Why do so many people continue to buy Iphones like its 2007 ? Galaxy is much better.

MoonGoodandHappy

1 hour ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

gurl, its not that serious. calm down.

Hide contents

and throw your iphone buy a samsung galaxy

I'll buy one if you lend me the money :gaycat3:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• MoonGoodandHappy

• Breathe On Moi

• Virgos Groove

I owned both but Samsung (Android) is the best. It offers much more freedom, personalisation and most importantly functionality.

I bet most of the Apple fan boys in this thread are still running on an LCD 60hz display. :clack:

Upgrade! :bird:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

technology, for a lot of people, is not just the on-paper specs of a device, but an experience

Exactly. If i cared about tech specs i wouldn't carry an iPhone 12 lol

And i'm not upgrading to a 16 either bc my phone works flawlessly. 

38 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

IShite stans already invading this thread

the title of this dumbass thread is literally a question directed towarda iPhone users

7 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Exactly. If i cared about tech specs i wouldn't carry an iPhone 12 lol

And i'm not upgrading to a 16 either bc my phone works flawlessly. 

I upgraded from 13 to 16 although I didn't really need to becasue it worked like a charm after 2 years

Which is something I can't say about my slow ass old Samsung :rip: 

Edited by Kern
  • Haha 2

I tried getting into Samsung, but I just couldn't.

It just doesn't seem as "nicely put together" as iOS. It seems like the development team has ALOT of great ideas, but poor implementation with no regards of it playing together nicely. All of the Samsung stock apps fall short in comparison with the Google version of these apps (phone/messages/email) etc. The UI these days looks like a cheap knockoff of iOS. 

Also at some points there's just TOO MUCH customization to the point that it's anxiety inducing. Why do I have to download a separate app to customize some things as well (Good Lock)? Why just not integrate it in settings? Kinda hypocritical of me complaining about that but there's no reason I should download a separate app just to make my icons bigger.

Also, and this is more of an Android complaint than Samsung, but every 3rd party app that's developed for Android/iOS, the iOS implementation is loads better. WhatsApp, Telegram, Snapchat, even some Google apps are better on iOS.

Also the "Galaxy Themes" store is HORRIBLE. a bunch of ugly themes and fake "kawaii" crap that's just makes these phones look like cheap Korean toys. 

Also Android Auto is bad. Like really bad.

But on a positive note, the AI stuff is loads better than iOS, the phones are pretty, they are hella customizable if you're into that!

• Like 1

Having switched from Galaxy to iPhone last year for the first time ever I can attest to this, iPhone is truly a garbage phone. Galaxy has so many capabilities that I'm very confused as to why the most popular phone wouldn't have. Also I hate how it's so difficult to get to everything and do things you want to do, it's like Apple made this phone how they want you to use it while Galaxy made it how you want to use it. Not to mention the camera being complete **** on the iPhone. I can't wait to switch back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

ALSO THE FACT THAT THE BASE MODEL IPHONE STILL HAS 60 HZ IS RIDICULOUS!!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

it's not, but definitely a good use case :heart:

I don't support this I'm sorry!

58 minutes ago, getBusy said:

I had a Galaxy in 2017 for 9 months and hated it. I hate the way Android manages notifications and the lack of consistency between menus.

I use iPhone because I like the UI and because i don't give a **** about microSD, customization and AI. 

That's crazy because one of my biggest complaints is how iphone manages notifications :dies:

Everything gets lost because you just have one long ass menu to scroll down, who wants to do that? With galaxy you have the icons at the top to show you exactly what it is and expands to show you notifications from each one when you want to see it that way. It's a lot more intuitive and seamless 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I am not the one who made this thread don't get it twisted. I'm 21 & if age matters that much to you I was like 8 in 2011 and doesn't even remember the existence of Yahoo so you must be like 40 instead. I NEVER talk about this whole Samsung vs. Apple thing irl but the opposite keeps happening since new people and my friends keep asking me why do I use an S24 Ultra and didn't spend the same money for an iPhone instead etc. It's giving obsession. I just saw the thread on the homepage, as always saw the misinformation in it and replied to some of them. Don't expect people to keep staying quiet about things, y'all are so closed to different opinions.

Yes hon, I bet you can't step outside without people swarming you with questions about your S24 Ultra. It all comes down to preference and that's all there is about it but it's you who's giving obsession with baiting people into arguments and converting them into Android missionaries.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

The UI these days looks like a cheap knockoff of iOS. 

The iOS looks like a knockoff Android these days which even Apple stans are criticizing and having weird mental breakdowns on apps like Reddit. The tinted icons to color them (a knockoff Material You approach), widgets and all the other recent new customization features are giving cheap Android wannabe phone. 

3 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

All of the Samsung stock apps fall short in comparison with the Google version of these apps (phone/messages/email) etc.

