Billboard Charts: Ed Sheeran Returns to Top of Hot 100

UNNAMI

Just now, peterstyles13 said:

So you honestly think Rihanna is better on charts than Adele and Taylor Swift? They are literally the two biggest artist in the music industry today (along with Beyoncé). The delusion is real.

She is just as big, if not bigger than Taylor, she has been consistent for 10 years, and beyonce performs very poorly on the charts since 4 so I don't know what you're trying with that :rip: 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• peterstyles13

• PhreshDiamond

• alexanderao

18 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

@simmnfierzig Did you count the performance views for MR on Youtube for streams?

Did she upload Million Reasons performance only cut from all 12 minutes? if not, nothing will be counted

peterstyles13
1 hour ago, NEZ said:

i wasnt calling it a flop. someone said adele and taylors leads have never "flopped" but rihannas have but all of rihs leads have gone top 10.

But your peak isn't the only criteria that determines whether a song is a flop or not. 'Tim McGraw' sold 1.5M copies despite being a pure country song from a NEW record label that had almost no contact in the music industry. You can't just look at the peak and call it a day.

peterstyles13
3 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

She is just as big, if not bigger than Taylor, she has been consistent for 10 years, and beyonce performs very poorly on the charts since 4 so I don't know what you're trying with that :rip: 

She is bigger than Taylor? Come on now. Taylor almost sold the same amount of records with 5 albums than Rihanna with 8 studio albums. 1989 outsells any album ever produced by Rihanna. Taylor has 3 albums with 1M+ week sales. How many does Riri have? None? She won more awards, have WAY better album sales and even better single sales since she went pop. On which metric is Rihanna actually ahead of Taylor?

1 minute ago, peterstyles13 said:

She is bigger than Taylor? Come on now. Taylor almost sold the same amount of records with 5 albums than Rihanna with 8 studio albums. 1989 outsells any album ever produced by Rihanna. Taylor has 3 albums with 1M+ week sales. How many does Riri have? None? She won more awards, have WAY better album sales and even better single sales since she went pop. On which metric is Rihanna actually ahead of Taylor?

To be fair Taylor has more awards because she has family in the record industry for years. 

this ramble :rip: I'll try and respond to the stuff that has any kind of fact to it.

GGGBR has sold near enough to the 9.5M of 1989 so no. If we are using your convoluted logic of defending Taylors first lead single, then Rihanna barely promotes her eras after the first single since  LOUD, so 5 v 8 is irrelevant as she cut most of her eras short. Compared to the heavy and continuous promotions that Taylor does right till the end of the era. The rest is just stan blind rambles that I'm not going to bother with. 

peterstyles13
3 minutes ago, Adonis said:

To be fair Taylor has more awards because she has family in the record industry for years. 

But honestly I'm still waiting for a metric where Rihanna is currently ahead of Taylor. I can't think of one.

Album sales: Taylor > Rihanna

Single sales: Taylor > Rihanna

Metascore: Taylor > Rihanna

Tour gross: Taylor > Rihanna

Net worth: Taylor > Rihanna

Awards: Taylor > Rihanna

:devil:

5 minutes ago, Adonis said:

lol not true, her dad is a stock broker and her mom is a housewife, not even cousins or uncles in the music industry. who is going around telling these lies??? :doc:

But honestly I'm still waiting for a metric where Rihanna is currently ahead of Taylor. I can't think of one.

Rihanna is the best selling Digital artist ever, what are you on about :rip: 

She is a streaming monster as well.

Look i'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan (& i stan Rihanna) but if Taylor & Rih both dropped an album or a single on the same day, Taylor would win. 

3 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

sis...........

Album sales: Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Single sales: Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Metascore: Beyonce > Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Tour gross: Beyonce > Taylor > Rihanna
Net worth: Beyonce > Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Awards: Beyonce > Adele > Taylor > Rihanna

peterstyles13
3 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

Rihanna is the best selling Digital artist ever, what are you on about :rip: 

She is a streaming monster as well.

Taylor would be the best selling Digital artist if she, like Rihanna, had 8 studio albums and 66 singles. You can't use this as an argument, you need to consider the fact that she released more albums and singles.

And for streams. Well. We can't really compare, can we :fan:? And tbh I really couldn't care less about streams.

