Todd Phillips abandons DC & Joker 2 after tankery: "i feel like my time is done"

Kayseri Mantisi

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

thankfully it's not a CATS MUSICAL moment :celestial3:

We don't talk about that :suburban:

• Haha 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjorn

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Assassin

• Human Fly

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

thoughts? :confused:

i wish he also just accepted the fact that he did a huge mistake and ruined everything with removing GaGa's scenes, not realizing she was the #1 thing people wanted to see in this movie... :spin: he needs to KNOW that this was all his fault :doc:

Girl this is not the reason the film it's flopping. It has nothing to do with Gaga

The Joker's audience is not here for musicals :skull: 

The first film was nominated for 11 Oscars including Picture, Director and Actor and winning Actor. And it was a massive success.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bjorn said:

She'll always have JFAD in her resume. She's the co-star of this film. She's on the poster. She's doing interviews with Joaquin. The marketing for this film has been dare I say HER moreso than him. And what about Harlequin album? Why did y'all let it flop so badly? 

Resume? :ahh:Why the f uck you're talking like its some type of job application or smth? Its freaking Lady Gaga. She'll book whatever she wants for her lifetime. 

And every single actors and actresses have low rated movies in their filmography. As long as they do their job its fine. Stop overreacting. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Human Fly said:

Resume? :ahh:Why the f uck you're talking like its some type of job application or smth? Its freaking Lady Gaga. She'll book whatever she wants for her lifetime. 

And every single actors and actresses have low rated movies in their filmography. As long as they do their job its fine. Stop overreacting. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

not Gaga & Katy inadvertently kicking old white men out of the entertainment industry one-project-at-a-time :eek:

Ppl should also blame Phoenix for his disastrous hands when his ego is too big to catch. It was his idea to transform it as musical lol

Edited by Villas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Me & My Hits said:

Not more than Gaga's fans, tho

R1CScCP.jpeg

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Me & My Hits said:

Oh I love being noticed, thanks :heart:

Here's one more reaction to you

8YR2jZz.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Proseductice said:

They should've left the movie alone with the first one, I don't know. Sequels are always ambitious but he didn't follow the needs of the audience that made the first one successful. Not that he should've sacrificed his vision and art for the masses, but I'm not sure what he was expecting. There had to have been some middle ground solution. 

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not sure making it a musical is what's wrong here. Sometimes big swings can work….. it just seems like he didn't have the talent to actually pull it off….:doc:

• Like 1

If this is what it takes for The Hangover director to retire then Thank You Lee :clap3: 

gaga should star in a marvel movie next so those directors quit too. her humanitarian work is unparalleled 

BEFALRx.gif

Edited by abittipsy
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, bjorn said:

Deflection. You're just explaining your opinion? Of what YOU think the reasons are. 
What matters are the reviews and the sales.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The facts are Lady Gaga is getting praised for her role and acting and that the reason for the movie flopping is not solely on her, yet here you are dragging the woman instead of the other two men involved. You're the failure Björn. 

IMG_8382.thumb.gif.93d07edf1859896b05a18

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bjorn said:

spacer.png

I love how you're "shady gif" includes her literally holding her Oscar :rip:

11 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

In that same page people write Gaga is the best of part of movie

saying she's the best part of a terrible movie isn't exactly a flex.

8 hours ago, bjorn said:

She'll always have JFAD in her resume. She's the co-star of this film. She's on the poster. She's doing interviews with Joaquin. The marketing for this film has been dare I say HER moreso than him. And what about Harlequin album? Why did y'all let it flop so badly? 

Ummm ok?

Margot Robbie will always have Babylon, The Legend of Tarzan, Amsterdam, and Birds of Prey on her resume... yet she's still going very strong. Basically every actor in Hollywood has a big fat flop at some point. It's about how you handle it and what their role was. 

Within critics, the industry, and audiences, the blame lies squarely with Todd, who will almost surely go into Directors jail after this (deservedly so). And Joaquin is on thin ice coming off of the Todd Haynes fiasco and Napoleon and Beau is Afraid being flop messes. If anyone is coming out praised and unscathed it's Gaga. She was the saving grace of the film, people wanted more of her, and she deserved a better-written and utilized role. That's the consensus amongst people attached to reality. :cm:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.