Mexican mayor is beheaded six days after taking office

Jotham

MEXICO CITY, Oct 6 (Reuters) - The mayor of the capital of Mexico's violence-plagued state of Guerrero was killed on Sunday less than a week after he took office, the state's governor confirmed.

Alejandro Arcos was killed just six days after he took office as mayor of the city of Chilpancingo, a city of around 280,000 people in southwestern Mexico.

"His loss mourns the entire Guerrero society and fills us with indignation," Guerrero Governor Evelyn Salgado said in a statement shared on social media.

Guerrero's state attorney general's office also said it was investigating his murder.

The official confirmation came after photos circulated on messaging app WhatsApp depicting a severed head on top of a pick-up truck, appearing to be that of Arcos. Reuters could not independently verify the photos' authenticity.

Arcos' death comes just three days after the new city government's secretary, Francisco Tapia, was shot to death.

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• bync

• Nightingale

• réveuse

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg I thought it said president for some reason

y thot it was the new female president I was like whoA

4 minutes ago, Trash said:

Oh, I didn't expect the pictures to be so out there when I googled him.

Terrible, may he rest in peace 

Christ. I just saw the photos. Horrific. Nobody deserves that.

May his soul rest in peace.

I'm not surprised. Remember what happened to the 27 year old, first time female mayor, of Ecuador? She was super young and was assassinated. These countries are beyond hope.

• Like 5

BEHEADED??? WHAT CENTURY IS THIS?

May he rest in peace.

• Like 2

Beheaded??? What in the ISIS is going on there? :mazen:

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Burn said:

Christ. I just saw the photos. Horrific. Nobody deserves that.

May his soul rest in peace.

There's pictures?

Jesus.

:biblio:

54 minutes ago, Trash said:

Terrible, may he rest in peace 

Why did I look them up? :deadbanana: 

Part of me wonders why anyone would run for office in this cities, but I guess some people naively think they can change things. :( 

39 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Beheaded??? What in the ISIS is going on there? :mazen:

cartels do this all the time sadly, they have been for ages. funky town is from there and that ones considered the most brutal "gore video" out there 

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

I'm not surprised. Remember what happened to the 27 year old, first time female mayor, of Ecuador? She was super young and was assassinated. These countries are beyond hope.

they just killed the last mayor of Guerrero in like June of this year then this mayor,  it's pretty bad, idk who will take the job next 

Edited by anastaciabby

Wtf was it that picture on top of a white car? :psyduck: Why did I take this study break, RIP 

• Thanks 2

what do you even do in situations like this? elected official get murdered, the justice system is corrupt, living conditions are not getting any better and no foreign countries would want to get involved in this mess either

:clack:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Trash said:

Sadly you can always expect pics in this kind of situations. 

Claudia acted suprised by saying Chilpancingo usually isn't that dangerous... like... everyone knows Guerrero is a very deep hole the whole time :gaycat6:

Edited by BrokenMachine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sannie said:

Why did I look them up? :deadbanana: 

Part of me wonders why anyone would run for office in this cities, but I guess some people naively think they can change things. :( 

Well, usually they feel protected because of a very strong circle, let's say their party, their own personal security or shady deals in the worst cases. But yeah, it's always an awuful risk, and it happens in the whole country sadly, the recent elections had many politicians being k*ll3d

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.