5 hours ago, PeaceInPop said:

If the song is good katy sure will debut on 1 . It's katy come on:fish1:

Roar had one of the biggest selling debut weeks ever, a massive radio and streaming start and it still took some weeks to go #1. It's all about the competition rather than how huge the actual song can be, and currently Shape Of You is HUGE. I mean, it'll be amazing if she does it, but by no means should we "expect" it to!

2 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Taylor would be the best selling Digital artist if she, like Rihanna, had 8 studio albums and 66 singles. You can't use this as an argument, you need to consider the fact that she released more albums and singles.

And for streams. Well. We can't really compare, can we :fan:? And tbh I really couldn't care less about streams.

right so basically you're stan blind :rip: thanks for proving me right I guess.

And its a shame you don't care about streams as its how the vast majority consume music now. Enjoy your singles barely scrapping 1 million pure sales I guess. 

9 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

There is absolutely no way of telling where Taylor would be if she released the same amount of albums and singles as Rihanna :rip:

peterstyles13
5 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

sis...........

Album sales: Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Single sales: Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Metascore: Beyonce > Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Net worth: Beyonce > Adele > Taylor > Rihanna
Awards: Beyonce > Adele > Taylor > Rihanna

We were talking about Taylor and Rihanna, but thank you very much for your input. Now let me correct your mistakes:

Album sales: Adele > Taylor > Rihanna (duh)
Single sales: Taylor (140M) > Beyoncé (130M) > Adele (65M)
Metascore: Taylor (75) > Beyonce (74) > Adele (73) > Rihanna (68)

Net worth: Beyonce (265M) > Taylor (250M) > Rihanna (175M) > Adele (125M)
Awards: Taylor (279) > Beyonce (247) > Rihanna (139) > Adele  (136)

2 minutes ago, One Nation said:

There is absolutely no way of telling where Taylor would be if she released the same amount of albums and singles as Rihanna :rip:

:rip: I actually cringed at the whole thing. 

OH MY GOD can this Tay vs. Rih thing be doneT let's just agree that both are huge and successful and get back to the debate of whether Katy will flop or not :gaycat2:

Edited by Headlock

peterstyles13
10 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

right so basically you're stan blind :rip: thanks for proving me right I guess.

And its a shame you don't care about streams as its how the vast majority consume music now. Enjoy your singles barely scrapping 1 million pure sales I guess. 

Sorry if I seemed narrow-minded, it's not my intention at all. Tho I don't see how I stan blind when I strictly rely on facts?

I said I could care less about streams because there's no point to debate over streams when one of the artist isn't on Spotify. And to an extent, I do oppose streaming devices but let's not get into that here.

Well, tbh (I cannot believe I'm going to defend Taylor Swift, omg)... Rihanna is only the bigget digital singles selling artist because she has like 12395943 features... Her biggest selling song is not even 6M pure sales, in fact she doesn't even have a 6M selling song, except for I Love The Way You Lie, in which again, she is featured. Rihanna's best selling single is We Found Love, released in 2010, back when digital sales were stronger and even then it couldn't sell more than 5,5M... Diamonds for example was one of the worst #1 seller at the time of it's release, it's at 3,4M as of today... So, yeah, the sum of her TONS of singles makes her the best selling digital artists, but when you look closer, the singles of Taylor, Katy and Adele always outsell Rihanna's.

14 minutes ago, Headlock said:

OH MY GOD can this Tay vs. Rih thing be doneT let's just agree that both are huge and successful and get back to the debate of whether Katy will flop or not :gaycat2:

she will probably not debut at #1 and may not even reach it :gaycat5: the kats are getting too hyped

Edited by rowlet

All this arguments about Katy's possible debut. :jonny: 

Watch her debut atop.

5 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

All this arguments about Katy's possible debut. :jonny: 

Watch her debut atop.

I think the thing right now that makes it more questionable is we don't know when she's releasing the video. If she releases it on Friday with the single then debuting at #1 becomes much more likely.

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

I think the thing right now that makes it more questionable is we don't know when she's releasing the video. If she releases it on Friday with the single then debuting at #1 becomes much more likely.

She will still go #1, though.

People have forgotten she hasn't had a proper music release since 2014. 

Her public clearly misses her.