This used to be true back in the day but it has been the opposite since like the S20 series so I wonder which Samsung did you even use? Also this take is a bit contradicting because Samsung and Google are not two rival companies. Google knows Galaxy series are the most popular Android phones in the world and they design the flagships together. Google is literally more careful for the software on flagships Galaxies compared to their own Pixels. You can see that Unpacked events are being done together with Google and has segments for them too. Both stock Samsung apps and apps by Google are deletable and you can use the ones you prefer. They don't even both come pre-loaded so it's not messy too. For me Google Chrome is better than Samsung Internet for example, and that's the only one I *ONLY* prefer Google's side. On other apps I use both depending on what I am doing, which gives me so many features to do if I want to. For example I use both Google Photos for backups and Gallery for editing. Samsung Notes for the pen and Google Keep for syncing, etc. 

8 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

Also at some points there's just TOO MUCH customization to the point that it's anxiety inducing. Why do I have to download a separate app to customize some things as well (Good Lock)? Why just not integrate it in settings? Kinda hypocritical of me complaining about that but there's no reason I should download a separate app just to make my icons bigger.

I definitely see what you're trying to say, but this is entirely wrong. A normal end user should never have to download Good Lock. As someone who loves customizing and has been a Samsung user for years, I never needed to download Good Lock and never did it. It's for *extreme* customization, the stock customization features are already way ahead of iOS. For example you mentioned changing the icon sizes, that doesn't even require Good Lock? I feel like someone gave you a wrong information about you needing Good Lock to do something even though you actually didn't need it. 

JlZYVMl.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

Also the "Galaxy Themes" store is HORRIBLE. a bunch of ugly themes and fake "kawaii" crap that's just makes these phones look like cheap Korean toys. 

I completely agree about this, but once again, you don't need the Galaxy Themes app for customization. All the built in customization settings are already more than enough? Don't use them if you don't like them.

Also Android Auto is bad. Like really bad.

This depends on the cable you're using and the capability of your car. Not every car supports wireless Android Auto or fast cables. Android Auto runs flawlessly on my phone. It's true that they're so picky about the cable, but once you buy a good cable designed just for Android Auto (there are bunch of them) all your problems would've gone away probably. Their recent redesign with tiles on the home screen is also perfect.

ALSO THE FACT THAT THE BASE MODEL IPHONE STILL HAS 60 HZ IS RIDICULOUS!!

At least you spilled on this part :clap3:

• Like 1

Want a hit thread? Just make one of these dumb iphone x android ones and watch it blow up.

• Haha 1

I got my first iPhone as a Christmas gift when I was 9 years old. 13 years on and I'm now too deep in the ecosystem and have grown up becoming so accustomed to Apple's operating systems. To be honest, I have no interest in even trying out Galaxy/Android.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Prodigal Self said:

Yes hon, I bet you can't step outside without people swarming you with questions about your S24 Ultra. It all comes down to preference and that's all there is about it but it's you who's giving obsession with baiting people into arguments and converting them into Android missionaries.

Do you actually have friends or people to talk to in real life? Like it's actually not that hard to imagine. Yes whenever I talk about technology with my friends, these topics get brought up, just like how it is happening in ATRL right now. If you're using your time on internet to mindlessly attack other people for the phone they're using, then the same discussions can happen irl too lol. Of course when I'm sitting with my friends and whenever we talk about the latest technology news etc. we talk about our phones, the smartwatch we're using, the recent Apple keynote and such. It's literally SO EASY to imagine... Sorry for you if ATRL is the only place you can have these discussions.

Also once again you should check that I am not the one who made this thread, and I just replied to some of to posts since they had some wrong informations on them. You don't decide what I reply to or not, i'm not converting anyone :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I've had the Samsung Galaxy S3, 6, 9 and now 24 and work gave me an iPhone 13 back in March which is the first time I'm using an iPhone and well I still prefer Android.

Edited by Into The Void
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

Above all things, it's the build quality for me. I only need a phone for 3 things. Internet, camera and music. Most people don't need that AI or personal customization sh*t. We just want a phone that works perfectly fine and Iphone does everything seemlessly.

I used to be a galaxy user but I always encounter a lot of software issues or the device suddenly dying for no reason. Or whatever. Iphones could last more than 5 years. I took me 6 years to upgrade from X to 15pro and I think I'll be keeping this phone for a while. 

My only problem is battery cause when the phone is 4 years old, battery kinda sucks. But a part from that, I'm totally fine with what I have.

Android can do those 3 things too LOL

• Thanks 1

I agree, and at this point it's not even just Samsung that's bypassed Apple. Samsung, Google, ASUS, Huawei, Sony, Motorola, and others all have flagship phones that are comparable or better overall. 

• Thanks 1

Blackberry was super duper popular in 2007

Let people but whatever they want. Also that way I can keep judging those who get iphones just for the looks and then you see them with shattered screens because can't afford repairing it :lakitu:

• Haha 1

iPhones just... work. I've had Androids for as long as I can remember, but I bought an iPhone 15 a month ago and love it. I do miss some of the access Androids provide (transfering files on iOS is a nightmare :rip:), but the convenience makes up for it.

