Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

leyaris11

1 hour ago, leyaris11 said:

To turn a movie with the length of depth and dark, tackle on modern society issue, trauma, mental illness and Oscar nom into a high school musical??? 

I'm disappointed and sad tho! 

ne7LodF.gif

The movie is a disaster but not the first musical treating dark or complex themes. Dancing in the Dark, Hedwig and the angry inch, or even the adaptation of Sweeney Todd, are good-brilliant musicals with a very dark/serious side. Any idea is good if you know how to develop it, but they didn´t.

Edited by UnRayuki
  • Like 1

The idea had potential to be outstanding and a subversion of Hollywood's interpretation of musicals, Todd simply didn't have the vernacular and ability to execute it correctly. 

• Like 2

I think they thought because  A Star Is Born was so successful grossing over 400 million that it would be a good idea to make it a musical and throw Lady Gaga in it.

Edited by popstyle

Hopefully Hollywood will stop terrorizing us by turning beloved franchise films into undercover musicals without advertizing it as such in the trailers and marketing. I was fuming when I watched new Mean Girls and they started singing ughhh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.