Rihanna Strikes 30th No. 1 'Pose' Atop Dance Club Songs

Letters From Adi

Rihanna rules Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart (dated July 15) for a milestone 30th time, as "Pose" rises 2-1. 

Rihanna moves closer to Madonna, who has racked up 46 leaders, for the most No. 1s in the chart's 40-plus-year history. 

"Pose" is Rihanna's third topper of 2017, the most of all acts, following "Love on the Brain" (Jan. 21) and "Sex With Me" (April 8). 

"Pose" is also the sixth leader from Rihanna's album ANTI, following "Work" (featuring Drake, April 23, 2016); "Kiss It Better" (Aug. 6, 2016); "Needed Me" (Aug. 20, 2016); "Love on the Brain"; and "Sex With Me." (During that run, she also reigned as featured on Calvin Harris' "This Is What You Came For," which logged a rare two-week reign on its way to becoming the chart's No. 1 song of 2016.)

Rihanna is the first act to achieve as many as six No. 1s from an album since Katy Perry landed seven from the original edition of Teenage Dream in 2010-12: "California Gurls," the title cut, "Peacock," "Firework," "E.T.," "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" and "The One That Got Away." Also in that era, two more toppers, "Part Of Me" and "Wide Awake," were released from the set's 2012 re-release, Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7850305/rihanna-30th-no-1-dance-club-songs-chart

Pose of all songs :jonny: 

Desperado will be 31

Wild Thoughts will be 32

Queen of the clubs. :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Desperado will be 31

Wild Thoughts will be 32

I wonder if she can break her own record of 4 #1s in a single year

liberalmusiclover

LEGEND :clap3: 

Nnn mess. Pose is the best deluxe track though so I'm happy. 

4 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

how does this chart work? 

remixes' airplay. The airplay is negligible tho :rip: 

3 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

16 more for another record. So next album? 

the thing about this chart is madonna could still top it multiple times

25 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

I wonder if she can break her own record of 4 #1s in a single year

If she wanted, she would have probably at least tied with her records, in 2016, releasing ANTI - Work + Needed Me (#7, zero promotion, blocked video) + Love On The Brain (video + promotion...) + This Is What You Came For (#3 with 0 promo, late video release). But like she said, she couldn't care less about her chart performance. She flops in flopping though. A legend. :smiley:

PS. Desperado & Woo are coming for another two #1s. :smiley:

Edited by Badboidami

1 minute ago, Mr Boots said:

the thing about this chart is madonna could still top it multiple times

True. It's such a worthless chart. 

Is this the one where DJs report what they play in clubs? :rip: 

Why Pose?

Desperado is better.

1 hour ago, Letters From Adi said:

Rihanna is the first act to achieve as many as six No. 1s from an album since Katy Perry landed seven from the original edition of Teenage Dream in 2010-12: "California Gurls," the title cut, "Peacock," "Firework," "E.T.," "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" and "The One That Got Away."

The Barbadian Katy! :eli: 

Is Desperado somewhere on the chart already?

8 hours ago, Sexy Boy said:

Is Desperado somewhere on the chart already?

Not yet. Pose's remixes were issued in April but didn't start charting until late May.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.