Plus, most Android UI's are just ad-filled bloatware, with the design being a rip-off of iOS. It's one of the reasons I stopped buying Xiaomi's, even if the hardware and value-for-money was great. If they made some high-end Android One phones, maybe I'd reconsider.

I miss the early-10s when the different operative systems all had distinctive styling and appeal. :gaycat6:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJMCkCyubFVlehdSqyXYbUdbQmICK5SolCbA&s83406?w=70683616?w=1200&fit=clipnokia-n9-05.jpg

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

The iOS looks like a knockoff Android these days which even Apple stans are criticizing and having weird mental breakdowns on apps like Reddit. The tinted icons to color them (a knockoff Material You approach), widgets and all the other recent new customization features are giving cheap Android wannabe phone. 

This used to be true back in the day but it has been the opposite since like the S20 series so I wonder which Samsung did you even use? Also this take is a bit contradicting because Samsung and Google are not two rival companies. Google knows Galaxy series are the most popular Android phones in the world and they design the flagships together. Google is literally more careful for the software on flagships Galaxies compared to their own Pixels. You can see that Unpacked events are being done together with Google and has segments for them too. Both stock Samsung apps and apps by Google are deletable and you can use the ones you prefer. They don't even both come pre-loaded so it's not messy too. For me Google Chrome is better than Samsung Internet for example, and that's the only one I *ONLY* prefer Google's side. On other apps I use both depending on what I am doing, which gives me so many features to do if I want to. For example I use both Google Photos for backups and Gallery for editing. Samsung Notes for the pen and Google Keep for syncing, etc. 

I definitely see what you're trying to say, but this is entirely wrong. A normal end user should never have to download Good Lock. As someone who loves customizing and has been a Samsung user for years, I never needed to download Good Lock and never did it. It's for *extreme* customization, the stock customization features are already way ahead of iOS. For example you mentioned changing the icon sizes, that doesn't even require Good Lock? I feel like someone gave you a wrong information about you needing Good Lock to do something even though you actually didn't need it. 

JlZYVMl.jpeg

I completely agree about this, but once again, you don't need the Galaxy Themes app for customization. All the built in customization settings are already more than enough? Don't use them if you don't like them.

This depends on the cable you're using and the capability of your car. Not every car supports wireless Android Auto or fast cables. Android Auto runs flawlessly on my phone. It's true that they're so picky about the cable, but once you buy a good cable designed just for Android Auto (there are bunch of them) all your problems would've gone away probably. Their recent redesign with tiles on the home screen is also perfect.

At least you spilled on this part :clap3:

1. Yes I agree the app icon tinting is

horrible, and Pixels does it wayyyyy better! 

2. I had a Galaxy ZFlip 5 (I think that's the latest one). Google Messages came pre installed (I guess they were doing away with the Galaxy Messages app). Chrome is way better than the Samsung version. I really liked the Phone app on the pixels and figured downloading it on the Galaxy would be the same

experience but it wasn't (makes sense as the Gemini features were Pixel exclusive features at one point)

3. I had to download Good Lock to put apps on the cover screen on the flip, which I found silly because the Razr Flips lets you do that natively. But you know I'm just nitpicking a little bit. The whole "download an app within an app" concept was just confusing. The picture that you attached is for the grid, I wanted the icons themselves to be a bit bigger while maintaining the grid layout, which Good Lock did a great job of doing. I did find some YouTube videos kinda walking me through the process of customizing, so I could've been overwhelmed with all of that info.

4. I did use wireless Android Auto, so it could've just been the lag which even happens on CarPlay at

times. But I will give credit and Google Maps EATS Apple Maps!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

iPhones just... work. I've had Androids for as long as I can remember, but I bought an iPhone 15 a month ago and love it. I do miss some of the access Androids provide (transfering files on iOS is a nightmare :rip:), but the convenience makes up for it.

Plus, most Android UI's are just ad-filled bloatware, with the design being a rip-off of iOS anyways. It's one of the reasons I stopped buying Xiaomi's, even if the hardware and value-for-money was great. If they made some high-end Android One phones, maybe I'd reconsider.

I miss the early-10s when the different operative systems all had distinctive styling and appeal. :gaycat6:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJMCkCyubFVlehdSqyXYbUdbQmICK5SolCbA&s83406?w=70683616?w=1200&fit=clipnokia-n9-05.jpg

You don't have the right to talk about Androids if you used a Xiaomi then upgraded to an iPhone.

• Like 1

umm

Smartphone tech has seriously stagnated and none of the phones are all that impressive in 2024. I honestly can't think of a singular feature Android OS could adopt that could make me change. And I was a hardcore Pixel 3 stan.

AI is not that impressive anymore. All of the photos look good across the flagship phones. What else is there?

Who cares about customizing icons? :rip: You have the freedom to do useless things on Android I guess.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.