Why wasn't Madonna able to get a smash hit 34 years into her career like Cher did?

Pikachoo

2 hours ago, Charmed Life said:

You would think Liddos would have learned to stop counting their chickens before they hatch, but here we are. Let's just hope the next album turns out to be the HIT you think it will be and wont flop or be panned like her latest projects.

Where did i say anything about LG7 being a HIT or somethng? My point is, we're moving on from the mess JOKER created.. as the user pointed out that I rather have blockscreenings to save JFAD's BO instead of dragging Madonna in this very thread

:gaycat6:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FrederickGa

• Charmed Life

• dabunique

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Girl go to sleep

why despite the plethora of albums she's released she doesn't have a single diamond album? I don't think she even has one that's more than 5x platinum 

this ain't the fight u want

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

Because CHER is more RESPECTED Legend

She is not :deadbanana4:

And Cher's Believe was an anomaly that not even she could recreate despite several attempts later. It was a good song that came at the right time for her and nothing else. Madonna's just fine not getting another hit ever again in her life and this comparison is very dumb as Cher doesn't have 1/10 of Madonna's achievements and success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

That user said, Gaga's career is over after 5years so I was just laying the facts after Gaga's 16years in the industry..

Her music career was on life support in 2013. Reading is fundamental.

Keep peddling the narrative about "Madonna worst actress of the century" as much as you like. It still won't change the fact Harlequin and JFAD flopped and she will never be as successful as Madonna in music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Cher is still the oldest female to have a #1 hit, with new music, on the Billboard Hot 100 with Believe - 

And I don't mean to discount Mariah Carey or Brenda Lee with their Christmas Songs going #1. 

I think it's as important and impressive of an achievement- just pointing it out for clarification and factual reasons. 

And Madonna did have huge international hits with Hung Up (2006 age 47) and 4 minutes with Justin Timberlake (2008 age 49) 

Edited by MichaelW

3 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

Where did i say anything about LG7 being a HIT or somethng? My point is, we're moving on from the mess JOKER created.. as the user pointed out that I rather have blockscreenings to save JFAD's BO instead of dragging Madonna in this very thread

:gaycat6:

You implied it would be, but nothing is guaranteed. What we know is the first single is due very soon, so there's a possibility the stench from JFAD will permeate LG's album. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

• Like 1

Just now, lonnie said:

And Cher's Believe was an anomaly that not even she could recreate despite several attempts later. It was a good song that came at the right time for her and nothing else. Madonna's just fine not getting another hit ever again in her life and this comparison is very dumb as Cher doesn't have 1/10 of Madonna's achievements and success.

The lies.. CHER's overall album units are almost 1/3 of Madonna's, plus CHER is an OSCAR Winner

And to reiterate, CHER is alot more RESPECTED than Madonna

• Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, Charmed Life said:

You implied it would be, but nothing is guaranteed. What we know is the first single is due very soon, so there's a possibility the stench from JFAD will permeate LG's album. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

I mean your kind already branded Gaga as over after 5years and now below Katy Perry after Harlequin so why are you expecting SMASH Numbers from LG7?

:coffee:

9 minutes ago, lonnie said:

you know what, as OP of this thread, I was going to stay out of it because I was asking a genuine question. but the Cher disrespect has got to stop.

cher-outfits-tout.jpg

Screenshot-2024-10-07-at-10-52-46-madonn

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, FrederickGa said:

I mean your kind already branded Gaga as over after 5years and now below Katy Perry after Harlequin so why are you expecting SMASH Numbers from LG7?

:coffee:

I didn't say either. You were the one that said you were moving on to LG7, not me. What are you going to move on to when that flops? There's literally nothing else apart from Vegas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pikachoo said:

but the Cher disrespect has got to stop.

The Cher disrespect will stop once the Madonna disrespect stops.

