It's GAGOVER: Joker 2 nosedives by a record 80%

P.O.P

49 minutes ago, Corso said:

In the history of film maybe.

That's one good thing about it, it'll be famous for being the biggest bomb ever.

YALL have such short term memory. It's kinda weird. Remember how Margot flopped with Babylon? Remember how cate bombed with borderlands a month ago? How Dakota tanked with madame web? Remember cats? 

movies flopped grandly all the time.

Edited by SUNSET BLVD

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hurem

• Yes, AND

• LaFuerza

• NoAngelus

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to watch it yesterday but me and my friend decided to go eat arab food instead, we were not feeling it :sistrens:

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

a unprecedented flop to put it lightly

It's the 143 of movies :gaycat1:

the clown came back to bite but it seems he forgot to buy a movie ticket 

ezgif-5-b867177c5f.gif.8dbf45922b041ea98

• Haha 12

This is why a Joker sequel shouldn't have happened in the first place

cuca-sassy.gif

Not this puling some all-time flop records. ATRL has been insisting this would be an easy smash movie since over a year ago and Wicked was going to be the flop. It seems nobody here actually knows what they're talking about. :ahh:

• Haha 1

I'm gonna be honest.

I didn't and won't watch solely because of Gaga and the fact that it's a musical (because of Gaga). And I LOVED the 1st one.

Not because I'm a hater, but because I know what to expect. No shade to Gaga as an actress, but from what I've seen, her performances are always so 1-dimensional. Gaga thinks leaning her head when speaking is ground-breaking acting. Her performances always come off as pretentious, over the top and try-hard. She's a fantastic singer that excels in so many genres. I just don't think acting is for her.

Maybe she should try the Musical Theater route. At least there, the musical aspect will make sense. Everything that she's done as an actress so far is always somehow linked to music, which takes away from the authenticity of the project, especially for movies like Joker. And I honestly do believe that she had influence in the decision to turn this into a musical.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Revel said:

The FAD is OVER in music and film. Her "career" has been on life support for many years with opportunistic collabs, supporting film roles and ventures with bigger, more talented and savvy artists and actors. Hang it up, she's cooked.

Sadly, this is true. It's so blatantly obvious that her career's been hanging on by a thread (aka male singers/actors + Ariana) for years now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

spacer.png

A show-stopping performance :clap3:

Her performance in the film indeed stopped people from going to see the show... :ryan3:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Then why are you calling her box office poison if it has to be solo to be representative? If your fave switched genres as much as you KatyKats do narratives then perhaps she wouldn't be bombing with solo original music and a studio album unlike Gaga. 

6927e9e3e4597614267e3c2c74822ad6.gif

Musically solo is always more representative, obviously. In movies no. 

It must be so embarrassing to be a Little Monster right now. They were fed big time with a movie and an album, but they're just so terrible. Nobody wants to watch or listen, not even LMs. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just a friendly reminder that cate blanchett's borderlands cost $130 million and grossed $15 million TOTAL in the US.

this happened last month.

any of the haters in here care to share their thoughts about this? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

maybe Bruno can play harlequin for joker 3

Untitled-Project-V1.gif

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, LaFuerza said:

It must be so embarrassing to be a Little Monster right now. They were fed big time with a movie and an album, but they're just so terrible. Nobody wants to watch or listen, not even LMs. 

I'm not embarrassed. All the reviews were very praiseworthy of Gaga. Having seen the movie, I agree, she was the best part. Gaga always wins🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

Just a friendly reminder that cate blanchett's borderlands cost $130 million and grossed $15 million TOTAL in the US.

EVERYONE expected that movie to flop.
Meanwhile, Liddos were expecting this to be $1bn+ movie and look how they fell flat on their face. :ahh:

Edited by Assassin
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

No, because this thread is about Gaga's j:FAD

Untitled-Project-V1.gif

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

giphy.gif

:deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Y'all still trying to make this about Gaga as if she's the reason it's flopping :dies: No matter how much you try to spin it, her acting was praised and she did her part. If anything, people are complaining she wasn't enough in the movie.

That's the narrative her fans were pushing at release. Now, the GP hates her inclusion as it seems to add to the humiliation of Joker's character. 

OT: Pretentiousness finally got GAGA :coffee2:

• Like 2

Just now, perfect blue said:

No, because this thread is about Gaga's j:FAD

Okay that's fine, forced you to think and recognize that box office tanks happen all the time and seldom have any larger consequence beyond giving people like you a reason to feel a fleeting dash of happiness over someone else's failure  for a moment before returning to your misery :campfire:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.