• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• Pacaveli

• brianc33710

3 hours ago, Arcane_Sky said:

79- (re)82 - 57 - 37 - 7 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 3

Top 10 - 23 weeks

Top 5 - 22 weeks

WTF? Really? :rip:

Jesus. :jonny3:

6 weeks more :alexz: monster global smash only :beatfreak:

#DespacitoRoadTo17Weeks :alexz:

QueenofCopyPaste

***Possible Projection:

12th week - 678(-25)= 653

13th week -653 (-30)= 623

14th week - 623 (-20) = 603 ***Despacito will hit 3 billion views on Youtube

15th week =  603 (-25) = 578

16th week = 578 (-30) = 548

17th week = 548 (-40) = 508

Wild Thoughts has slowed down on airplay, still decreasing in video streaming (-9%) as opposed to Despacito's (-2%), barely increase/decrease in sales...could sum up a 10-15 point increase only probably.

:jonny:

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, DangerousSwiftie said:

Bodak Yellow is blowing up.

I'll keep the idea of that dethroning Despacito in my prayers. :drool:

Maybe after it breaks Mariah's record maybe.

QueenofCopyPaste

Don't be negative.

Unless a meme blows out of it..its not looking likely..can it reach there (#1) by 6 weeks?...its only at #49 now...

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

It's making pretty big jumps out of nowhere (its top 40 on iTunes suddenly, top 10 on AM I believe). Just a thought.

It's unrealistic, but I have hope.

But still pretty behind on radio for it to be a threat for Despacito (#226)

It basically needs to pick up Pop adds and needs to be added to TTH as well.

-------------

I wonder when they'll remove Despacito from Todays Top Hits :eli:

QueenofCopyPaste

Yeah, that's very true. Urban literally just started playing it, so. I don't see pop playing this much, although its suddenly good sales are kind of impressive for an urban song so that might give it some legs for pop adds. A TTH add is definitely possible though.

OT: I would LOVE for that to be removed. :clap3:

Bodak can crossover to Pop though ala Bad and Boujee and Black Beatles..but it needs to gain traction in Urban first..Cardi needs to promote this everywhere and needs to get out her name for the GP as a rapper..that Wendy performance has shown potential...

Im sure you would but...

Maybe after Summer? :-*

21 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

And yet overall revenue is half for the recording industry that it was in 1999  factor in inflation, snd its not really such good news.  A baby step in the right direction for surely but that is all it is and the industry and mid list artists are still suffering greatly.

edited to add:

Put another way, there is gonna be an awful lot of these bb200 artists who have a number one album, slinging burgers to pay the rent in ten years time.

I think that would have to do with poor money management. Which artists are you thinking of?

QueenofCopyPaste

Yeah. It has more pop potential than B&B, but less than BB.

Hm... this upcoming week would actually be a great week to take it off there. :flower:

Wishful thinking for you..:flower:

Did praying fall a lot in 2nd week?

Just now, MusicTalker said:

Did praying fall a lot in 2nd week?

#40 (-15)

42 minutes ago, okgo said:

chart experts, where do you guess Unforgettable to peak @?

I'd bet on #5 which is it's current peak. It may be able to peak at 3-4 depending on how much I'm The One and That's What I Like decrease.

50 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

OT: I would LOVE for that to be removed. :clap3:

As long as it's number one on spotify WW, it will probably stay there

6 hours ago, Mercurio said:

I will never respect the charts of a song like despacito is the one to break the record.

Racist??? I don't understand the hate for Despacito, it's a bop imo and I'm glad a Spanish song could finally reached the top ten not to mention the top of the chart

10 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

Racist??? I don't understand the hate for Despacito, it's a bop imo and I'm glad a Spanish song could finally reached the top ten not to mention the top of the chart

I think they're more upset at the thought of a mediocre song with Justin Beiber on it dethroning Mariah and Boyz II Men (all of whom being black btw)

Edited by toewsy

7 hours ago, Pacaveli said:

Now, that's correct. :) 

NNNNNOOOOOOO! Charlie >>>> those two guys

13 minutes ago, toewsy said:

I think they're more upset at the thought of a mediocre song with Justin Beiber on it dethroning Mariah and Boyz II Men (all of whom being black btw)

They were saying how they couldn't respect the charts if Despacito beats the record. I just don't understand how the charts could be unfair/innacurate when the song is literally number one on each component

18 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

They were saying how they couldn't respect the charts if Despacito beats the record. I just don't understand how the charts could be unfair/innacurate when the song is literally number one on each component

I read that as them undermining the value of the charting systems, not necessarily saying they're inaccurate per se, let alone undermining someone because of their ethnicity. Again, I assume for the user it relates more back the perceived quality of the song and its performers

Edited by toewsy

Not a very exciting stat, but the #2 album seller hit a new low, just below 18k. 

Yay for Jay-Z saving the chart a bit this week. 

Edited by fridayteenage

That's What I Like's longevity is indeed very incredible. However it needs to make way to Bruno's best song in the album, Versace on the Floor. I miss Bruno's ballad slaying the chart...