Todd Phillips abandons DC & Joker 2 after tankery: "i feel like my time is done"

Kayseri Mantisi

thoughts? :confused:

i wish he also just accepted the fact that he did a huge mistake and ruined everything with removing GaGa's scenes, not realizing she was the #1 thing people wanted to see in this movie... :spin: he needs to KNOW that this was all his fault :doc:

i fear this is his karma for trying to come for monsters...  :sadviolin:

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjorn

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Assassin

• Human Fly

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Joker 1 (without Gaga): success, oscars, billions of dollars, happiness

Joker FAD (with Gaga): flop, razzies, box-office bomb, retirement

trisha-paytas.gif

Joker 1 was a psychological thriller film. Joker 2 is an American musical psychological thriller film.

These two things are not directly comparable, of course if you're making a musical and USE Lady GaGa's star power & talent for years during the shooting and then REMOVE everything about it, it's going to tank.

Learn the difference....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

They should've spent another $50M on reshoots and completely retooled the movie. Or tax write'd it off it entirely ala Batgirl. As is, it's an all-time disaster that will actually probably hurt the first movie's legacy as well. This will be a cautionary tale for decades to come.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Joker 1 was a psychological thriller film. Joker 2 is an American musical psychological thriller film.

These two things are not directly comparable, of course if you're making a musical and USE Lady GaGa's star power & talent for years during the shooting and then REMOVE everything about it, it's going to tank.

Learn the difference....

You're just using hypothetical scenario? What if moment and wishful thinking. Stick to the facts? 

Critics hate it and audience hate it. That's the truth 

spacer.png

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

i want the interviewer to ask him this in person. i want to see his face :khalyan:

• Haha 2

Just now, bjorn said:

You're just using hypothetical scenario? What if moment and wishful thinking. Stick to the facts? 

Critics hate it and audience hate it. That's the truth 

spacer.png

No? There's a reason why this movie isn't directly titled Joker 2, it's like an entirely different movie with a different purpose. You can think of it like announcing a huge musical with Beyoncé, everyone getting hyped, then not seeing Beyoncé in the movie. Exact same thing happened with GaGa, she & Joaquin both know this is not what they signed up for... It's almost like a fraud at this point... :spin:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

OH TOAD SYPHILIS WE ARE NOT DONE WITH YOU YET

BEFALRx.gif

Edited by Mariah4life
  • Haha 14

Very iconic of Gaga to participate in ENDING this old man's career

Gaga ate

spacer.png

• Haha 8

Obviously the movie that made 1b in the box office WW would need Lady Gaga who can't even have a solo hit to be a smash.

She's the reason this tanked.

sa5zwX4.gif

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 11

why did he abandoned this ship so soon? he was the one steering it

he ain't ****

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.