Ariana & Cynthia's Wicked 2nd best presales day of 2024, eyes $100M+ opening weekend

Assassin

8 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

We will NOT be tuning in

Thank you for letting us know Brattybottom! I was on the edge of my seat wondering what your opinion was! So happy that you said it! :jonnyknife:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Matchatea

• suburbannature

• BrattyBottom

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RussianRoulette said:

Most in-demand singer turned actress of our times. :clap3:

The fact that this has 7 likes when Ariana in actually an actress turned singer. Y'all ain't slick.

5 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

Thank you for letting us know Brattybottom! I was on the edge of my seat wondering what your opinion was! So happy that you said it! :jonnyknife:

You are welcome, love. I know how much value my opinion holds in the world and I know all of ATRL was anxiously awaiting my response :heart:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

not trying to jinx it but so glad all the fixation on her downfall was just noise :clap3:ariana is having a smash year

• Like 2

Defying Gravity (Rain On Me Harlequin Version) (feat. Lady Gaga) is coming. 

Just a joke! I really hope the quality will be good. We need a new smash musical movie. The last good ones were Mamma Mia. :chick1:

Well it's a popular IP, had a trailer at the Super Bowl and - most importantly - is advertised properly. Everyone knows what Wicked is and heterosexual men won't be flocking to see this so they'll be no complaints either. They have Gladiator II. 

And to think a movie like JFAD thought they could combine the two demos cleverly by NOT telling one of them what the genre was :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, V$. said:

Waiting for the next update...

5aed4f0f6b31a35106d9fe0b85aeb578.gif

Wicked pre sales in NY and LA, in the theatres where I usually track, are having  a demand comparable to 'Deadpool and Wolverine' (DW) first few hours. It's shockingly high demand. It's really really impressive. It's too early to be sure of anything, but this is the one that can challenge  Inside Out 2 (IO2) place as this year second biggest domestic box office opening weekend.

However, something to keep in mind is that it'll also have lower ATP if compared to IO2 or DW, since both had all PLFs and IMAX screens, while Wicked will split them with Gladiator.

• Like 2

Not every MPG has the talent, singing capabilities, and raw acting skills to garnish such a massive presale :clap3:

Im sure this will debut at $400 million first weekend :gaycat2:

• Thanks 1

I guess musicals can be successful in 2024 after all :jonny6:

Iconic, from homewrecker to box office elixir, only Arianka Grachev. 

I'm truly rooting for Arianka. She could become the next Oscar's darling 

This could be the next Barbie, but it has a lot of competition. Moana and Gladiator are opening the same or around the same weekend.

I'm already seated for Johnathan Bailey's Wicked on opening weekend

I thought nobody is interested in musicals in or was i lied to? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.