Would Gaga slay in 'Wicked' as Glinda?

GentleDance

Stay away from Ari's movie theatre tanker

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

Well, she has been acclaimed and praised for every role she took so big chances she'd do well in Wicked as well. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

7 minutes ago, brraap said:

Stay away from Ari's movie theatre tanker

Gaga's role in 2 out of 3 of her movies were all major award contenders. I don't think Ariana will be up for an Oscar. 

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

She could maybe play an older more mature version of Glinda, but not the one I saw in the trailer. And like another user above me said, I think she would do better in a Wicked Witch of the West role.

No. Different voice type and the character doesn't fit Gaga at all. Elphaba maybe (which is what I think Kristin was getting at) but even that's a stretch. There isn't a role for her in Wicked really. 

Mama Rose from Gypsy, Diana Goodman from Next to Normal, Dot from Sunday in the Park, Desiree from A Little Night Music, Fosca from Passion, Reno Sweeney from Anything Goes, and Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard are the MT roles Gaga should do anyway :eddie:

No.

• Like 1

In a different adaptation, sure. The one that's being released this year fits Ariana better though.

There's nothing about Gaga that suggests to me she would want a role in Wicked as anyone other than Elphaba. 

• Thanks 2

No. That role belongs to Ariana. 

No

As a munchkin extra #2 for sure

Hell no. 

Do we really want Glinda performing in Jazz Clubs on the weekends?

• Haha 3

One of the other wicked witches maybe. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.