Milton transforms into one of the strongest recorded Atlantic hurricanes

DAP

5 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:skull: bye, we've had so many migrate down here, literally friends that I haven't seen in years because they live In Tampa and orlando etc. none of them are even thinking of going back because it's "just" a cat 3.

okay, I don't disagree with what you're saying. I'm just reading there are some that aren't taking the storm as seriously.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlanRickman1946

• DAP

• Chemist

So the north is getting the rain and the south is getting the tornados? 

47 minutes ago, DAP said:

:mazen:

35 minutes ago, DAP said:

It's giving The Day After Tomorrow :dancehall: stay safe y'all

Stay safe Floridians! :heart2: Do we have any ATRLers there? (they're probably mentioned on previous pages but I'm lazy :emofish:)

32 minutes ago, Tropical said:

Stay safe Floridians! :heart2: Do we have any ATRLers there? (they're probably mentioned on previous pages but I'm lazy :emofish:)

@makeme is in orlando

• Like 1

Has the surge started yet? :mazen:

A lot of talk of milton being overhyped because of Helenes damage. Honestly Milton weakened a lot by the time it made it to Florida so I think people were expecting category 5 type destruction.

1 hour ago, Distantconstellation said:

A lot of talk of milton being overhyped because of Helenes damage. Honestly Milton weakened a lot by the time it made it to Florida so I think people were expecting category 5 type destruction.

Helene literally hit out of nowhere while people had more time to prepare for Milton. And Helene's high death toll was caused by floodings particularly in North Carolina, where the soil was saturated from previous (unrelated) rain, preventing proper draining.

In Florida it was mostly infrastructure damage due to the storm surge (which Milton is also likely to cause)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Distantconstellation said:

Apparently those who aren't in coastal towns are mostly fine. 

Figured I would update you guys,

Woke up with power and no damage to my house. There's a lot of branches in the yard and pool but that was to be expected. One of the Magnolia trees in my yard split in half 

Now we just wait and pray that our insurance doesn't go up a crazy amount. Our insurance market here is horrible. 

Edited by makeme
  • Like 7

The sun is shining again in South Florida. We were never in danger, with the exception of a tornado warning, but surprisingly there was hardly any rainfall at all. My friends that live somewhat close to Tampa are also doing well, but they're not right off the coast

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.