes, I totally agree i love getting into people's music and discovering a whole catalogue of albums that are amazing :smitten: 

4 hours ago, Citrus said:

@KatyCatPH- I really hope you aren't eliminated this round, because your progress is easily the biggest in this season thus far. I love the idea and the riskier phrasings that, for some reason, seem to work. The white flag line is dumb and didn't need to be repeated. I like the hook because it actually came across as one in the song, which they normally don't for me. I definitely wish you'd had time to have someone read and catch minor mistakes (or you just reading more critically). Like the pallet line could've been rephrased as "To paint some color onto my world". Good luck.

13 hours ago, ceremonials said:

@KatyCatPH, "Opal Skies"

Okay, that hook was not needed. It might've been cute in an actual song but it just adds nothing in a lyric only competition. Try to avoid things like that. I think you've consistently gotten stronger with each round, and while this wasn't the perfect entry, it was probably my favorite from  you. The imagery  you used felt a little shoehorned in since you didn't touch on fortune/misfortune a whole lot, but the imagery itself  was still nice.  I also the ABCABC rhymes in the verses was really cute, that's a hard scheme to pull off. I really hope you make it to the next phase because it's been a pleasure to see you from your mess of an R1 song (no shade) to something as competent as this in just a few weeks. 

YAAAS! I will be fine if I get eliminated knowing that I have improved a lot. And I will make sure to have people read my work to get feedback and improve my entries.

@ceremonials are you always very nice with your scores or is it just this week ? cause..... a 7 for my **** song ? :jonny3:  :ahh:  :skull:  whew come thru rushed, patchwork quilt-esque song stringed together at the last minute! :clap3:  :alexz:  :dies:  :rip:  I'm actually in SHOCK :jonny:  :jonny2: 

Just now, Gastrodonatella said:

sis.. :rip:  

whaaaaat

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

mIkvXNK.png

@MattyTacos – Ancient Foreplay

Well look who learned to hit send! Also mess at the title. I just watched a video today about how the seven seas is a stupid phrase so points off for putting salt in that fresh wound. I thought your chorus was a bit too verse-y while the prechorus would have fit better as a chorus with a bit more expansion. The chorus was a bit clunky, being bogged down by too many big words while the prechorus was simpler and more direct. The song needed more balance between these two contrasting styles.

Well, look who didn't remove themselves from the pm this time :cm: Mess at me getting PUNCHED OUT like that with the seven seas line, ironic since I originally wanted to take it out but was told that it worked with the mention of whirlpools in the pre-chorus. :'( 

But, I completely understand where you're coming from and would hopefully like to continue expanding upon more weird songs like this if I make it to phase 2 :'( 

3 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

wait theres so many austins. rip

mess I read a different word at first and screamed

Just now, MattyTacos said:

Well, look who didn't remove themselves from the pm this time :cm: Mess at me getting PUNCHED OUT like that with the seven seas line, ironic since I originally wanted to take it out but was told that it worked with the mention of whirlpools in the pre-chorus. :'( 

But, I completely understand where you're coming from and would hopefully like to continue expanding upon more weird songs like this if I make it to phase 2 :'( 

btw who's the hottie in your avi?

3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

@keshaspearsxo – Of Regret

Wow, that chorus was excellent, show stopping, incredible, eat it, **** on it, etc. We’re all glad to see you back. The first verse was like a 9/10 and the rest of the song was pretty perfect tbh. Great imagery, great emotion, great storytelling, no technical flaws. A good comeback song

:jonny:  

Just now, Jackson said:

btw who's the hottie in your avi?

If i say can I make it to phase 2 :gaycat4:

its matt champion from brockhampton

1 minute ago, UFO said:

@ceremonials are you always very nice with your scores or is it just this week ? cause..... a 7 for my **** song ? :jonny3:  :ahh:  :skull:  whew come thru rushed, patchwork quilt-esque song stringed together at the last minute! :clap3:  :alexz:  :dies:  :rip:  I'm actually in SHOCK :jonny:  :jonny2: 

N yes I'm generally the Paula of the panel, though my reviews might make it seem otherwise. My average is usually ~7

Just now, MattyTacos said:

If i say can I make it to phase 2 :gaycat4:

its matt champion from brockhampton

he looks like he'd call me a *** before giving me a black eye and i'm here for it :jonny3: 

Just now, Jackson said:

he looks like he'd call me a *** before giving me a black eye and i'm here for it :jonny3: 

dfghjkgfdsdghjk

14 minutes ago, Jackson said:

@UFO – Blink

The verses were kinda a mess, but I loved the chorus. It was pretty inventive, and I liked how it started where it ended. I’ve felt you step outside your comfort zone a few times this season, and I really appreciate that, especially for someone that has a very unique style. If you make it to the next phase I hope to see you continue on that path.

wait why the **** am I getting all this critical acclaim ? :ahh:  out of NOWHERE :ahh:  :skull:  :skull:  I'm howling

I literally had an emotional breakdown, I was so close to giving up (on PH and life in general tbh), I patchworked my song at the last minute. I submitted late with vague ass verses and a nonsensical chorus and someHOW y'all judges liked it :jonny:  :ahh:  wow slay me a bit. I didn't expect this. Like literally... the only part of my song that I really REALLY liked was the pre-chorus, the other parts of my song were stringed together like a damn quilt :toofunny3:  but yay omg I'm so happy :weeps:   thank you thank you thank you I really needed this after the **** week I've had :jonny:  :heart2:  :weeps:  I was SO close to quitting :cries:  idc if I get eliminated today, I needed something to hold on to and y'all gave it to me when I lost all hope. omg thank you :hug:  ahhh :weeps:  :heart2:   my song this week is really meaningful because even though it's sad, there's still a sense of hope behind it The light fades like my spirit does / Yet my eyes still flicker on / Cause in the dark I still have hope / With colours someone will find me / With colours someone will find me / Even quicker than I think / Blink :weeps:  :weeps:  :weeps:  whew I just ... wow why is my ghey ass so overdramatic and overemotional for no reason :ahh:  :rip:  but seriously though, thank you! :heart2:  :weeps:   FINALLY something went right for once :'(  

LkDAPNs.gif?1

Edited by UFO