• Thanks 5

The lies.. CHER's overall album units are almost 1/3 of Madonna's, plus CHER is an OSCAR Winner

None of this makes her more successful or more respected than Madonna. Cher's career as a musician is largely overlooked by critics, her only acclaim comes from her film career 40 years ago and even with that she never maintained an acclaimed acting career. The only time she's regularly brought up is by pop stans to spite Madonna which is sad because even then y'all never actually appreciate her :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

you know what, as OP of this thread, I was going to stay out of it because I was asking a genuine question. but the Cher disrespect has got to stop.

cher-outfits-tout.jpg

Screenshot-2024-10-07-at-10-52-46-madonn

Let that Oscar go for the love of god :rip:

My god she won an Oscar 37 years ago good for her :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Charmed Life said:

I didn't say either. You were the one that said you were moving on to LG7, not me. What are you going to move on to when that flops? There's literally nothing else apart from Vegas.

An album and a tour hopefully is coming hun, you're welcome to join 

s:wan:

Once again what does Cher winning an Oscar have to do with her music?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

So is Barbra, it's hardly a unique achievement.

Cher isn't more respected at all. She used to get a lot of **** about her surgeries before the GP moved on to attacking MJ and Madonna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An album and a tour hopefully is coming hun

A 20 date tour on the back of a flop album like she did with Chromatica, you mean?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

None of this makes her more successful or more respected than Madonna. Cher's career as a musician is largely overlooked by critics, her only acclaim comes from her film career 40 years ago and even with that she never maintained an acclaimed acting career. The only time she's regularly brought up is by pop stans to spite Madonna which is sad because even then y'all never actually appreciate her :deadbanana2:

Let that Oscar go for the love of god :rip:

My god she won an Oscar 37 years ago good for her :laugh:

What do u mean, CHER's iconography has very much IMPACTED LGBT Culture a lot.. Madonna's MUSIC has a lot more impact but CHER's aesthetics/visuals are more referenced and paid homage

Madonna is the bigger musician, but Cher is the bigger celebrity 

:giraffe:

• Thumbs Down 5

13 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

What do u mean, CHER's iconography has very much IMPACTED LGBT Culture a lot.. Madonna's MUSIC has a lot more impact but CHER's aesthetics/visuals are more referenced and paid homage

:bibliahh:  Before Cher came along with "Believe", it was Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Madonna and Kylie that mostly impacted LGBT community, sweetie.

Edited by Charmed Life
  • Like 1

@FrederickGa is in here fighting for Cher out of all people yet is nowhere to be found in the Joker mega thread.

04c3f780-b6f2-453f-b229-20c73b5196af_480

Oh gee I wonder why.

5 minutes ago, Charmed Life said:

A 20 date tour on the back of a flop album like she did with Chromatica, you mean?

We'll see s:wan:

Just now, FrederickGa said:

CHER's iconography has very much IMPACTED LGBT Culture a lot

This is true, Cher is indeed a cultural icon

1 minute ago, FrederickGa said:

Madonna's MUSIC has a lot more impac

Also true, and glad you're not delusional enough to think otherwise

1 minute ago, FrederickGa said:

but CHER's aesthetics/visuals are more referenced and paid homage

But this is a lie. Other than the few hit tweets on Twitter every now and then, Cher's contributions to pop are usually unmentioned.

This is also false. The fact is, aside from her Oscar win nearly 40 years ago Cher doesn't have anything on Madonna. She's released like 40 albums and only 5 of them are certified upwards of Platinum and the last time she saw the inside of the top 40 was literally Believe 26 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Charmed Life said:

:bibliahh:  Before Cher came along with "Believe", it was Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Madonna and Kylie that impacted LGBT community, sweetie.

And currently? Who among Madonna and Cher are more referenced?

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

@FrederickGa is in here fighting for Cher out of all people yet is nowhere to be found in the Joker mega thread.

04c3f780-b6f2-453f-b229-20c73b5196af_480

Oh gee I wonder why.

GIRL, read the Gaga Base.. I'm not fighting OGHs in the JOKER Thread because I am fighting cupcake GAGA stans in the Gaga Base

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.