Do we need a dedicated thread for swifties' conspiracy theories?

Jacobdaniel

Should Swifties get their own thread to theorize in?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Swifties get their own thread to theorize in?

• Yes
    • No

It seems like every major pop cultural event, Swifties are hijacking discussions with speculation that Taylor is somehow involved.

• When Nicki was releasing Pink Friday 2, swifties were convinced she'd be a surprise feature
  • They repeated themselves with Cowboy Carter, spreading misinformation that Taylor was featured on Bodyguard
  • Now they're doing it again with the brat remix album, convincing themselves tay will be on the Sympathy is a Knife remix.

But they do it with more than just features:

• Spreading rumors Taylor would make a surprise appearance at the DNC (beyhive is guilty here too)
  • When Taylor wasn't at her seat most of the VMAs, presumably because she was uncomfortable with the 24/7 "Taylor Cam," Swifties were very sure of themselves it was because Taylor was backstage getting ready for a surprise performance.
  • Also at the VMAs, many in the fanbase somehow convinced themselves Halsey's guitarist was Taylor because they thought they looked similar.
  • When Sabrina Carpenter wore a black dress at her tour recently, Swifties interpreted it as an easter egg hinting that Rep TV is coming soon

What other examples of this can you think of? Do we need a dedicated master thread where her fans can discuss these kinds of delusions?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Swiftie conspiracies should be deplatformed, not given space to fester. 

8 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

many in the fanbase somehow convinced themselves Halsey's guitarist was Taylor because they thought they looked similar.

That was a joke, not a conspiracy. :rip:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

It seems like every major pop cultural event, Swifties are hijacking discussions with speculation that Taylor is somehow involved.

• When Nicki was releasing Pink Friday 2, swifties were convinced she'd be a surprise feature
  • They repeated themselves with Cowboy Carter, spreading misinformation that Taylor was featured on Bodyguard
  • Now they're doing it again with the brat remix album, convincing themselves tay will be on the Sympathy is a Knife remix.

But they do it with more than just features:

• Spreading rumors Taylor would make a surprise appearance at the DNC (beyhive is guilty here too)
  • When Taylor wasn't at her seat most of the VMAs, presumably because she was uncomfortable with the 24/7 "Taylor Cam," Swifties were very sure of themselves it was because Taylor was backstage getting ready for a surprise performance.
  • Also at the VMAs, many in the fanbase somehow convinced themselves Halsey's guitarist was Taylor because they thought they looked similar.
  • When Sabrina Carpenter wore a black dress at her tour recently, Swifties interpreted it as an easter egg hinting that Rep TV is coming soon

What other examples of this can you think of? Do we need a dedicated master thread where her fans can discuss these kinds of delusions?

ddd the way every single one of these (except maybe the Bodyguard feature and the fake SIAK billboard) were deeply unserious jokes, and I think most Swifties were hoping she didn't show up at the DNC :deadbanana2:

theyre-more-obsessed-with-her-than-swifties-are-v0-dnogsv5jgfhc1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=47080f83ec18becce43e691cbabff835cd8d1e99

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Yes because I would definitely check in on that often just to see what Taylord might be putting out next

If it's about guessing the release dates for the 2 x remaining Taylor's Versions, **** no.

I will never understand the appeal in that. It's an album that we've already heard…that we know is coming. 

There are creators out here who have wasted the majority of 2023 and 2024 trying to figure out the RELEASE DATE for albums we already have.

If it comes on December 19th 2024 or June 7th 2025…who cares? They'll come when they come. Wasting 2 years creating content to try and accurately guess the date is such a waste of your life.

Like what's the end goal? 

"YES! YES! OMFG! YOU GUYS! I was RIGHT! I SAID IT WOULD BE MARCH 7TH, 2025 and I was RIGHT!"

My god. Pull yourself together. That is peak horse girl behaviour.

Edited by Rihinvention
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Swiftie conspiracies should be deplatformed, not given space to fester. 

That was a joke, not a conspiracy. :rip:

halseys guitarist was the chick from maneskin but no one clocked that :dies: 

Taylor hasn't been the topic of major discussion on here since the presidential debate… we're relishing in the 2 most recent flops from the fads of the late 2000s

Do we need a dedicated thread for conspiracy theories about swifties' conspiracy theories?

• Haha 1

Why would anyone know all this without being a fan?:rip: I haven't even heard of half of it as a stan

• Haha 1

If the mods can lock them into that thread and away from the rest of ATRL, yes.

:suburban:

It seems you spend too much time in swiftie spaces :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.