PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

idk what the official record is for this but pretty sure Sam beat the record for most #1s from a season (MJ and Katy are shook!)

also he had the only 2 9+ songs this season :jonny3: 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

1 minute ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

PROOFREAD YOUR ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES!!! THIS ISN'T ESL CLUB!!!!

kljasdsal me coming in last minute with that iconic catchphrase 

5 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

i'm really happy you won but i can't even pretend i care nearly as much about that as i do about the actual genuine friend i found in you :cries: 

♡ 

(i had to drive home) but also WHEW i am sHOOK that i got second place i seriously never thought this would happen!!!! got a ton of **** to say

Let's all remember this SMASH about seasonal depression and its subsequent impact on every relevant PHer

Until

I fell asleep floating on the waters of spring

As birds were singing, harmonizing the winds

With all in its place, I felt a rare peace 

Carelessly drifting on midnight’s melodies 

But December arrived while I was daydreaming 

The warmth had let me forget I was lonely

The birds took with them the green of the leaves

Silencing a sun that sets too early 

And now, spring hibernates under the frozen water

With my bare feet

I’ll skate in circles 

Until the ice

Becomes a river

Where I can swim freely again

With my cold hands

I’ll pray in vain

Until the birds

Return with their song

So I can sleep alone again

The stars disappear but the night remains

And the sun rises but there’s no warmth the rays

Spring hibernates under the frozen water

With my bare feet

I’ll skate in circles 

Until the ice

Becomes a river

Where I can swim freely again

With my cold hands

I’ll pray in vain

Until the birds

Return with their song

So I can sleep alone again

I fell asleep floating on the waters of spring

As birds were singing, harmonizing the winds

But December arrived while I was daydreaming 

The warmth had let me forget I was lonely

With some patience

I'll pass the time

Until the snow

Melts into ground

And the first seed starts growing again

Edited by swiftie13

1 minute ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

(i had to drive home) but also WHEW i am sHOOK that i got second place i seriously never thought this would happen!!!! got a ton of **** to say

You did so good hon

7 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

PROOFREAD YOUR ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES!!! THIS ISN'T ESL CLUB!!!!

Sorry, I don't know how I managed to mess that up. Edited out the error!

8 minutes ago, Jackson said:

idk what the official record is for this but pretty sure Sam beat the record for most #1s from a season (MJ and Katy are shook!)

also he had the only 2 9+ songs this season :jonny3: 

I don't know how you count multi submission rounds (i.e. would El Orfanato be a #1 or a #4) and I'm not sure how the group song was scored either.

It would be 7 conservative #1s, but if we're including Haus of Cards/Aftertaste (Retouched)/El Orfanato it would be 10.

I was also #1 in every section of the tournament (Audition, Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, Finale) not that anyone's counting.

3 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

@Aurora i'm done with you siphoning my power bitch x

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1JMD9GQ6IgP 

but really congrats on the win, you definitely deserved it. slay after slay after slay. whew :heart2: so proud to have ended next to you!

:jonny3::jonny3::jonny3: 

@SaintWest thank you for being there when i was a ****ing trainwreck and helping me back into a position of power.mp3 (see above vocaroo). your songs are slays (#Justice4IKneel  #Justice4IKneel  #Justice4IKneel  #Justice4IKneel  #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel  #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel #Justice4IKneel) and i'm so glad to have been in a girlgroup with you!!! :heart2:

7 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

the way you helped me find it within myself to finish my comeback entry :'( i worked for so many hours on it and it took so long to finally fall together and i just wanted to quit but you helped me clear the negative headspace and just focus on channeling everything into my renewal :cries: and then when it came through and we talked beyond platinum hit we clicked instantly and it didn't even feel like a platinum clique friendship, it felt like we'd been talking for years :weeps: you, @SaintWest @Hug @Corsola and @ceremonials were and still are such important confidants for me this season and @ultraviolence.xx @KatyCatPH @PoKiTaurus and all the other girls with such abundant positivity to share with the rest of us helped perpetuate the idea that platinum hit is a community first and a competition second. it truly felt familial every time i came into this thread, that's why i had to be the messy one to break it up a bit for the ratings :gaycat5: 

It's so nice that this little online tournament has been able to do so much for so many people. Of course it all comes back to lyrics and songwriting but as you said it's far more than just a competition. Can't wait to dub again at the reunion and make a few more iconic memories. :fan:

2 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

@Aurora i'm done with you siphoning my power bitch x

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1JMD9GQ6IgP 

but really congrats on the win, you definitely deserved it. slay after slay after slay. whew :heart2: so proud to have ended next to you!

You're back in x

I honestly was SHOOK you were gonna take it out you know I would have been happy for you. What an ICONIC debut era. I'm so glad you made the finale because honestly that White Heat rewrite and Orange Grove were two of my fave PH songs ever. It feels even better slaying with the HAUSmates.

