Who will outlast the other? Sabrina Carpenter vs. Olivia Rodrigo

KatyPrismSpirit

?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Sabrina Carpenter
    • Olivia Rodrigo

Who do you think will be more successful in 5-10 years from now?

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

Why not both.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why not both.

the one not releasing doja cat karaoke songs.

• Haha 4

the one not releasing doja cat karaoke songs.

I'm rooting for Olivia, but she needs a reinvention because GUTS felt like a deluxe version of SOUR down to the visuals...

She has one more hit album in her, if she switches it up...

• Thanks 3

Olivia but I hope she moves on from the pop-rock sound + sing-talk she did with her last album...

Edited by PYT

Both are here to stay. I think they'll oscillate in popularity, and that will be dependant on the quality of each album/era, and their release schedules.

Both, however, should probably reinvent by their next album. It's cool that they have their own personal brands, but these "purple-themed punk rock" and "camp, pin-up girl with sexual innuendo" shticks can't last forever.

Like every industry, they're going to have to innovate eventually.

Edited by Rihinvention
  • Thanks 1

Olivia is only at her second album, there's a place for her to evolve.

Edited by prézli
  • Like 3

Sabrina by far tbh. Guts was a flop.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

I suprised by the poll results. Olivia already seems 4 years ago. 

• Like 4

Sabrina knows how to deliver the perfect era, the short n' sweet roll out was executed to perfection.. the tayblessings and good will for her will go a long way 

Olivia seems to have more to offer in a long run, but she can also end up like Avril Lavigne while Sabrina can have her Taylor moment

I have a feeling Olivia's gonna be around for a REALLY long time, it'll be even more apparent once she evolves a bit. she has an ear for hits, and I think the charisma to have a really successful long term career

I can see Sabrina having some more success, but she still feels a bit one-dimensional imo. in terms of cultivating a loyal fan base and achieving consistent acclaim, it's way easier for me to see it with Olivia :gaycat1:

• Like 1

Sabrina has been around longer but just blew up recently while Liv started out very big but now is slowly fading

so maybe Sabrina at this point? as long as Liv keeps at it and doesn't worry about her First album numbers she could also last plus shes still very young

Olivia Rodrigo reminds me a bit of Alanis :gaycat1:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Olivia Rodrigo reminds me a bit of Alanis :gaycat1:

Lol don't do Alanis like that. 

Olivia. A true songwriter ALWAYS wins.

• Like 1

Reinvention is everything in politics music and celebrity. Unfortunately, this is especially true for women. Sabrina has proven herself to have this capacity. For now I'd say she will outlast. 

6 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Reinvention is everything in politics music and celebrity. Unfortunately, this is especially true for women. Sabrina has proven herself to have this capacity. For now I'd say she will outlast. 

What's revolutionary about Sabrina she was the same 10 years ago :angelo: Sabrina is really smart and knows how to create buzz that's it but short n sweet is basic 

Olivia is in trouble because she started with too much of a bang and there's nowhere else for her to go but down.

Sabrina's career was a slow burn. She continues to trend upward.

The way this website did a 180 on Olivia and suddenly we have more Sabrina stans here. So shameless. :toofunny2:

I think both will last, but Olivia has it in her to have a long and healthy career imo. The "Guts sounds like Sour" narrative couldn't be more wrong when the former is clearly more rock leaning. It was a natural progression imo and I'm kinda perched to see what she does next with Dan. She's also having one of the biggest female tours of the decade, but this site keeps claiming she's over or a one era wonder. She might never have an era as big as Sour again and would still be fine.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sabrina knows how to play her cards right.

Olivia has spent 6 weeks at #1 so far, Sabrina is about to hit 5 already.

Olivia needs to reinvent herself because she can't serve Sour 3.0 and call it a day

sabrina by far

beauty? sabrina

vocals? sabrina

music? sabrina

lyricism? sabrina

olivia's abc 123-style tracks are bland and boring, she was good (and that's being generous) for an album or two but i dont see her being a pop mainstay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.