Could Bridgit Mendler have had Billie Eilish's career?

prettyinpink940

She was releasing very Billie Eilish-esque sounding music before the actual Billie Eilish blew up

So many pop girls tried to copy Billie Eilish's sound once she became big.

Was Bridgit the OG? Could she have been as big as Billie if she continued releasing bops? It also took Billie a while to break through. 

Idk about the success tbh. Billie blew up in 2017, bridgit released Atlantis the year before in 2016 and was still release droplet singles into 2017. 

Bridgit released quality music unlike other Disney stars, she was too talented for average general public 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vixen Eyes said:

Idk about the success tbh. Billie blew up in 2017, bridgit released Atlantis the year before in 2016 and was still release droplet singles into 2017. 

but wasn't billie also releasing droplet singles for years before her first album in 2019? 

Just now, mistertsa said:

She had bigger plans 

This tbh

3 hours ago, prettyinpink940 said:

but wasn't billie also releasing droplet singles for years before her first album in 2019? 

billie's first song came out in 2015. technically, bridgit's indie pop sound came after billie.

I don't know about being as successful as Billie is now, but her music outside of Hollywood Records was so good (and I actually do love her debut album too for that matter). I guess big labels in 2016 weren't looking to bring her on with the style of music she was making, if she was even pitching to big labels. It's hard when her Disney Channel peers were already signed to major labels by then and some of them already had multiple major hits under their belt.

This 

I think yes but truthfully she never had the hunger Billie has had :michael: Billie and Finneas had a vision and knew how to bring their nightmarish ideas to life while continuously building hype. Bridgit never felt like she was about building hype tbh! she was more about just showcasing her talent with great pop songs. I'm happy for her though, her career has been incredible :clap3: I'd love some new music at some point too of course!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.