Do monsters like Gaga's music? Why aren't they playing TJ and HM

Digitalism

I saw all the monsters saying HM is her best ballad and praising the joker. 

But they played stupid love more. 

Are the monster lying and they don't actually like her music?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

To be fair I feel like the only people who are streaming Harlequin right now are Monsters. I doubt anyone outside of pop fans even know about the album.

The monsters have concepts of a stream

It's a cute song. I've streamed it like four times, the album once. It's not what I want to hear from her and I've been over her jazz music since 2014 but I'm happy to see she's happy doing it. But just because I'm a Monster doesn't mean I'll be streaming her side-projects.

You know, kinda like Beyoncé fans weren't streaming The Gift. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

happy mistake is not her best ballad. :skull:

monsters wanna hear something over 128 bpm.

i played this album today 5 times. i will play it probably every day in 2024 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Dick said:

hold on now the gift is a masterpiece. :giraffe:

It's a known fact that the last time Gaga was being Gaga was when she released Artpop. No one signed up for horrible songs with real instrumentation and growls when they bought BTW.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

To be fair I feel like the only people who are streaming Harlequin right now are Monsters. I doubt anyone outside of pop fans even know about the album.

HM has a lot playlisting so at least a small part of it comes from the gp. So the numbers would be even lower with just the monsters

4 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

The gift did better streaming numbers than this album with half the spotify userbase :skull:

• Like 1

They are... I just don't think anyone else is :giraffe:

• Haha 6

I think most monsters don't like it. 

Personally, hate TJ, HM is cute but got old fast...

This is how Monsters treat her jazz music:

4ca3f4b804154830f4304676203df447.gif

This is how we want DarkGa but instead we get JazzGa:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c7q8i28j73os1j39vd

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, JO1s said:

The gift did better streaming numbers than this album with half the spotify userbase :skull:

The puento being that both of their side-projects don't amass the same number of listeners as their regular studio albums. 

Lady Gaga is a global superstar with a relatively small dedicated base, her smash projects are always the result of the general public being on board with her. This is why she has one of the biggest songs in the world right now with a safe HAC ballad but not with her theater camp'd Judy Garland covers. The general public isn't here for 100 year old standards in 2024. Harlequin was a passion project and even the most critical reviews note this fact and that in spite of the niche appeal, she did an amazing job across the board on the album.

Personally I think The Joker is one of the most edgelord songs I've ever heard and not even Lady Gaga's vocal peak can make it listenable and it sticks out like a sore thumb in an album full of undisputed classics and material from one of the biggest legends of our time.

Hope this clears up some of your confusion that you seem to be posting about a worrying amount.

pokemon-giovanni.gif

Edited by Sheep

I feel like a good chunk of monsters haven't enjoyed a full gaga album since BTW. 

But there's also people with taste who can appreciate some of the hidden gems on her last albums. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, wastedpotential said:

They are... I just don't think anyone else is :giraffe:

Are they tho? Chromatica debuted with 200 thousand pure sales in the US alone.  The numbers don't make sense. With those monsters playing the track only a few times a day it should be doing a lot more streams than HM's numbers today.

I'm not talking about the whole album because it's unlistenable but HM and TJ's streams should be higher with the size of the fan base 

also The Joker isn't an original Lady Gaga song, you seem confused about that too, it's a random off-broadway rock musical track. A lot of confusion coming from you lately hang in there bestie. 

Edited by Sheep
  • Confused 1

I don't know abt others but i'm definitely enjoying HM and it's been on repeat since yesterday 

it's one of the best Gaga songs imo

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I feel like a good chunk of monsters haven't enjoyed a full gaga album since BTW. 

But there's also people with taste who can appreciate some of the hidden gems on her last albums. 

I personally love HM and I find its numbers odd since the monsters said they loved it too. Maybe DWAS is cannibalizing everything 

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

also The Joker isn't an original Lady Gaga song, you seem confused about that too, it's a random off-broadway rock musical track. A lot of confusion coming from you lately hang in there bestie. 

I never said it was an original 

I talked about the songs that the monsters said they liked the most on release day

5 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I never said it was an original 

I talked about the songs that the monsters said they liked the most on release day

The people I saw praising The Joker were the people who universally pan all her jazz music. It seemed like a phoned in attempt to appeal to her self-serious fans who think they're above showtunes but run to stream rah rah rah ah ah gaga ooh la la, to me personally. :celestial5:

Happy Mistake could definitely use some promo but with DWAS not slowing down and LG7 right around the corner I think this is going to be sent out to die like the single version of Joanne was, for the purpose of getting critics buzzing about her.

Edited by Sheep

10 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Are they tho? Chromatica debuted with 200 thousand pure sales in the US alone.  The numbers don't make sense. With those monsters playing the track only a few times a day it should be doing a lot more streams than HM's numbers today.

I'm not talking about the whole album because it's unlistenable but HM and TJ's streams should be higher with the size of the fan base 

And even Stupid Love went Top 5 without any discounts and remixes. When Gaga does dance something erupts in us and makes us gayer, sassier, funnier and hotter to the point where we are powerful. It unites us all and we become one of the strongest fanbases in pop music history. But when she does Jazz and Adult Contemporary we start losing limbs and energy and we are unable to press play. When she specifically does jazz songs we dissolve and melt to the point where there's nothing left but our pubic hairs. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.