Streaming Discussion | Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, etc.

QueenofCopyPaste

Rockstar is a super smash since the first play, I'm shocked how it getting 6M WW streams on Spotify everyday But I'm pleased, It is big and and it will be huge.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• Starkboy

• QueenofCopyPaste

• omrimayo

butterflysupreme
2 hours ago, Marq said:

btw if Post Malone was black he would not be smashing this hard WW

:ahh:

2 hours ago, Marq said:

btw if Post Malone was black he would not be smashing this hard WW

Are you saying that the entire worldwide are racist?? :ace:

look is losing a lot of steam and seems like it was riding the coattails of 1989.

19 minutes ago, I. AX said:

look is losing a lot of steam and seems like it was riding the coattails of 1989.

GP doesn't love the song. That's okay and I don't think it's that important overall, but we'll see.

First week showed her fan base is still more than here for her. 

New update– rockstar 2,722,183

• ATRL Moderator

how did bts gain on spotify

Just now, Yndda said:

Idk :jonny4:

-

US Spotify

55. (+6) BTS - DNA 435,833 (+51,564)

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Kyungsoowift said:

-

US Spotify

some of their stans are apparently using VPNs to get them on the h100 (from twitter)... hope this isn't the case

they're probably gonna overdo it and billboard will ignore the streams and consider them "anomalies"

Edited by Yndda

9 minutes ago, Kyungsoowift said:

-

US Spotify

Omg 

6 minutes ago, Yndda said:

some of their stabs are apparently using VPNs to get them on the h100 (from twitter)... hope this isn't the case

they're probably gonna overdo it and billboard will ignore the streams and consiser them "anomalies"

Has this ever happened?

14 minutes ago, Yndda said:

if you look at the playlist tab on spotontrack they were added to a lot of playlists yesterday, could be the reason why

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Has this ever happened?

we don't exactly know bc billboard doesn't point out when these anomalies happen. they like to be silent

I guess the best example is the Dangerous Woman haul when people bought like 15 albums in separate orders in person to get her to move up on the bb200. you didn't see her fly up that chart did you

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/5/15533760/harry-styles-streaming-data-billboard-tumblr-fan-effort

Edited by Yndda

5 hours ago, Coklek92 said:

Are you saying that the entire worldwide are racist?? :ace:

The song is catchy as all hell and I can see why it's smashing on its own but please show me a true core sonic difference between Rockstar and other catchy trap songs created by black rappers (most of which fail to top the global chart, aside from Humble) that would justify why it blew up worldwide in an instant? 

Post Malone being white makes him instantly more accessible. There's no denying. 

Yall will stay acting like my analyses/statements are outrageous when they're actually true

1 hour ago, Marq said:

The song is catchy as all hell and I can see why it's smashing on its own but please show me a true core sonic difference between Rockstar and other catchy trap songs created by black rappers (most of which fail to top the global chart, aside from Humble) that would justify why it blew up worldwide in an instant? 

Post Malone being white makes him instantly more accessible. There's no denying. 

Yall will stay acting like my analyses/statements are outrageous when they're actually true

Post Malone has some of the best melodies if not the best so that is the main difference between him and other rappers.

If your statement is so true, why is there less than 5 white rappers hat are halfway big in hip hop

Edited by B-Rabbit

1 hour ago, B-Rabbit said:

Post Malone has some of the best melodies if not the best so that is the main difference between him and other rappers.

If your statement is so true, why is there less than 5 white rappers hat are halfway big in hip hop

I am discussing the global appeal of rap music and pointing out the way that a white rapper has crossed over into worldwide success with swiftness and ease in comparison to the number of black rappers with extremely similar sounds and similarly catchy melodies who have found success in the US but have struggled to reach the same success in other markets.

My point is not hard to see.

1 minute ago, Marq said:

I am discussing the global appeal of rap music and pointing out the way that a white rapper has crossed over into worldwide success with swiftness and ease in comparison to the number of black rappers with extremely similar sounds and similarly catchy melodies who have found success in the US but have struggled to reach the same success in other markets.

It's his first song to be top 20 WW. Bank Account by 21 Savage peaked at #22 WW

QueenofCopyPaste
15 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

How was love yourself #1 yesterday tho? It doesnt make sense

Its BTS' not Bieber

butterflysupreme
42 minutes ago, Marq said:

I’m sorry but no one even knows what he looks like...

21 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

It's his first song to be top 20 WW. Bank Account by 21 Savage peaked at #22 WW

Not you reducing Rockstar's monster #1 opening to "top 20" in an attempt to equalize  its performance with Bank Account. The majority of the US Spotify charts consists of rap and yet the only rappers I'm seeing top 10 WW are both white.

Bank Account went #1 on US Spotify but didn't crack top 20 WW. We can also look at Bodak Yellow, which hasn't cracked the top 20 WW. Travis Scott is a fairly big figure in the US and both of his recent singles have done great in the US (Goosebumps specifically has had major longevity). Neither cracked top 30 WW.

Bad and Boujee barely cracked the top 10 WW for ****s sake. :deadbanana: The list goes on. My point stands.

1 minute ago, butterflysupreme said:

I’m sorry but no one even knows what he looks like...

This is not true, I literally see him everywhere on social media. He's very popular among the college audience and he's blowing up as we speak, and it's clearly showing through these numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.