@Hug girl. whew. honestly how did i place above you wtf is this ****. i call BS. anyway i am so appreciative of your help throughout the season on my songs, especially early on when i was a scared lil newbie who didn't know what tf i was doing. your early notes helped steer me in the right direction and understand what the judges are looking for and what made a good song and i'm so thankful for that. (this also applies to @Aurora, forgot to mention that earlier.) so proud to have been your HAUSmate. xx

• ATRL Moderator

Phew, I will always remember how I joined the season late and I never heard of uvie kWRYeOF.gif and thought she'd be a filler queen and then every week she got better and ended up slaying me in the finale. And let's not forget Worlds Apart :jonny3: Such a deserved 2nd place queen. Now go pull a Fefe and snatch next season! tumblr_ml3z36u90K1qanz49o1_500.gif

41 minutes ago, Jackson said:

dx6GZHk.gif

uvie

You've already achieved so much in such a short time. You went from a *cute girl* to a force to be reckoned with, almost taking home the crown. Remember, as runner up in your debut season you join the likes of feelslikeadream, me, temporal, and even our current champion Aurora. I'm expecting tremendous things from you in the future.

thank you jackson :heart2: i hope to live up to those big names!

Thank you @Gastrodonatella :heart2:

I also want to thank everyone for being so nice. All those nights in dubtrack were really fun, and really feeling like you're a part of something bigger than me.mp3 you makes the competition feel less threatening. All the positivity felt very encouraging. I also want to thank all the judges who managed to find a way to encourage me in the reviews for my songs. Honestly one of the best experiences I've had on ATRL.

I'm excited for the future :flower:

Edited by PoKiTaurus

14 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

the way you helped me find it within myself to finish my comeback entry :'( i worked for so many hours on it and it took so long to finally fall together and i just wanted to quit but you helped me clear the negative headspace and just focus on channeling everything into my renewal :cries: and then when it came through and we talked beyond platinum hit we clicked instantly and it didn't even feel like a platinum clique friendship, it felt like we'd been talking for years :weeps: you, @SaintWest @Hug @Corsola and @ceremonials were and still are such important confidants for me this season and @ultraviolence.xx @KatyCatPH @PoKiTaurus and all the other girls with such abundant positivity to share with the rest of us helped perpetuate the idea that platinum hit is a community first and a competition second. it truly felt familial every time i came into this thread, that's why i had to be the messy one to break it up a bit for the ratings :gaycat5: 

Aww this is so sweet Will. I always live for your messiness but I know you are definitely a great person. Looking forward to be interacting with you more. :hug:

I knew as soon as I saw "timepiece." that we were dealing with the new iT girl, and that's exactly what you've become @ultraviolence.xx. There's always that one new player who does surprisingly well but you've exceeded all expectations in ways I don't think anyone really has for a good while now. Placing 2nd in your debut season really is something to be proud of, and I say that from experience.

lettuce hope you have a more fefe/Temporal-esque run to your winning season than a Jackson/Aurora-esque one :fan:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hug said:

Is HAUS the most iconic quartet of all time? Poor Quadrinity rotting in a ditch.

omg I forgot about this :skull:

OK here's my promised annotated version of Nomad Lands (this is in jest don't freak out @SaintWest)

“Nomad Lands”

the final song

verse

Maybe I’m not meant for home

Destined for this desert road

Going places men don’t go - almost a direct copy of my song Pioneer: "what if life's a desert road/going places men don't go"

Venture on, a one-man show

Stuck inside a lion’s den - "back into the lion's den" from Back to Me

Caging me within my head

I often have to pretend

Bitter nights have better ends

pre-chorus

I’m a thousand miles deep in this land that I don’t know

Waiting for a northern star to guide me with its glow                                     

Then at once I saw you light a match to lead your way

I saw my reflection in another stranger’s face

chorus

My caravan is small, and this bag is all I’ve got

Walk with me through nomad lands where reckless souls are lost - the title itself is stolen from my song Nomad Lands

Camping in the wilderness along the beaten path

Mountain men discovering the great wide aftermath - one of my most popular songs is called Mountain Man

Take my hand, give me a chance

In these nomad lands

verse

Optimism surely grows

On this brimstone desert road

You’re a man I didn’t know

But I think I’ve found a home - "Heyo, I've found a home" from Oceans Away

Now not even alpine views

Could out marvel kissing you

Now the ground has finally bloomed

Nomad lands are born anew

pre-chorus

I’m a million miles deep in this land that I don’t know

Drifting in a river towards a place I want to go

Climbing past our eyesight, pitching tents in the unknown

Planting seeds in fertile soil and watching as they grow

chorus

Walk with me through nomad lands where reckless souls are lost

Mountain men discovering the great wide aftermath

In these nomad lands

bridge

We’ll skinny dip in hot springs

Then we’ll bask in setting suns

Breaking branches with bare feet

Chasing after our love

We’re emptying tanks of gas

Our head’s filled up with dreams

We’ll ride off in the sunset - "thought maybe we could run away on half a tank of dreams" - Night Drive, a song I sent to Saint like a week ago

Till we reach its farthest seams

chorus

Walk with me through nomad lands where reckless souls are lost

Mountain men discovering the great wide aftermath

In these nomad lands