Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• BlazingLovatic

• bestfiction

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this rule!

Loving how PROGRESSIVE the UK charts are. When will the US? :clap3: 

"2. Once a track has been on the chart for at least 10 weeks and has declined for three consecutive weeks its streaming to sales ratio will change from 150:1 to 300:1 in an attempt to accelerate its disappearance from the chart"

I can't even begin to explain how dumb this one is. So if a track by a new artist spent its first 15 weeks in the bottom of the chart, and for some reason declined 1 spot for 3 consecutive weeks before finally exploding and becoming massive, it wouldn't be able to reach #1 even if it was outstreaming the current #1 with a 75% lead over it. This rule is absolute garbage, sorry!

I think by saying "track" it means non-single? I'm confused cuz it's just unreasonable for singles to get the same treatment, 10 weeks is way too short

22 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

I think by saying "track" it means non-single? I'm confused cuz it's just unreasonable for singles to get the same treatment, 10 weeks is way too short

Singles are getting the same treatment. :deadbanana2: And you're right– it is unreasonable. Extraordinarily unreasonable.

1 minute ago, alexanderao said:

Singles are getting the same treatment. :deadbanana2: And you're right– it is unreasonable. Extraordinarily unreasonable.

omg. sad. :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

it's because they're trying to go back to the thing they used to have where songs would have around 1 week at the top

the problem is, streaming has revealed that that was wholly inaccurate. but they want to go back to their old inaccurate system because that's what they're used to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.