Final: #1 Lana 109k #2 Tyler 104k #3 Meek 87k; Jay drops 1-8

Duca

i hope billboard is gonna confirm this in a few days but i can't really be happy in case it's a hbtb situation again

tenor.gif

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GokuRed

• ontherocks

• Yassin512

• FutureHive

Lana selling more than Honeymoon with zero promo. She probably doesn't even remember the album came out :deadbanana2:

Is she even on Tidal or she's not part of that cult?

Edited by GrimGod

2 hours ago, TSLGNMA said:

Talent doesn't need promo :cm: 

Unfortunately that's why Lana  needs it :cm:

On 22/07/2017 at 3:07 PM, ontherocks said:

I am sure he will. Melodrama sold 25k more in pure sales than #2, but overall she just ended up having a lead of 3k.

Unlike Lorde and Halsey, Lana's last TV performance in the US is more than 5 years ago. And her last song being send out to Pop radio is 4 years ago.  I think she is doing great if her sales end up being anywhere near 100k.

Kill'em with kindness 

The fact that she managed to do this good with zero promo. Imagine if she actually promoted? 

2 hours ago, Glassmouth said:

Lana's fanbase is a force that needs to be recognized, they have been lifting her up a lot considering she is nowhere when it comes to promotion 

Lana doesn't give a s*** about her fans lmao

3 hours ago, SadGirl said:

Hoping that this isn't another HBTB scenario :rip:

Stop. I would eat someone's head if that happened :rip:

Wow! Good for Lana and Meek really flopped :eek:

Hope Tyler hits #1 on BB

Lana deserves the number one. She had #1 for Honeymoon in the bag, and then Drake and Future released that awful mixtape together.

2 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Lana deserves the number one. She had #1 for Honeymoon in the bag, and then Drake and Future released that awful mixtape together.

Not when Tyler has never had a #1 before and released the best album of his career 

YES!

But also, I'll pretend to not have already dreaded about her front-loaded sales :rip: Dead at HM's first-week sales is something like 50% of its total lifetime sales in the U.S.

Has Tyler done much standard promotion for his album, or is his case the same as Lana's, with word of mouth and online following boosting sales?

1 minute ago, charmed23 said:

YES!

But also, I'll pretend to not have already dreaded about her front-loaded sales :rip: Dead at HM's first-week sales is something like 50% of its total lifetime sales in the U.S.

Has Tyler done much standard promotion for his album, or is his case the same as Lana's, with word of mouth and online following boosting sales?

He performed on Colbert, has a new Converse line coming out next week, and had three special bundles on his website + ofc the gay rumors.

Way more promo than Lana but doesn't matter much since he's gotten a TON of word of mouth promo. It's his best album and I've heard a lot about it even from non hip hop fans

1 hour ago, Auris said:

Not when Tyler has never had a #1 before and released the best album of his career 

Lana released the best album of her career too, according to Metacritic. :cm:

tyler will prob snatch because tidal but congrats to both

meek is the real loser

Congrats Lana :clap3: 

I'm hoping this isn't going to turn into a Melodrama situation where Tyler or Meek close the gap ridiculously (like 2Chainz did) on Billboard as it's too close for comfort right now :jonny: 

10 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Congrats Lana :clap3: 

I'm hoping this isn't going to turn into a Melodrama situation where Tyler or Meek close the gap ridiculously (like 2Chainz did) on Billboard as it's too close for comfort right now :jonny: 

As long as she gets the #1, we will be ok. :jonny: We should wait until Monday when the official results come. :dancehall3:

Edited by Roberto

BB/Tidal will sabotage her though 

tenor.gif

37 minutes ago, ultraviolento said:

tyler will prob snatch because tidal but congrats to both

Why would Tyler get help from Tidal? He bashed them for the Meek situation. 

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Lana released the best album of her career too, according to Metacritic. :cm:

Flower Boy has a higher rating though :sistrens: 

Lana's album was really good but I really want Tyler to get his first #1. Meek and Lana already have #1s.

2 hours ago, elemonated said:

Why would Tyler get help from Tidal? He bashed them for the Meek situation. 

CAUSE HES A RAPPER

3 minutes ago, volition said:

CAUSE HES A RAPPER

This isn't true. Jay doesn't randomly support rappers and rappers don't like rappers any more than singers. In fact, they probably dislike them more 'cause they're competition.

Real reasons that aren't stupid:

Jay-Z was a feature on "Biking" with Tyler earlier this year

Jaden Smith (on Roc Nation) is featured on a song with Tyler on Flower Boy

However:

Tyler literally called out Jay-Z on Twitter and said he was cheating a few days ago. He's not on amicable terms with Jay rn. The song they were on together was Frank's song so they could have had nothing to do with the other's presence on the track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.