Streaming Discussion | Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, etc.

QueenofCopyPaste

5 minutes ago, Agenor said:

You should emphasize these are on-demand streams, soon enough they will be refuting you because of the huge youtube numbers LWYMMD had in its first week.

I could but it's Post Malone vs Taylor Swift. It's not like I'm comparing another huge pop star to Taylor. Taylor's streaming on all platforms went down after week 1 too, so I can see Post having another big second week. He is the top song on TTH and the cover photo as well now

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• Starkboy

• QueenofCopyPaste

• omrimayo

6 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

I could but it's Post Malone vs Taylor Swift. It's not like I'm comparing another huge pop star to Taylor. Taylor's streaming on all platforms went down after week 1 too, so I can see Post having another big second week. He is the top song on TTH and the cover photo as well now

I was just trying to save you from others quoting you and saying that it's not true because LWYMMD did 88 million streams in its first week. :)

4 hours ago, B-Rabbit said:

Post Malone did 36.7 million streams this week which was more than Taylor Swift's LWYMMD debut week :alexz:

These are global numbers right? if so, Sam And Taylor had bigger numbers...:cm:

Edited by Lil Brush

4 hours ago, Agenor said:

I was just trying to save you from others quoting you and saying that it's not true because LWYMMD did 88 million streams in its first week. :)

Sam did 40 million in the first week... do basically post is only THIRD best, behind Sam And Taylor, Pop always wins :fan:

EDIT: Post unfortunately did outstream Sam by six million extra streams but the point is, Post did not outstream Taylor...

Edited by Lil Brush

16 minutes ago, Lil Brush said:

Sam did 40 million in the first week... do basically post is only THIRD best, behind Sam And Taylor, Pop always wins :fan:

EDIT: Post unfortunately did outstream Sam by six million extra streams but the point is, Post did not outstream Taylor...

On on-demand streaming, Post did outstream Taylor

1 minute ago, B-Rabbit said:

TF is this mess?  :biblio:

Edited by Lil Brush

2 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

This might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't YouTube streams count as on-demand streams? You're watching the video upon request way more than on Spotify where, when you don't have premium, you can't always skip the songs playing. I'm just curious.

3 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

This might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't YouTube streams count as on-demand streams? You're watching the video upon request way more than on Spotify where, when you don't have premium, you can't always skip the songs playing. I'm just curious.

YouTube is On-Demand Streaming too. It's Video On-Demand.

Billboard just incorrectly named the chart with audio on-demand streams "On-Demand Streaming" so most people generally think only audio streams are on-demand.

Just now, iHype. said:

YouTube is On-Demand Streaming too. It's Video On-Demand.

Billboard just incorrectly named the chart with audio on-demand streams "On-Demand Streaming" so most people generally think only audio streams are on-demand.

Oh ok, thank you :angelo:

5 hours ago, Agenor said:

46 minutes ago, Lil Brush said:

These are global numbers right? if so, Sam And Taylor had bigger numbers...:cm:

No? US numbers

43 minutes ago, Lil Brush said:

??

Sam had 21m total US streams first week. Post is doubling that

You got all your numbers very confused

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

No? US numbers

??

Sam had 21m total US streams first week. Post is doubling that

You got all your numbers very confused

Damn..I thought these were global numbers but neitherless both Sam And Taylor are still out streaming with overall numbers but he might catch up :rip:

Edited by Lil Brush

Okay so K-Pop is actually becoming a thing in the US. BTS really deserves it so i'm here for it.

And wow. Post Malone will be kinda on lock for #1 this week if radio starts supporting it a little bit!

Lil Pump top 50. This is a not a drill. :rip:

Rockstar up again :jonny:

I Get The Bag with a new peak of #18! :clap3:Album release 10/17

Glorious #22 (album release effect)

• ATRL Moderator

rockstar gaining?? hello?? we're not ready!

9. Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato | 907,169

12. Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift | 878,457

:soda:

Wow at Rockstar having almost 3M

16 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

9. Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato | 907,169

12. Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift | 878,457

:soda:

Wow at Rockstar having almost 3M

Demi jumping and almost repeaking :soda: 

1 hour ago, alestevens said:

Okay so K-Pop is actually becoming a thing in the US. BTS really deserves it so i'm here for it.

And wow. Post Malone will be kinda on lock for #1 this week if radio starts supporting it a little bit!

Not with those sales drops

12 hours ago, Green said:

Will he top Billboard streaming songs?

I have BY at 44M and Rockstar at 42M

QueenofCopyPaste
1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Has to be from the behind the scenes :celestial5:

Interesting... Very interesting

Definitely as it was uploaded on that day again

How is Lecrae, Macklemore, Kevin Gates, Fergie and The Killers doing on Apple Music?

I wanna know if The Killers have a chance to debut at #1 on Billboard 200? :dancehall: 

On Spotify only Macklemore has songs in the top 200

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.