Billboard: Kesha 100-120K SPS

Hector

Kesha

Kesha is heading for a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 albums chart with her new release, Rainbow. Industry forecasters suggest the set -- which was released on Aug. 11 through Kemosabe/RCA Records -- could earn between 100,000 and 120,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 17.

If Rainbow starts at No. 1, it will mark Kesha’s second leader on the tally, following her debut effort, Animal, which opened atop the list in January of 2010. She’s since notched three more entries on the tally: the Cannibal EP (No. 15 in 2010), the remix album I Am the Dance Commander + I Command You To Dance (No. 26; 2011) and Warrior (No. 6; 2012).

Rainbow has already seen four of its songs hit the Billboard Hot 100, including the top 40-charting “Praying.” The track hits a new peak on the Aug. 26-dated Hot 100, rising 32-24, surpassing its initial peak of No. 25 (when it debuted on the July 29 chart).

x

A comeback. :clap3: 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liberalmusiclover

• CroNich

• Roxas

• Alaska.

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH! We love a future icon!

a successful re-invention :clap3: 

She deserves it! Great album! :clap3: 

Well deserved! I'm so happy for Kesha, she totally deserves this! :heart2: 

a flawless comeback. she deserves it so much & it makes me really happy for her :'(:heart2:

This is what a comeback LOOKS like, ladies.

queen :clap3: 

Congrats! I only like a handful of songs on the album, but I can appreciate the hard work she put into it and the era as a whole. :heart2: 

liberalmusiclover

The album is terrible, but congrats. :clap3: 

I only like half the album, but more importantly I love what it represents and Kesha deserves all the success in the world :heart2:. She's delivered one of the most important tracks of the year. 

Edited by Rotunda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.